Joan Rivers in critical condition after she stops breathing during surgery.

124»

Comments

• barrowgirlbarrowgirl Posts: 1,944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I read she is in a medically induced coma and they won't know how she is until they bring her round .As usual , the press have varying accounts of what is happening .

Some of her humour is a bit hard to take but I wouldn't wish her ill .Her daughter immediately asked people to pray ,seems the right thing to do for an old lady in a bad way .
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love Joan - one of the funniest women in history.

Yes, her Palestine comments were vile. But I hope she survives - not least of which because I've bought tickets for her tour in October - selfish old bag:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 384
    Forum Member
    aww love Joan,have always liked her.Hope she's strong enough to pull through,bless her xxxx
  • dodradedodrade Posts: 23,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love Joan - one of the funniest women in history.

Yes, her Palestine comments were vile. But I hope she survives - not least of which because I've bought tickets for her tour in October - selfish old bag:D

I doubt you'll be seeing her then even if she pulls through.
  • HildaonplutoHildaonpluto Posts: 37,697
    Forum Member
    Apparently according to numerous news sources their going to wake Joan from her inducded coma today and observe her abilities,potential for recovery etc before any decision is made.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Papers are saying when she awaks she'll either be in a wheelchair for life or be a "vegetable" (quite terrible way to put it).
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,792
    Forum Member
  • dizziedizzie Posts: 4,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shadow2009 wrote: »
    Papers are saying when she awaks she'll either be in a wheelchair for life or be a "vegetable" (quite terrible way to put it).
    I've read that it's more serious than that, and they aren't sure if she can breathe independently. In that situation, turning off life support will be a decision the family has to make. Of course, it's all rumours, but just because they're saying she's out of intensive care doesn't mean she's off life support measures. She can have full life support measures, but just not be in ICU, because her status is 'stable' - i.e. unchanging. The fact that the latest reports talk about the fact they've tested for brain death - but found 'some' function - tells me that she may never breathe independently again. So the maintaining her on life support is, I'm afraid, more indicative of the law suit the clinic will undoubtedly face, because she will be being subjected to a barrage of tests to establish just how severe the initial collapse was before her status is changed. She didn't die on the operating table, but that's just a technicality at this point. Joan is the kind of person, I would think, who wouldn't want to be existing a 'life' where she has no independent movement or even thoughts. For all her faults, she was a hugely vibrant, active woman, who never slowed her life down as she aged. It's very sad.
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agree, dizzie. I can't imagine Joan being incapacitated, not having the ability to speak or move independently and be happy with it. Coming through any health event in your 80s is a tough call, let alone anything like this.
  • benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She has died. Feisty woman. Very funny in her day.
  • MarkrenMarkren Posts: 961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dead.
  • notfussynotfussy Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just got sky news ping http://pix11.com
  • Kenny MacleanKenny Maclean Posts: 1,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sadly, apparently she has lost her fight.

R.I.P. X
  • benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sadly, apparently she has lost her fight.

R.I.P. X

I think they removed her from the life support system yesterday.
  • SupportSupport Posts: 70,784
    Administrator
    Please continue the discussion here: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2006355
This discussion has been closed.