Ross King (Mr Hollywood) - Please Stop

smilliekyliesmilliekylie Posts: 3,661
Forum Member
✭✭✭
If Richard Arnold has a thread telling him to stop ( justified ) then I think it only fair that Ross King has one as well. They are both equally asinine on GMB.

He was referring to himself as 'Mr Hollywood' on GMB the other day. I guess a name he cleverly constructed for himself. Furthermore he has a book out telling all and sundry about his escapades with the rich and famous of Tinseltown, though it appears this is actually written by someone else. Accordingly it's 'shaking up Hollywood'. I have my doubts.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/tvs-showbiz-expert-ross-king-4041956

Anyone a fan of "Mr Hollywood', or do you think like Mr Arnold, he should just stop ? :confused:

Comments

• jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,055
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has that guy ever been to Hollywood, used to think tbat sign behind him was a fake background
  • 80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If he is in Hollywood, please stay there!!

A very smug, fake individual if ever there was one
  • SatnavvySatnavvy Posts: 5,211
    Forum Member
    What is it about show biz reporters that make them so repulsive? Think of Wootton, Arnold and King

Love to give the impression they are dishing the dirt but just want to leave their feet dangling out of any celebrity's rear end
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Satnavvy wrote: »
    What is it about show biz reporters that make them so repulsive? Think of Wootton, Arnold and King

Love to give the impression they are dishing the dirt but just want to leave their feet dangling out of any celebrity's rear end

They have such a high opinion of themselves too.

King is pretty much a has-been anyway. He's tried all sorts over the years, from quiz shows to radio, and he now ends up doing this. Oh and apparently his first name is actually Derek!! :D

The only other person who I find as repulsive and fake as Ross King is Neil Fox - I really cannot stand anything about him either for the same reasons
  • D_PeugeotD_Peugeot Posts: 781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A sinister creep like all of his ilk. Make money gossiping about people. What is the point of this human?
  • Poppy99_PoppyPoppy99_Poppy Posts: 2,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree that he should go. He has cold dead eyes masked in a false bonhomie. When he comes on I always say to myself, here comes Widow Twanky. I don't know why! He has a plastic face and matching personality. And what's worse, he wears v-neck t-shirts. Euek!
  • WutheringWuthering Posts: 1,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't understand how he has remained on TV all these years, he's awful.

Just like I can't understand how that horrid little twerp Dan Wootton has got to where he has.

Dreadful "personalities"...as appealling as getting smacked in the face with a dirty dish cloth.
  • smilliekyliesmilliekylie Posts: 3,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ross has just popped up on GMB spouting nonsense about Angelina & Brad's marriage. Accordingly he has the inside knowledge on why they got married, and what their children think about it all. Just stuff he probably read on sites like DS & Periz Hilton's.

Kinda don't believe that Ross has any insight into the very private world of Angelina & Brad

Please go away you deluded fool
  • BelfastGuy125BelfastGuy125 Posts: 7,515
    Forum Member
    Wish him and that other berk Arnold, would die in some massive fake tan factory explosion.
  • Shady_Pines1Shady_Pines1 Posts: 1,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wish him and that other berk Arnold, would die in some massive fake tan factory explosion.

That's bloody funny. :D
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    80sfan wrote: »
    They have such a high opinion of themselves too.

King is pretty much a has-been anyway. He's tried all sorts over the years, from quiz shows to radio, and he now ends up doing this. Oh and apparently his first name is actually Derek!! :D

The only other person who I find as repulsive and fake as Ross King is Neil Fox - I really cannot stand anything about him either for the same reasons

"Dr" Neil Fox reminds me of Smashie and Nicey, he's got that silly mid Atlantic drawl that the old school Radio 1 DJ's all had before they got sacked in the mid 90's

Ross King looks like he's been sculpted from plastic, his face is practically frozen in place. He's a prat.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Dr" Neil Fox reminds me of Smashie and Nicey, he's got that silly mid Atlantic drawl that the old school Radio 1 DJ's all had before they got sacked in the mid 90's

That's exactly why I can't listen to him! It's like he's stuck in some timewarp and has never moved with the times. It looked like he was finally moving on from that 'Dr Fox' persona from the 1990s, but now he's decided he wants to be 'Foxy' these days.

He's just such a bore and comes across as thinking he's a big star. He isn't ;-)
  • occyoccy Posts: 64,965
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always thought Ross King always looked like Neil Fox :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    occy wrote: »
    I always thought Ross King always looked like Neil Fox :D

I think that's why the discussion about the slimy Ross King reminded me about how equally slimy I find Neil 'Charridy, mate' Fox! :D
  • ARYMARYM Posts: 1,144
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ross King has that bouffant dyed hair ! arghhhhh

And he always tries to tell us he is friendly with Robbie Williams :(

What does he do exactly? Anything he talks about has been in the papers 3 days before!

I'm sure he knows ROD as well :(
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Ross King looks like he's been sculpted from plastic, his face is practically frozen in place. He's a prat.

The whole 'showbiz gossip' thing with the cardboard cut-out skyline is very 1990s GMTV.

Ross King probably just copies and pastes all his 'news' from online sites. Can't believe he's still doing the rounds on TV!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ARYM wrote: »
    Ross King has that bouffant dyed hair !

Ross King must have had that haircut since 1984! ;-)

He really is a real-life 'Smashie & Nicey' in every way, with his fake accent, dated image and constant name-dropping (bet he doesn't like talking about it really though, mate!) :D
  • 777Eilidh777Eilidh Posts: 603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Owww! I've not seen him on tv for years so maybe he's changed a lot. All I know is, he used to visit my sister and her husband when he stayed in Glasgow and they thought the world of him. He wasn't a common tv name then though.
  • storyofmylifestoryofmylife Posts: 1,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's appeared on GMB and Lorraine, since when was he going to be credible? He was probably, just like Richard the cheapest reporter they could afford.
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,033
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ARYM wrote: »
    Ross King has that bouffant dyed hair ! arghhhhh

And he always tries to tell us he is friendly with Robbie Williams :(

What does he do exactly? Anything he talks about has been in the papers 3 days before!

I'm sure he knows ROD as well :(

bib: He was a guest at his wedding. But he refused to reveal any info on tv, just saying something along the lines of "What happened in Vegas, stays in Vegas"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bib: He was a guest at his wedding. But he refused to reveal any info on tv, just saying something along the lines of "What happened in Vegas, stays in Vegas"

Who gives a fig anyway about these smarmy, smug has-beens?
  • HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ross King looks more and more like an elderly aunt every day.

That dyed, bouffant hairstyle, the fake tan, the glistening teeth .... It's all just horrible. He's like the elderly aunt who everybody gives a wide berth because she's embarrassing.
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,033
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hotgossip wrote: »

That dyed, bouffant hairstyle, the fake tan, the glistening teeth .... It's all just horrible. He's like the elderly aunt who everybody gives a wide berth because she's embarrassing.

:D:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hotgossip wrote: »

I like it!! :D:D:D