Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 8)

Comments

• Residents FanResidents Fan Posts: 9,204
    Forum Member
    Jumbobones wrote: »
    'I didn't start growing until I joined the Army'. What sort of experimental hormones do they give them these days?

Unless the speaker in that ad is Captain America, he's
    talking waffle. ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ItsNick wrote: »
    It's has to be the blood in your poo advert.
    I just hate it. I understand the point they're trying to get across but it's done in such a way that feels like if you do suffer from that then there's no point going to the doctor, you're going to die no matter what.
    Every time it comes on I have to mute the tv.

Awful advert.

Hate that advert. From experience with my Doctor (no those symptoms) they muck you around with tablets and only when they're sick off you turning up every other week send you for tests. Then you are doomed.

Anyway back on track, hate the SafeSytle advert, the VO5 one, if they went on XF they'd be told they were boring singers probably.
    The Bold one (Gold) is cute though. Kids aren't prentious unlike how that 'mums a gennnniiiius' kid comes across.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    elena wrote: »
    Oh my goodness, yes!

Still, there is a redeeming factor: the singer isn't one of those awful, breathy, twee female singers! (I'm quite surprised, actually!)

Who's singing it? Doesnt sound like David Tomlinson :confused:
  • TarotTarot Posts: 11,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    Who's singing it? Doesnt sound like David Tomlinson :confused:

According to google it is David Tomlinson; he sounds older in the advert than I remember on the soundtrack of Mary Poppins (I haven't seen the film for years though)
    Forum Member
    Maybe he (David Tomlinson) re recorded it later in life?
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    degsyhufc wrote:
    The DFS song with the awful 'quirky' song with a singer who can't sing. Another failed art student probably.

Sorry for dragging this up and reminding people of this dross
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3Dv_Ouk4z0

but I was watching Bill Bailey Dandelion Mind last night and he kind of covered this topic.

His song is slightly difference but highlights the total jibberish lyrics they use

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFDoM7PbdgM
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well thank you Mr Kipling, I am a grandmother and I haven't got a tin, should I get one, will my granddaughter hate me because I haven't got one also I haven't got a crocodile or fairy costume tucked away?
  • Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member
    Have we mentioned the ones about 'blood in your poo' or 'looser poo'?
  • TarotTarot Posts: 11,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tinkie wrote: »
    Well thank you Mr Kipling, I am a grandmother and I haven't got a tin, should I get one, will my granddaughter hate me because I haven't got one also I haven't got a crocodile or fairy costume tucked away?

I'm sure your granddaughter will forgive you..eventually; perhaps you can find a grandmother with a tin in her tin? :D

In the meantime a green sleeping-bag will suffice as an emergency crocodile costume ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tarot wrote: »
    I'm sure your granddaughter will forgive you..eventually; perhaps you can find a grandmother with a tin in her tin? :D

In the meantime a green sleeping-bag will suffice as an emergency crocodile costume ;)

I must be really bad because I haven't got one of those either :o

OK, please don't try and tell me that The Strictly advert is not David Bowie :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just saw a clothing advert with a cover of Heart Of Glass
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,505
    Forum Member
    Eamonn Holmes and his morning Sky news ad. Sickening!
    Forum Member
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Sorry for dragging this up and reminding people of this dross
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3Dv_Ouk4z0

but I was watching Bill Bailey Dandelion Mind last night and he kind of covered this topic.

His song is slightly difference but highlights the total jibberish lyrics they use

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFDoM7PbdgM

WTF are those lyrics? :confused::o
  • Andy23Andy23 Posts: 15,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Car People advert with the dog training skit seems to be on every break this week on ITV, it's getting quite annoying.
  • highfrequencyhighfrequency Posts: 101
    Forum Member
    Hate those stupid Zeebox adverts before the Simpsons on Sky1.

Bloody awful smug american voice saying stupid lines. Is it supposed to be funny?
  • bumbarbumbar Posts: 281
    Forum Member
    I don`t like cat food adverts where after feeding the cat the owner has the cat rubbing its face against theirs.There is no way that after feeding a cat you would let its mouth anywhere near your nose.
  • GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I absolutely HATE the Sky Broadband adverts with Bruce Willis! They're completely annoying and they are on ALL THE BLOODY TIME! :mad:

Also, I heard this annoying Citroen C1 advert on the radio while listening to Planet Rock. It was some crap about Facebook users getting what they wanted in the car. The worst part though was the stupidly fast reading out of the small print at the end. I HATE THAT! It's near impossible to understand what is being said and it goes on for like 20 seconds! :mad:
  • solarflaresolarflare Posts: 22,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jesus H. Christ the V05 sing-whilst-I-do-my-hair adverts make me want to vomit my fist up through my television.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    WTF are those lyrics? :confused::o
    apparently and unfortunately going be the comments people like them
  • SentenzaSentenza Posts: 12,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Elanor wrote: »
    I hate that freaky old man Charlie who lives in a BUPA care home with his chickens and his dear dead Margaret. He's 83 and even won a medal in the war! What was he - 15 or something?

Other wars than just the World ones ..Korean he would have been old enough for that.
  • IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,319
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eamonn Holmes and his morning Sky news ad. Sickening!

I do like how even he is seemingly struggling not to laugh!

"I love my job. *slight smirk to camera*"
  • LolaSveltLolaSvelt Posts: 2,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That V05 advert with that girl singing like she has a frog in her mouth. Just another try-hard wannabe.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,505
    Forum Member
    I do like how even he is seemingly struggling not to laugh!

"I love my job. *slight smirk to camera*"

...and here's the evidence, video and screen-grabs:
    http://tvnewsroom.co.uk/sky-news/sunrise-with-eamonn-holmes-2012-48359/

Just odd, on so many levels. Who gives a **** about your mornings? You love your job? Oh really? :rolleyes:

He's strangely upbeat and overly smarmy considering he will be reporting on the news :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Claims Direct. That music, my God.

Wonga still gets on my tits as well. Just fook off!
  • valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I absolutely HATE the Sky Broadband adverts with Bruce Willis! They're completely annoying and they are on ALL THE BLOODY TIME! :mad:

He looks like a bald headed old man so why would any girl go all gooey over him?:confused:
This discussion has been closed.