The Tennis Thread (Part 21)

SupportSupport Posts: 70,713
Administrator
yesman2012 wrote: »
its tough playing in the sun for murray, but he does have the benefit of getting his match out of the way earlier without the threat of it dragging on well into the night which wouldn't be good for his sleep schedule, so this does gives him a few more hours of rest at least
    Admin Notice: This thread is a continuation of: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1733705

Comments

• Mike TeeveeMike Teevee Posts: 35,573
      Forum Member
      yay part 21

hope tonight's matches are good and competitive
    • VolVol Posts: 2,393
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      yay part 21

hope tonight's matches are good and competitive

I don't want the Murray match to be that competitive to be honest :p.

Chardy will probably come out with a 'go for everything' attitude and may take the first set; but I'll be hoping for a relatively comfortable Murray win.
    • Mike TeeveeMike Teevee Posts: 35,573
      Forum Member
      Vol wrote: »
      I don't want the Murray match to be that competitive to be honest :p.

Chardy will probably come out with a 'go for everything' attitude and may take the first set; but I'll be hoping for a relatively comfortable Murray win.

I didn't want to show any bias ;)
    • topgooner100topgooner100 Posts: 2,003
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Can't wait for Rogers match with Tsonga Jo loves the big occasions but hoping Roger doesn't give him the chances and gets in front quickly :)

Predictions: Andy obviously to win in 3 although some think Chardy may sneak a set!
      Serena comfortably
      Vika could have it a little trickier if she starts slow or Sveta puts her under pressure but I still think she'll win even if it goes to 3!
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,198
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Yeah. A shiny new thread.

I'm all rested and up for an all nighter and morning too. :) Unfortunately half of the matches will have to be played on mute.
    • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,777
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭✭
      tally wrote: »
      Yeah. A shiny new thread.

I'm all rested and up for an all nighter and morning too. :) Unfortunately half of the matches will have to be played on mute.

:D You're not wrong.

I don't even know what day/night it is any more .... the Aus Open is a killer to follow.
    • DizzleDizzle Posts: 723
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Kuznetsova and Azarenka could be a good one if Kuznetsova shows up.
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,371
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      The last time we got a new thread was after Andy's USO victory... a good omen? ;)
    • footygirlfootygirl Posts: 35,200
      Forum Member
      abby103 wrote: »
      The last time we got a new thread was after Andy's USO victory... a good omen? ;)

And at NY last year Asderaki chaired one of his matches - and she has done his match with Berankis this year in Melbourne
    • smudesmude Posts: 17,576
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Dizzle wrote: »
      Kuznetsova and Azarenka could be a good one if Kuznetsova shows up.

I love Svetlana. Always been a fave. Seems modest and I would like her to get back up the rankings. People seem to forget she has won two slams.
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Anayone think Sveta will beat Vika??
      Forum Member

She is going to need to play the match of her life and hope Vika is not on her game
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭✭
      smude wrote: »
      I love Svetlana. Always been a fave. Seems modest and I would like her to get back up the rankings. People seem to forget she has won two slams.

So true. As smartie 33 said the other day, not many people outside of tennis have even heard of her, yet she's a double Slam champion.

I have always been a fan of Svetlana.
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,733
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭

I'd like her to buy I don't think she will, she had started well but I think Victoria will do enough to ensure victory.

I think this is the first time in a long time that the Wta has a top 3 that are noticeably better than the rest.
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      So true. As smartie 33 said the other day, not many people outside of tennis have even heard of her, yet she's a double Slam champion.

I have always been a fan of Svetlana.

And for once she is wearing something that doesn't look half bad! Usually she looks as if she has rushed out and cobbled any old outfit together!
      Forum Member
      who is in the chair for Vika and Sveta

My prediction is Marija Cicak
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      footygirl wrote: »

Molina cant remember his first name!
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      footygirl wrote: »

Incorrect, its a man who is not Kadar or James K...
      Forum Member
      Incorrect, its a man who is not Kadar or James K...

Enric Molina that would be:)
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      I'd like her to buy I don't think she will, she had started well but I think Victoria will do enough to ensure victory.

I think this is the first time in a long time that the Wta has a top 3 that are noticeably better than the rest.

Agree The lack of strngth/quality used to put me off the WTA but now with these 3 it's strong and exciting again and i'm glad (although Vika is NO1 which i have no problem with) Serena leads the way!
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭✭
      And for once she is wearing something that doesn't look half bad! Usually she looks as if she has rushed out and cobbled any old outfit together!

She does look nice in her frock. :cool:
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Holding serve seems to be tough for both at the moment Sveta playing some really clever stuff!
    • smudesmude Posts: 17,576
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      She has changed her clothing sponser to a Chinese firm. Used to be with Fila who produced awful outfits.
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Sveta is looking on fire for some of the points, then it's as if she turns off for a couple.

Credit to the people who can stay awake, I am already flagging, night just see this set out before bed!!
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      UH OH Should I be worried?? 41 Sveta! 40 Odd mins this is going to be a marathon!! :eek:
    This discussion has been closed.