EE (Orange Mast) No Signal For Over A Month

Comments

• wrexham103.4wrexham103.4 Posts: 3,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cant imagine they would take a mast in Blaenau off line permanently , in glyn ceriog (ceriog valley) (not far off Blaenau in terms of rural coverage) the only provider is orange with a 2G mast, thats been off and on like a tarts knickers for the past 6 months too!
  • rightonpardrightonpard Posts: 150
    Forum Member
    Interesting development this afternoon...

The 'Orange' network is now showing again when doing a network search.

However, using Orange sim cards, T-Mobile Sim cards, and a host of MVNO sims etc when trying to manually select network, you get the standard no access / cannot connect to network message.

Strange...

It's there but it won't allow connection!

... It 'latched on' once briefly but trying to make a call gave an 'Error in connection' message on screen.

Any ideas?

I have this strange suspicion they've sent Lenny out to have a boochus at it, he's turned it on, will tinker with it for a while, decide it's knackered, turn it back off & bugger off home never to be seen again lol
  • Deleted_User381237831Deleted_User381237831 Posts: 7,902
    Forum Member
    It has probably been locked down to engineer SIM cards only for testing etc
  • The Lord LucanThe Lord Lucan Posts: 5,054
    Forum Member
    Should be able to access it by Tuesday. Think you'll be happy by the end of the week.
    Forum Member
    Should be able to access it by Tuesday. Think you'll be happy by the end of the week.

That's a bit cryptic. Would you be so kind as to elaborate?
    Sounds promising :D

On the other hand you could just be having a lucky guess that its gunna be 3G'd etc, and giving it 48hrs to get grooving :p

Still doesn't appear to have been anything done on site.... So....

It was only appearing as 2G when doing a search earlier as well.
    Forum Member
    And it's offline completely again...
    i.e. Can't be found in network scan.

#Standard!
  • Deleted_User381237831Deleted_User381237831 Posts: 7,902
    Forum Member
    Engineers gone home for the evening?!
  • debidebi Posts: 3,288
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Everything Everywhere?? Nothing Nowhere more like!! Our whole community (suburbia of a town) has for the last TWO weeks been devoid of any service from Orange aka EE. No signal, no mast no service and no customer care!! We were not given ANY notice and no information, just simply SWITCHED OFF, this could apparently go on for 2mths as they upgrade to 4G...:mad:

My son who is self employed is losing loads of business. My friends autistic children who are on school holidays are now without signal or service so can't contact parents. People who are vulnerable and rely on a mobile phone have nothing. I was due to have some work done but without reception the builders won't come as they have no mobile signal and complain they are missing calls!!

We are told the mast has been switched off for optimisation?? We are also told this could go on for 2 MONTHS!!

According to the CEO's executive office, I should be using my handset on USM, but no one has told us.

According to the CEO's executive office this is to be expected at times in order to update their service! What service, we don't have any!!

According to the CEO's executive office there are engineers on the case however that is not the story we hear from the technical team.

According to the CEO's office we could at their discretion be given a free signal boosting box to enable mobile signal at home, HOWEVER they are having problems with the manufacturers and can't guarantee any delivery.

According to the CEO's office, I am now not contracted to them and can end my contract at any time!!! Cheers for the help!!

According to EE/Orange there could be problems beyond their control - not MY problem!! We all anticipate and expect service failure at certain times of bad weather or remote locations...but in a busy coastal town in Cornwall, peak time for tourism....SWITCH OFF without notice or prior warning grrrrrr:mad:

It is a shambles and I have renamed Everything Everywhere - NOTHING NOWHERE.

Service providers are supposed to provide?? Not with EE it seems.

Customer care is meant to be priority? Not with EE it seems.

As for compensation, refunds of monthly payments or simply a nice goodwill email.......I get an email from the Executive Office telling me 'sorry we can't resolve your problem'

JOKE!!! I am taking this to the regulator as so many people are affected .

If anyone wants to email the CEO I have his direct email address, just message me and it's all yours!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 358
    Forum Member
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-mid-wales-23534940

is this your area or somewhere else?
  • The Lord LucanThe Lord Lucan Posts: 5,054
    Forum Member
    debi wrote: »
    Everything Everywhere?? Nothing Nowhere more like!!

Just ask to be released from your contract.. Good luck getting any signal elsewhere.

The CEO's email is easily googled and it's not a 'direct' address.

When a building is earmarked for demolition or a landlord decides not to allow a network have it's mast on it's land it is hardly the fault of the network... also you make it sound all so very easy to maintain and operate a network. A fault in one mast can affect the others and make a whole city have issues. This is just the way it is.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Orange / EE told me on the phone last night that they cannot guarantee a signal, and that if I wanted to leave it would be a case of paying the full whack :(:cry:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just ask to be released from your contract.. Good luck getting any signal elsewhere.

The CEO's email is easily googled and it's not a 'direct' address.

When a building is earmarked for demolition or a landlord decides not to allow a network have it's mast on it's land it is hardly the fault of the network... also you make it sound all so very easy to maintain and operate a network. A fault in one mast can affect the others and make a whole city have issues. This is just the way it is.[/QUOTE

Just the way it is!!!!:mad: I don't think so. I live in Cornwall and we have always had a signal (not great perhaps but still fairly reliable) and then all of a sudden we get SWITCHED OFF FOR 2 MONTHS!! This is NOT the way it should be.

I was interested to read the newspaper link with regards to this and will certainly be contacting trading standards and the regulator. I was told by Orange that the mast was being 'optimised' whatever that means.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-mid-wales-23534940

is this your area or somewhere else?

Thanks for posting this. No this is not my area, I live in South Cornwall. We are a coastal town most of which is low lying and none of us have signal. It is outrageous and there is no help from customer services who simply tell us that they would send us a signal boosting box but sadly there are problems with the manufacturer.

The letter I got from the Executive office appears to tell me to like it or lump it!

I am cancelling my contract now and going with another provider, I am fed up with it although cheesed off that I have to enter yet another fixed term contract with a service provider I am not au fait with.

Like I said Everything Everywhere equated to NOTHING NOWHERE. Cheers Olaf Swanson.
    Forum Member
    So by count, that's now at least three places that have lost their Orange 2G for more than 2 months, where Orange 2G is the only available EE signal.

One here, Blaenau Ffestiniog, North Wales. (The original purpose of this thread).

The second in Mid Wales.

The third somewhere in South Cornwall.

Do Orange have something against the Celtic folk?!
    Interesting points, again today we have the signal showing in a network scan, but still unable to connect.

Also, I'm from South Cornwall, although you mean West Cornwall really deb :P I've been living in North Wales for last 6 years though. Whereabouts are you from? I was a Helstonian! Still try to get 'home' for Flora Day each year! :)
  • eljmayeseljmayes Posts: 1,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So by count, that's now at least three places that have lost their Orange 2G for more than 2 months, where Orange 2G is the only available EE signal.

One here, Blaenau Ffestiniog, North Wales. (The original purpose of this thread).

The second in Mid Wales.

Interesting points, again today we have the signal showing in a network scan, but still unable to connect.

Also, I'm from South Cornwall, although you mean West Cornwall really deb :P I've been living in North Wales for last 6 years though. Whereabouts are you from? I was a Helstonian! Still try to get 'home' for Flora Day each year! :)
    Here in deepest South Lincolnshire it's a very weak 2G signal after years of relatively solid 3G coverage. Very odd and rather annoying.
    Forum Member
    Personally i'm beginning to think that this whole Orange/T-Mobile thing was a beautiful idea when they got together, roaming across both networks, instant boost in coverage for large areas, and then smart signal sharing that made it 'almost' seamless - all brilliant stuff.

Then they seem to have started tinkering with 4G like a kid with a new toy and have dropped the 'Maintaining Your Legacy Network Board Game' like a sack of sh1t.

As time go's on I see the 2G network falling apart bit by bit going unrepaired, and the same with 3G - with the exception of LARGE population areas where it's lose them serious revenue.

Yes, feeling rather hostile towards EE right now. They were my favourite network by far, but now my faith is waivering.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The second in Mid Wales.

Hiya yes Cornwall - groan - right in the middle of the holidays! I have just phoned our local paper who are coming to do a story on this. I live nr St Austell, just outside and it is deffo a NOTHING NOWHERE story as opposed to an EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE........:mad:
  • jojo01jojo01 Posts: 12,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have had to switch my phone to receive a 2G signal only as, for the past 2-3 months, the 3G signal has been virtually non-existant in the afternoons where I work (West London, so not a sparsely populated area!), and the signal at home (South London) was very weak.

Not quite Nothing Nowhere like you seem to be suffering, but Something Sometimes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jojo01 wrote: »
    I have had to switch my phone to receive a 2G signal only as, for the past 2-3 months, the 3G signal has been virtually non-existant in the afternoons where I work (West London, so not a sparsely populated area!), and the signal at home (South London) was very weak.

Not quite Nothing Nowhere like you seem to be suffering, but Something Sometimes.

Something Sometimes would be a teensie bit better than NOTHING NOWHERE! We have always had a reasonable 3G signal but now nothing on either 2G or 3G. There was no warning and no advice following, EVERYONE EVERYWHERE here has NOTHING NOWHERE and has had to use landlines to find out or hike a mile up the road to phone Orange direct from their handset!
  • jojo01jojo01 Posts: 12,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Something Sometimes would be a teensie bit better than NOTHING NOWHERE! We have always had a reasonable 3G signal but now nothing on either 2G or 3G. There was no warning and no advice following, EVERYONE EVERYWHERE here has NOTHING NOWHERE and has had to use landlines to find out or hike a mile up the road to phone Orange direct from their handset!

I hope the national papers pick up the local news story - hopefully then it will pressure EE/T-Mobile/Orange into addressing the issue urgently.

Best of luck with it.
  • lost boylost boy Posts: 1,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just the way it is!!!!:mad: I don't think so. I live in Cornwall and we have always had a signal (not great perhaps but still fairly reliable) and then all of a sudden we get SWITCHED OFF FOR 2 MONTHS!! This is NOT the way it should be.

I was interested to read the newspaper link with regards to this and will certainly be contacting trading standards and the regulator. I was told by Orange that the mast was being 'optimised' whatever that means.

Oh dear - going by the bit in bold you're in exactly the same boat as people here are, the joys of 'network optimisation'.

What they mean by that is that, basically, if there are any T-Mobile/Orange masts that are duplicating each other's coverage areas (by being close to each other etc) then one is being switched off, with the other picking up the slack.

That's the theory anyway, in practice it isn't working too well. That's why here in the East for example EE are struggling to provide 2G with calls dropping like flies, while Three cheerfully provides blanket 3G over the same area. That's been the case for months and EE (surprise) don't give a s*it.
    Personally i'm beginning to think that this whole Orange/T-Mobile thing was a beautiful idea when they got together, roaming across both networks, instant boost in coverage for large areas, and then smart signal sharing that made it 'almost' seamless - all brilliant stuff.

Yes, feeling rather hostile towards EE right now. They were my favourite network by far, but now my faith is waivering.

Agreed - in theory the whole idea of it makes perfect sense, for the company and for the customer. In practice, well, here (barring one 3G mast and one 2G mast) the Orange network was switched off en masse, leaving T-Mobile's already very busy masts to pick up the slack... and it's simply not working. So many people at work have fled T-Mobile because of it.

Also agree re the hostility - when the network first collapsed I rung in to report it... had to use my Three phone to do so as my EE (well, Orange) handset wouldn't hold the call; 7 drops before connecting, 2 drops after connecting. CS wouldn't have it, so I dared them to ring me on it if the network was working so well (as they were claiming) - eventually realising I was right, they were less combative, but still refused to do a thing about it, choosing to spout lie after lie instead.
    Forum Member
    Somebody wants to forward the link to this thread to the nationals. I might if i get ten mins dreckly.
  • callmedivacallmediva Posts: 1,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The second in Mid Wales.

Add S.E. Lancs to that list. Before Orange went EE I had no issues at all, ever since then I only get a signal every now and then and only upstairs at the very front of the house.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My local paper and journalist are arriving at 5.30 to do a story and I believe that may generate interest from National papers. Let's hope so.

Our local community group have just warned that if we don't have reception now we probably won't be getting it back and they are advising we cancel our contracts and find another service provider!

Will keep you posted on what happens next if anything!! Orange seem to have shut down on me now! Wonder why??