Louis Smith Appreciation Thread

KorkyTheCatKorkyTheCat Posts: 24,222
Forum Member
✭✭✭
For people who are suffering Louis/SCD withdrawal symptoms...

Comments

• KorkyTheCatKorkyTheCat Posts: 24,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Come on, Daisyflower, this is for us and other Louisites!
  • Lindy_LoueLindy_Loue Posts: 9,874
    Forum Member
    Come on, Daisyflower, this is for us and other Louisites!

I'm sure there are a lot of us out there - well, I'm one anyway!

Three cheers for SCD and for Louis (and Flavia) :D
  • daisyflower2012daisyflower2012 Posts: 6,020
    Forum Member
    Yayyyy!!!!!! I'm here with bells on!!!:):):)

Thanks, Korky! Xoxoxoxo
  • lucy777lucy777 Posts: 2,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Okay.. I'll always support Louis but what's wrong with the usual appreciation thread? :confused::)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seems to have veered off into Flavia's engagement thread! No harm intended.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyway, as we were saying, hooray for Louis and his exciting though unknown future! :)
    Forum Member
    Hoping we get some videos from the tour. Really excited to see how he does. I'm a bit apprehensive about the Salsa because of his back. :cry: But I think the audience will be expecting it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's exactly what I was worried about as Ola is 2 inches taller that Flavia and a little heavier and Louis was purposely not doing big lifts until the final. I hope it's not his spine that's damaged.
    Forum Member
    Hope he won't feel like he has to force it to please the TPTB. There are other dances in his repertoire that would still be crowd pleasers if needs be. The zombie tango or the fusion comes to mind. And the Charleston would more than make up for not doing the Salsa if he can't.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really don't mean to be funny but is this a private conversation between the two of you?
    Forum Member
    lucy777 wrote: »
    Really don't mean to be funny but is this a private conversation between the two of you?

No, not at all. All Louis fans are welcome. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So why not stick to the original Louis & Flavia thread? :confused:
  • shareegirlshareegirl Posts: 1,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think some fans like to have 2 threads because there might be more conversation about one than the other like the Pasha and Chelsee thread last year.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shareegirl wrote: »
    I think some fans like to have 2 threads because there might be more conversation about one than the other like the Pasha and Chelsee thread last year.

Thank you.
    Forum Member

Hi, Lucy. I'm sure Korky didn't mean anything bad by starting this thread. It's just nice for Louis to have his own appreciation thread now, like some of the other past celebs such as Mark, Chelsea, Ali etc. Please believe that no offence was intended at all.
  • hannahhannah Posts: 13,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I will keep supporting Louis im looking forward to seeing what the future holds fir him. I cant wait
    to see him on the Tour.
    Forum Member
    Me too, Hannah. Hoping he has as much success on tour with Ola as he did on the show. What dances do you think they might do?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't see this thread when I posted a comment in the "Denise was robbed" thread about joining the Louis and Flavia thread!

It's just nice to have somewhere to post comments about Louis and what he's up to. Doesn't matter really where this is, but thanks for starting this.
    Forum Member
    Hi colliefan! *waves*

Looks like our boy and Ola are excited about training today. :p

Louis Smith @louissmith1989
    So many people u awake and ready to shake :) tour rehearsals today. Looking forward to seeing some SCD faces :)

Ola Jordon @The_OlaJordon
    Off to do a bit of dancing! Xxx
    💃👍😝

Hopefully they'll tweet some more about what dances they'll be practising.
  • SaraV1308SaraV1308 Posts: 9,760
    Forum Member
    I will still be continuing to support Louis and as has been the case with Flavia's previous celebrity partners', I believe the joint appreciation thread is probably the best place for that. As an ongoing thing, I think people have posted about Jimi (in the Jimi and Flav thread), about Russell in the (Flavia and Russell thread) etc. If you want to nitpick, there have been several posts just about Louis in the Louis and Flavia thread, so if we verr off the joint topic for 24 hours to just Flavia and her engagement although I don't think that was many posts (especially as there is already the Jimi and Flav thread and the Flav appreciation thread), I don't think there is necessarily the need to start a new just Louis thread.

I for one don't see the need.

Im looking forward to seeing Louis on tour in Birmingham (and I believe Ive already said that in the appropriate thread).
  • serafimoserafimo Posts: 1,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree with Sara, I think it would be better to keep it all in one thread. Everyone on the L&F thread is lovely, don't be afraid to join us over there!
  • SaraV1308SaraV1308 Posts: 9,760
    Forum Member
    Seems to have veered off into Flavia's engagement thread! No harm intended.

Im sorry but where was this?? Unless someone complained and some posts have been deleted by the mods, there was nothing about Flavia's engagement in the Louis and Flavia appreciation thread. (With the Flav thread, and the Jimi/Flav thread there was no need to verr off topic).

Is there any reason why this thread should not just be merged with the joint appreciation thread? Its probably the safest way to make sure the thread survives and is not swallowed up by the other appreciation threads in this attic? (unless of course there is so much to write and everyone keeps posting/bumping it).
  • shareegirlshareegirl Posts: 1,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think Louis having his own appreciation thread should be such a big deal and don't understand why some people may feel offended. I like Louis and Flav, together and separately. Let's just keep supporting them in any thread:-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I don't see what all the fuss is about. No need to be so serious. Surely we can all post anywhere, but if the subject is solely Louis, well then here is his thread.

I will not be seeing him on tour and will be looking forward to hearing from people who are: next best thing to being there.

:) to everyone on D.S. It's a very recent discovery for me and simply wonderful to "chat" with like-minded folks.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm going to the tour at the O2 on the Sunday, so will report back - I might need to take my binoculars as I'm quite high up (well, that's my excuse:o)
This discussion has been closed.