Britney Jean: Album thread

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok...so the BJ era has begun..;) i couldnt resist...sorry...but i suppose that adds another connotation to it too ;)

Anwyays i have a feeling that they were stepping down the Original Doll path...so thus titled it after her name? Britney Jean...which alludes to when Janet Jackson titled "janet." and Damita Jo....i wasnt a fan of the title to begin with but i am warming to it...Feed the Wolves sounded like a cool rumoured title for it hwoever.

Anyways...glad to see her on UK soil..but seriously i am mystified as to what she wants for this album/era overall she is in the UK making a noise about the fact she is BACK...but at the same time she is in Vegas in late December onwards....so it just makes you think "hmmmm" but releasing on her birthday again is a great idea...Winter means great marketing and it helped with Circus...so i hope that it works again here for her...i mean i just hope she does better than Femme Fatale in all platforms :) and i reckon she may if they do it right...small UK promo before album release...do Norton interview/live performance of two songs and THUS have it...maybe Wossy too?? dunno...she has CHatty Man this week for a 12 min blip :) no performance but its a step there :).
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,989
    Forum Member
    Ok...so the BJ era has begun..;) i couldnt resist...sorry...but i suppose that adds another connotation to it too ;)

Anwyays i have a feeling that they were stepping down the Original Doll path...so thus titled it after her name? Britney Jean...which alludes to when Janet Jackson titled "janet." and Damita Jo....i wasnt a fan of the title to begin with but i am warming to it...Feed the Wolves sounded like a cool rumoured title for it hwoever.

Anyways...glad to see her on UK soil..but seriously i am mystified as to what she wants for this album/era overall she is in the UK making a noise about the fact she is BACK...but at the same time she is in Vegas in late December onwards....so it just makes you think "hmmmm" but releasing on her birthday again is a great idea...Winter means great marketing and it helped with Circus...so i hope that it works again here for her...i mean i just hope she does better than Femme Fatale in all platforms :) and i reckon she may if they do it right...small UK promo before album release...do Norton interview/live performance of two songs and THUS have it...maybe Wossy too?? dunno...she has CHatty Man this week for a 12 min blip :) no performance but its a step there :).

I'm looking forward to seeing her on Chatty Man. :) I'm hoping that he is just allowed to interview her without too much management interference.
  • cashloot147cashloot147 Posts: 609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have they confirmed this weeks' performances on X Factor results show? Just wondering whether they might have her performing as a surprise? Probably wishful thinking.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i dont think Britney will perform until the weekend before the album release...ideally i would love her to do a live performance blitz...it seems like she isnt performing yet on purpose...so on the week leading up and album release week she will perform and hint at the visuals for the album.era....i just hope they arent visuals like the Vegas posters :/ which i am not a fan of either.

i dont watch X Factor but i will check it on You Tube :). i rememebr seeing it when she eprformed in 2008 however...while i didnt like Womanizer it did feel like a real event...and i remember the hysteria about it...nice to see her in the UK media again :)
  • cashloot147cashloot147 Posts: 609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did anyone catch Britney on Radio 1 this morning? I really loved it, she was so animated. I am no Grimmy fan but he did a good job at making her feel comfortable.

She called this album her baby, she seems so proud of it. I really think this will be a big era for her!!

If you didn't get a chance to catch it this morning .... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvWbjJBDtZ4
    Forum Member
    ^ thanks for the link. listening to it now :)
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    mimicole wrote: »
    I would love to hear what "Original Doll" would have sounded like. There was a little hint at it in the video for "Do Something".

I guess that the demos online is the closest that we will get to hearing "Original Doll" in full.

I have quite a few of Britney's unreleased songs and some of them are rumoured to be from Original Doll. I got them from a place IT Law lecturers don't approve of ;) Just Google "britney spears original doll" and you'll find more info :cool: Mona Lisa is another song that was rumoured to be from that album. You'll find it on Youtube.
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have quite a few of Britney's unreleased songs and some of them are rumoured to be from Original Doll. I got them from a place IT Law lecturers don't approve of ;) Just Google "britney spears original doll" and you'll find more info :cool: Mona Lisa is another song that was rumoured to be from that album. You'll find it on Youtube.

Mona Lisa was supposed to be the lead she premiered it on Ryan Seacrest and online before it somehow dissappeared and the project was shut down :o

Still hate the title though :p Enjoyed her on Grimmy this morning she was so animated and fun just hope she continues to promote over her i still want her to get a #1 album come on :p
    Forum Member

There's a video on Youtube with a rumoured track listing for Original Doll. I need to look into downloading the album.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do wonder if in 2015 we may have her do a B-sides album/Original Doll official release as i dont think we will have new material from Britney for a WHILE after BJs release...so would tide everything over :) i mean we know some of the material but would be great to have the official material for it fully and mastered :)
  • LMLM Posts: 63,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Original Doll was put on hold when she became pregnant but then it was scrapped all together and we got Blackout. I hear apparently it was due to the Label scrapping it. Not sure.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Britney is on This Morning show ,on Monday
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do wonder if in 2015 we may have her do a B-sides album/Original Doll official release as i dont think we will have new material from Britney for a WHILE after BJs release...so would tide everything over :) i mean we know some of the material but would be great to have the official material for it fully and mastered :)

I don't think OD will ever get released as apparently Jive was not happy with the material at all. Britney even said herself that the album was so personal and was was singing about things she was going through at the time. Of course when she premiered a demo of Mona Lisa randomly on a radio show, the rumours went crazy and I think the label just cut off the project.

It's a shame, as I really want to hear Rebellion in full. There's a video of Britney playing the Original Doll demos in her car, State Of Grace is one of the tracks she plays, then the start of Rebellion can be heard before she speeds off. If anything can be said, that album is very mysterious.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    VERY mysterious album is an understatement...it is a shame that we may never hear it...remember seeing that clip a whiile back..i mean they obviously have access to it.

And i do live in hope with her changing labels after this album/Vegas that she will see to it it gets a release...i mean Jive must surely think that money will be no problem?? die hards will want it in their lives for completeist sake..and by what i have heard it sounds like a beautiful sequel to ITZ in so many ways...i rememebr critics saying In The Zone was like ehr own "True Blue/Control" moment...what if original Doll could have been her "Like a Prayer/Rhythm Nation" style moment of personal and creative freedom/showcase n music?? :/ and we may never hear it.
    Forum Member
    mimicole wrote: »
    There's a video on Youtube with a rumoured track listing for Original Doll. I need to look into downloading the album.

You won't be able to buy it, you'll probably find it on a website IT Law lecturers don't approve of ;) Just be careful1
    Zack06 wrote: »
    It's a shame, as I really want to hear Rebellion in full. There's a video of Britney playing the Original Doll demos in her car, State Of Grace is one of the tracks she plays, then the start of Rebellion can be heard before she speeds off. If anything can be said, that album is very mysterious.

I have State of Grace. It's not a bad song. I read somewhere that it was intended for Blackout, but I don't think it would have fitted onto that album. Not sure why the full version of Rebellion never leaked.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    VERY mysterious album is an understatement...it is a shame that we may never hear it...remember seeing that clip a whiile back..i mean they obviously have access to it.

And i do live in hope with her changing labels after this album/Vegas that she will see to it it gets a release...i mean Jive must surely think that money will be no problem?? die hards will want it in their lives for completeist sake..and by what i have heard it sounds like a beautiful sequel to ITZ in so many ways...i rememebr critics saying In The Zone was like ehr own "True Blue/Control" moment...what if original Doll could have been her "Like a Prayer/Rhythm Nation" style moment of personal and creative freedom/showcase n music?? :/ and we may never hear it.

I'm pretty sure that Original Doll would have been her "moment" as an album had it been released. There was something off about the way Jive cancelled the album. They said it was because she was pregnant, but I'm not really convinced.

There were a lot of rumours at the time that Jive wasn't happy with the content of Original Doll. If you listen to Mona Lisa and Rebellion there are definitely hidden meanings behind them, perhaps Jive just wasn't prepared to let such revealing and personal songs get out there. That's the reason why I think that this album may remain in the vaults forever. I have a snippet of a later version of Rebellion, and apparently the full version is out there somewhere, but it remains unleaked.

Britney clearly had something to say on that album, but somebody didn't want it to get out. It was very weird how she premiered Mona Lisa seemingly without the label's permission. Maybe one day we will discover the whole story.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have State of Grace. It's not a bad song. I read somewhere that it was intended for Blackout, but I don't think it would have fitted onto that album. Not sure why the full version of Rebellion never leaked.

I think only State Of Grace and Break The Ice were from OD, though I may be wrong on that. Britney's site posted a tentative tracklist and snippet of Rebellion before everything was deleted without any trace left, so the album was almost certainly in the final stages, if not completed.
  • DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
    Forum Member
    I wonder how long she intends to take a break for after vegas is wrapped up? Maybe 2 years is my guess with that i mean with no recording whatsoever but Britney does seem to record songs even when its not going to an album and she has said in the past she could never stop making music.

Im looking forward to the Britney Jean era it may not have the strong promotion but cause it is so personal i think its going to be her best since Blackout and im happy with that.
  • umr3000umr3000 Posts: 1,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm really pumped to listen Britney Jean, I have real high expectations especially as this has been touted as her most personal album ever. Also I'm really excited to see what producers such as William Orbit, Danja and Naughty Boy have come up with, I hope something really fresh and innovative.

Do you think Britney will be back in the UK this year before the album to release to promote a little more? I'm definitely hoping so, because she really needs to do some performances.
  • DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
    Forum Member
    umr3000 wrote: »
    I'm really pumped to listen Britney Jean, I have real high expectations especially as this has been touted as her most personal album ever. Also I'm really excited to see what producers such as William Orbit, Danja and Naughty Boy have come up with, I hope something really fresh and innovative.

Do you think Britney will be back in the UK this year before the album to release to promote a little more? I'm definitely hoping so, because she really needs to do some performances.

Well i think her Contract with Planet Hollywood stops her from performing anywhere else but im not sure if thats just the U.S/Canada but surely her team would of got her loop hole so she can promote the album upon release cause this is business.

I mean she starts on the 27th December she could promote a week before the album release and on the week of release come back to the UK to perform on a few shows then head back take a small break then get ready for vegas. But this is Britney's team we are talking about i think her team will be relying on the hype of Vegas and her name to sell the album :(

Im hoping even if she dont promote over here the xmas sales boost her album sales here they have to be better then Femme Fatale.
  • umr3000umr3000 Posts: 1,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DEADLY_17 wrote: »
    Well i think her Contract with Planet Hollywood stops her from performing anywhere else but im not sure if thats just the U.S/Canada but surely her team would of got her loop hole so she can promote the album upon release cause this is business.

I mean she starts on the 27th December she could promote a week before the album release and on the week of release come back to the UK to perform on a few shows then head back take a small break then get ready for vegas. But this is Britney's team we are talking about i think her team will be relying on the hype of Vegas and her name to sell the album :(

Contractually due to her Las Vegas residency Britney is NOT allowed to perform in North America, however she is free to perform anywhere else.

RUMOUR: According to some reports today, Britney is due to perform on The X Factor in the coming weeks. I hope this is true as it would mean Britney being back in the UK and further promoting her new album Britney Jean, also we are long overdue a televised performance by the singer.
    Forum Member
    Zack06 wrote: »
    I think only State Of Grace and Break The Ice were from OD, though I may be wrong on that. Britney's site posted a tentative tracklist and snippet of Rebellion before everything was deleted without any trace left, so the album was almost certainly in the final stages, if not completed.

I thought Break The Ice was from Blackout as that's the album it ended up on? Remember it was released as a single as well.
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought Break The Ice was from Blackout as that's the album it ended up on? Remember it was released as a single as well.

I think zack06 means that Break the Ice was originally intended for OD but Britney decided to put it on Blackout instead.
    But I've never heard that so I'm not sure tbh.
    Forum Member
    AdzPower wrote: »
    I think zack06 means that Break the Ice was originally intended for OD but Britney decided to put it on Blackout instead.
    But I've never heard that so I'm not sure tbh.

Ah right. I wonder if Original Doll had been released would we ever have got Blackout or would Circus have been released after OD?
  • LMLM Posts: 63,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah right. I wonder if Original Doll had been released would we ever have got Blackout or would Circus have been released after OD?

I don't think we would of got Circus after Original Doll if things had been different. Circus was pretty much the label's way of quickly getting an album out after the poor sales of Blackout. Imo, Circus sounds very rushed and at times a very all over the place album.