• Options
    Ginger DaddyGinger Daddy Posts: 8,507
    Forum Member
    Waste of a slot.
  • Options
    duffman25duffman25 Posts: 966
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    horror would of been the perfect choice for freeview offers a lot and would pull the viewers in
  • Options
    soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shame they didn't opt for CBS Action instead.
  • Options
    Sunny BSunny B Posts: 7,359
    Forum Member
    About time too! Thanks for the info :)
  • Options
    BeethovensPianoBeethovensPiano Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Waste of a slot.

Having just looked at the schedule, Yes, you are correct.
  • Options
    Sunny BSunny B Posts: 7,359
    Forum Member
    Waste of a slot.

I think that honour goes to Bonanza Bonanza.
  • Options
    Pete_ukPete_uk Posts: 2,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soulboy77 wrote: »

I agree with that sentiment.

However, we should all be thankful for what we do have!
  • Options
    soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting that the difference between Freeview and Freesat channels is gradually closing.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The American channels are not my cup of tea,I suppose some will watch,however it shows how good the UK channels are in comparison.
  • Options
    mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pete_uk wrote: »
    I agree with that sentiment.

However, we should all be thankful for what we do have!

We should be thankful for four solid hours of Judge Judy?

:o
  • Options
    Andrewww342003Andrewww342003 Posts: 353
    Forum Member
    Waste of a slot.

Rather this than another +1 channel.
  • Options
    steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mossy2103 wrote: »

If you want better channels pay for them if not be grateful you are getting them for nothing. >:(
  • Options
    hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It looks all right to me, They should invest in good reality content other then Cops which used to be on Movie Mix. Judge Judy may do okay. At least ITV3 won't need to show it any-more.
  • Options
    BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,674
    Forum Member
    Guilty pleasure TV all in one place. Sounds dangerous. But who can truly resist a bit of Judge Judy or Cheaters. :D
  • Options
    mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    steveh31 wrote: »
    If you want better channels pay for them if not be grateful you are getting them for nothing. >:(
    Sorry, but not only is that a case of "never mind the quality, feel the width", or "let them eat cake" (or even "be grateful for what you are given"), I think that I am entitled to pass an opinion that indicates that I am less than enthused by the programming and unimaginative scheduling on offer.

The channel is not likely to trouble my EPG.
  • Options
    1andrew11andrew1 Posts: 4,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    duffman25 wrote: »
    horror would of been the perfect choice for freeview offers a lot and would pull the viewers in
    soulboy77 wrote: »

Masybe if CBS Reality works for them on Freeview then their sister channels will be made available on it too.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 185
    Forum Member
    As if there wasn't enough rubbish on Freeview already...
  • Options
    Bill ClintonBill Clinton Posts: 9,389
    Forum Member
    This is a pretty positive addition, an actual TV channel with actual TV programmes as opposed to "bid tv" and "price drop tv" which have been switched around to accomodate it, however you might have thought they would go for "CBS Drama" first as the more all round general audience choice for Freeview, but it could possibly be added later if Freeview keeps expanding. I wonder how they manage to make the additions so easily these days with the limited bandwidth of Freeview it almost seems miraculous. But now we've got Travel Channel, Russia Today, True Entertainment, MoreMovies & Challenge which all used to be either Freesat or Satellite/Cable only, it is starting to resemble the Freesat lineup more and more. Given this trend, Sony TV might be a good extra choice.

It's always good to see channels that are not just video versions of something like the Argos catalogue or cameras pointed at roulette wheels or thrusting human bodies.
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    mossy2103 wrote: »

Being a law student, I wouldn't mind that one bit :D
    Waste of a slot.

Well it's better than yet another shopping, dating or +1 channel.
  • Options
    David_HillDavid_Hill Posts: 3,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    janet owen wrote: »
    The American channels are not my cup of tea,I suppose some will watch,however it shows how good the UK channels are in comparison.

Cbs Reality may not be a highbrow channel but there are great American dramas and sitcoms on other channels. Also we have channels like Home which show DIY SOS back to back for hours on end.
  • Options
    gamersxchangegamersxchange Posts: 279
    Forum Member
    For Nocturnal creatures like me i really dig Las Vegas Jailhouse which is on at 3am! , and also i like the fact that Pam Ferris watches it:)
  • Options
    hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Being a law student, I wouldn't mind that one bit :D

Well it's better than yet another shopping, dating or +1 channel.

Now we wait for Sony TV and Fox, Fox to suit the Family Guy and True Blood fans.
  • Options
    IcaraaIcaraa Posts: 6,068
    Forum Member
    Now we wait for Sony TV and Fox, Fox to suit the Family Guy and True Blood fans.

Fox won't happen. Still feels like a pay channel to me rather than a free one.
  • Options
    1andrew11andrew1 Posts: 4,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...however you might have thought they would go for "CBS Drama" first as the more all round general audience choice for Freeview, but it could possibly be added later if Freeview keeps expanding.
    According to this article, it was chosen as CBS Reality is the company's most viewed channel. "Commenting on the development, Tanya Gugenheim, chief of business development, Chello Zone said: “...The channel is the ratings leader in our CBS Chello Zone Partnership portfolio and will no doubt be compelling viewing for Freeview customers.”
    http://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2014/04/01/freeview-adds-cbs-reality/
  • Options
    Hayley_babyHayley_baby Posts: 15,825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1andrew1 wrote: »
    According to this article, it was chosen as CBS Reality is the company's most viewed channel. "Commenting on the development, Tanya Gugenheim, chief of business development, Chello Zone said: “...The channel is the ratings leader in our CBS Chello Zone Partnership portfolio and will no doubt be compelling viewing for Freeview customers.”
    http://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2014/04/01/freeview-adds-cbs-reality/

Weird you would have thought that they'd have chosen a channel with the least viewers to launch on freeview. Increasing the viewers for that channel and more money for them.