Co-op boycotts exports from Israel's West Bank settlements

Comments

• stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mikael wrote: »
    Stood up for the Jews ? Really ? Is anyone here anti-Jewish ? Is the co-op anti-Jewish.

Do you support the theft of the West Bank by any chance ? And do you support those illegals that are profiting from the land they stole ?

No; on the strength of this it's not even anti-Israel. It's totally cool with dealing with Israeli companies; just not the ones operating out of the occupied territories. Israel's still getting the trade.

If they're anti-Semitic then they're clearly not very good at it.
  • TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,414
    Forum Member
    I'm sure the the illegal Jewish Masters are giving their Palestinian child slaves just about enough money to buy a loaf of bread - http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=DqUjWpV6NYg#at=433
    The Israeli's have been responsible for not one, or two but dozens of massacres:

The King David Massacre
    The Massacre at Baldat al-Shaikh
    YEHIDA MASSACRE
    KHISAS MASSACRE
    QAZAZA MASSACRE
    The Semiramis Hotel Massacre
    The Massacre at Dair Yasin
    NASER AL-DIN MASSACRE
    THE TANTURA MASSACRE
    BEIT DARAS MASSACRE
    THE DAHMASH MOSQUE MASSACRE
    DAWAYMA MASSACRE
    HOULA MASSACRE
    SHARAFAT MASSACRE
    Salha Massacre
    The Massacre at Qibya
    KAFR QASEM MASSACRE
    Khan Yunis Massacre
    The Massacre in Gaza City
    AL-SAMMOU' MASSACRE
    Aitharoun Massacre
    Kawnin Massacre
    Hanin Massacre
    Bint Jbeil Massacre
    Abbasieh Massacre
    Adloun Massacre
    Saida Massacre
    Fakhani Massacre
    Beirut Massacre Sabra And Shatila Massacre
    Jibsheet Massacre
    Sohmor Massacre
    Seer Al Garbiah
    Maaraka Massacres
    Zrariah Massacre
    Homeen Al-Tahta Massacre
    Jibaa Massacre
    Yohmor Massacre
    Tiri massacre
    Al-Naher Al-Bared Massacre
    Ain Al-Hillwee Massacre
    OYON QARA MASSACRE
    Siddiqine Massacre
    AL-AQSA MOSQUE MASSACRE
    THE IBRAHIMI MOSQUE MASSACRE
    THE JABALIA MASSACRE
    Aramta Massacre
    ERETZ CHECKPOINT MASSACRE
    Deir Al-Zahrani Massacre
    Nabatiyeh (school bus) Massacre
    Mnsuriah Massacre
    The Sohmor Second Massacre
    Nabatyaih Massacre
    Qana Massacre
    Trqumia Massacr
    Janta Massacre
    24 Of June 1999 Massacres
    Western Bekaa villages Massacre

This is just the beginning.

Of-course it will be accepted, the Jews have no choice, but to accept 1 Palestinian state, there's no other solution.

Ofcourse it will happen, 6 million Palestinian refugees are waiting to go back to their land, you think they will go where ? :D ...

Digital Spy forums should not provide a home for overt prejudice. Indeed, only the other day I made some posts on a thread about labelling halal meat because quite a bit of cryptic Islamophobia was present and that is unacceptable.

Whilst it is perfectly accepatble for anyone to criticise the government of the day of any country over their policies (and I have certainly done that myself in respect of the Netanyahu government), your posts go way beyond that.

You equate all Jews = all Israelis = all Zionists = all Israel and you use perjorative language on top of that. That is either a sign of profound immaturity and lack of knowledge or a sign that a very nasty and virulent prejudice agenda is at work in which case you are far better off posting here: http://www.stormfront.org/forum/

In any event, your conduct in this forum and the prejudice that you blatantly exhibit is nothing short of appalling.
  • MikaelMikael Posts: 1,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Whilst it is perfectly accepatble for anyone to criticise the government of the day of any country over their policies (and I have certainly done that myself in respect of the Netanyahu government), your posts go way beyond that.

In any event, your conduct in this forum and the prejudice that you blatantly exhibit is nothing short of appalling.

Same old nonsense.
    You equate all Jews = all Israelis = all Zionists = all Israel

No I have never said anything like this. Not all Jews are Israeli's and not all Jews are Zionists. In fact, many Jews are against Zionism.
    Forum Member
    Same old nonsense.

No I have never said anything like this. Not all Jews are Israeli's and not all Jews are Zionists. In fact, many Jews are against Zionism.

...and same old virulent, spiteful and nescient prejudice from you. Why not either grow up or go here where you will no doubt receive a warm welcome?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...and same old virulent, spiteful and nescient prejudice from you. Why not either grow up or go here where you will no doubt receive a warm welcome?

They won't welcome me, because I don't hate non-whites. :)
  • TimMcTVUserTimMcTVUser Posts: 321
    Forum Member
    Co-op are doing the right thing IMO, and obviously their own too.
    Digital Spy forums should not provide a home for overt prejudice...............................................

Do you say the same in every thread you may feel this occurs, or just the ones you dont agree with ;)
  • Ethel_FredEthel_Fred Posts: 34,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So has anyone proved how the Co-Op is anti-Semitic for importing Israeli goods?
  • Speak-SoftlySpeak-Softly Posts: 24,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Do you say the same in every thread you may feel this occurs, or just the ones you dont agree with ;)

Well Television User said the same in another thread about somebody who they saw as holding prejudices against muslims.

So I would have thought the answer was no.

The prejudice on this thread from some is dreadful.

You think this is acceptable?

"I'm sure the the illegal Jewish Masters are giving their Palestinian child slaves just about enough money to buy a loaf of bread".

Or how about all that on the previous pages saying that a Jewish state will never be acceptable and people are just waiting to get rid of it.

The thread is about the Co Op boycotting goods from illegal settlements.
    Why has that been used to question the existance of Israel?
  • psionicpsionic Posts: 20,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ethel_Fred wrote: »
    So has anyone proved how the Co-Op is anti-Semitic for importing Israeli goods?

Nope don't think anyone has.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    psionic wrote: »
    Nope don't think anyone has.
    Just checking
  • Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ethel_Fred wrote: »
    Just checking

Any minute now they will, I mean its not like they just said it as a knee jerk reaction to any story involving Israel is it ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You think this is acceptable?

"I'm sure the the illegal Jewish Masters are giving their Palestinian child slaves just about enough money to buy a loaf of bread".

Child labour is slavery - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqUjWpV6NYg
    Or how about all that on the previous pages saying that a Jewish state will never be acceptable and people are just waiting to get rid of it.

I was talking to veyda22 about what a solution would be to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. I said 1 Palestinian state for all would be the solution. Indeed a Jewish state will never be accepted because the Jews will be a minority once the 6 million Palestinians return to their land. A Jewish state would not be democratic.
    The thread is about the Co Op boycotting goods from illegal settlements.
    Why has that been used to question the existance of Israel?

You'd know how the topic changed if you read all the posts.
  • AbewestAbewest Posts: 3,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So you'd buy something from Hitler? Knowing that he'll use your money to kill Jews ?

How's he going to manage this in his capacity as a farmer? How much do you think a farmer earns? And if he's got the time on his hands to swan off on killing sprees when the notion takes him, who's going to be looking after business around the farm?
    You are not a very nice person are you ?

And you're not a very bright one.
  • 2+2=52+2=5 Posts: 24,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's disappointing that we couldn't stick to the topic and not use it for/against either side of the argument. I remain hopeful that this is possible on threads like this if we try to stick to the topic at hand.
  • Speak-SoftlySpeak-Softly Posts: 24,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2+2=5 wrote: »
    It's disappointing that we couldn't stick to the topic and not use it for/against either side of the argument. I remain hopeful that this is possible on threads like this if we try to stick to the topic at hand.

All topics discussing anything to do with Israel end up like this.
    You must know that by now.
    And it's down to a few posters who will carry on doing it until they are removed (as they have been many, many times before)

Some of the stuff posted in this thread is pretty bad, wouldn't you agree?
  • stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

True. I'd kind of hoped that this thread, at least, would be a good opportunity for that, given that Co-Op's actions are explicitly drawing a difference between Israel as a whole and its actions- the very fact that they're sourcing from OTHER ISRAELI COMPANIES rather than pulling out of Israel should make that pretty clear to anyone.

That said, this IS one of those subjects where a lot of people are so polarised that they can't see the grey areas. Which is sad, because it's only from those grey areas that constructive discussion, or even peace, could ever come.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do apologise for slightly going off topic. I felt compelled to respond to some of the off-topic posts by veyda22 and co.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All topics discussing anything to do with Israel end up like this.
    You must know that by now.
    And it's down to a few posters who will carry on doing it until they are removed (as they have been many, many times before)

Some of the stuff posted in this thread is pretty bad, wouldn't you agree?

I don't want to comment on it for fear of getting involved and would prefer to stick to the topic matter - as long as anyone else is interested in discussing it, of course.

In a way it's a gutsy thing for a company to do - right now they're out on their own - open to whatever publicity might get thrown at them, positive and negative. If it makes any kind of difference (even if it increases awareness or causes the subject to be brought up more often) and if this movement grows to a certain degree, it could prompt a response or some recognition of what's going on. It's hard to be sure.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do apologise for slightly going off topic. I felt compelled to respond to some of the off-topic posts by veyda22 and co.

I don't think you need to apologise. Neither does veyda. You both feel strongly on these matters and I'm all too aware of how that can pan out. It takes two to tango, as you have alluded to!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stoatie wrote: »
    True. I'd kind of hoped that this thread, at least, would be a good opportunity for that, given that Co-Op's actions are explicitly drawing a difference between Israel as a whole and its actions- the very fact that they're sourcing from OTHER ISRAELI COMPANIES rather than pulling out of Israel should make that pretty clear to anyone.

That said, this IS one of those subjects where a lot of people are so polarised that they can't see the grey areas. Which is sad, because it's only from those grey areas that constructive discussion, or even peace, could ever come.

Well put, sir. The polarisation feels almost at saturation point - there seems few interested in a neutral stance on such matters - at least those willing to post on it, as I'm sure many people just aren't interested either way.
    Forum Member

I don't particularly care for your snide and ill-informed remark. Digital Spy should not be a home for anyone to promulgate hatred or prejudice of any sort whether that's against Muslims, Palestinians or anyone else for that matter.

I try be consistent on this point and the language that was highlighted above by Speak-Softly in his post does illustrates that another poster has gone too far because intemperate and inflammatory language has been used and it effectively tries to tar all 100% of a population with the same brush and that is just not on.
    They won't welcome me, because I don't hate non-whites. :)

...but you most certainly do appear to be in the business of unremitting hate judging by the odious and nescient posts that you continue to make.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

...but you most certainly do appear to be in the business of unremitting hate judging by the odious and nescient posts that you continue to make.

I think you are a closet Zionist that supports the crimes of the Zionist entity. That may explain why you get an emotional outburst when you see your dear Zionist entity being criticized.
    Why don't you challenge me on my points or agree to disagree with me? Is it because it is easier to accuse me of being an anti-Semite or a hater of Jews ? :)
  • StykerStyker Posts: 49,791
    Forum Member
    Those that do want to buy Israeli products can get them from Tesco, Asda and now Sainsburys for the first time I noticed today. Thats based on clementines. I noticed for the first time one's grown in israel being sold in Sainsburys.
  • 12Fenwick12Fenwick Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    It's disappointing that we couldn't stick to the topic and not use it for/against either side of the argument.

You're not actually disappointed though are you?

You've managed to stir up more anti-Israel sentiment so job done.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    12Fenwick wrote: »
    You're not actually disappointed though are you?

You've managed to stir up more anti-Israel sentiment so job done.
    The people who claimed it was anti-Semitism did that.