Harry Potter on ITV

JordyDJordyD Posts: 4,007
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Is there any other 'major' TV channels around the world that replays the same set of movies every single year in primetime?

I just can't believe its on yet again tonight...

Comments

• A.D.PA.D.P Posts: 10,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JordyD wrote: »
    Is there any other 'major' TV channels around the world that replays the same set of movies every single year in primetime?

I agree it's absolutely terrible, poor very poor for ITV I think it's a complete repeat of there christmas schedule last year with the over repeated Harry Potter in Primetime,

Just do not watch ITV they will get the message.
  • vauxhall1964vauxhall1964 Posts: 10,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They've paid for the rights to show them so what else do you expect them to do....let the films gather dust? The last one they showed a few days ago was watched by 20% of the TV audience so clearly millions want to see them. That's a bigger audience than many of their prime time shows can get too.
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    IMHo the quality of evening TV is at rock bottom so i don't mind seeing the HP movies again. They're a good watch.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How come they skipped goblet of fire?
  • jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How come they skipped goblet of fire?

Was wondering that myself.
  • Andy23Andy23 Posts: 15,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I expect most major TV channels across the world are worse than ours, have you seen some schedules on European TV. I don't think those in the US are as good as people assume either.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andy23 wrote: »
    I expect most major TV channels across the world are worse than ours, have you seen some schedules on European TV. I don't think those in the US are as good as people assume either.

The US is awful advert every 5 minutes practically.
  • ocavocav Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, BBC Three with the Shrek films.
  • H of De VilH of De Vil Posts: 26,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The BBC and the Indian Jones films. They are repeated on BBC1 and BBC3. ITV just have Potter on the ITV main channel.
  • D_PeugeotD_Peugeot Posts: 781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I noticed 40-year-old Virgin is on ITV2 yet again. Must be the 2nd/3rd time this week.

It's on almost as much as Forgetting Sarah Marshall and Star Wars.
  • J-StarJ-Star Posts: 220
    Forum Member
    It's the same with ITV 2, they seem to have The Holiday, The Jurassic Park trilogy, bridget Jones and shaun of the dead on rinse and repeat.
  • ohglobbitsohglobbits Posts: 4,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    J-Star wrote: »
    It's the same with ITV 2, they seem to have The Holiday, The Jurassic Park trilogy, bridget Jones and shaun of the dead on rinse and repeat.
    No Love Actually this year?
  • J-StarJ-Star Posts: 220
    Forum Member
    ohglobbits wrote: »

Ah quite possibly but as I wrote it I kept thinking of more films they keep repeating which sort of nullified my point :D
  • H of De VilH of De Vil Posts: 26,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

SKY have snaffled that.

The problem with ITV is that they rely on the same films over and over again. They don't seem to be willing to invest in film rights. I imagine that's because they are expensive and bring little back in return. Or it could be because they are lazy.
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The ******** are all on over Christmas as well :D
  • Misanthropy_83Misanthropy_83 Posts: 2,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    over the summer I was beginning to think ITV owned the rights to couples retreat as it seemed to be on every week
  • John DoughJohn Dough Posts: 146,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Sky has that one atm but anything by Richard Curtis is copper bottomed crap wherever it's shown.>:(

The ITV Christmas schedule is beyond bad this year no wonder they're promoting their new stuff for January so heavily.