The Leon Jackson Appreciation Thread (Part 14)

Comments

• thmsthms Posts: 61,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paparazzo wrote: »
    Thank you for the warm welcome. :)

I really liked his old material but this is so much better, is this wrote by himself?

money is cover version of a song by matt morris

this video has clips of new songs by leon..

http://www.youtube.com/user/LeonJacksonTV?blend=1&ob=5#p/c/8C310F7E6AF03428/3/HtJKkRL9A8g

forgot to add.. yorkielass is without a doubt the best source for info on leon.. she is his #1 fan.. ;) i've been over on the eurovison forum for weeks now.. but hopefully with eurovision over until the nation finals start up in january 2012, i can spend more time on here.. :D
  • yorkielassyorkielass Posts: 2,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why thank you for that thms :D I like to think I keep the LJAT in touch with what is happening with Leon out there. :)

It will be good to have some company on here for a change. :)
    I'm glad we don't enter into discussions on the main pages anymore. It's so nasty out there.:( There's plenty of love and appreciation for Leon on his sites and his fans are building up nicely. Re-educating is a slow process but he is getting there. :D

Welcome Paparazzo :)
  • PaparazzoPaparazzo Posts: 6,155
    Forum Member
    Thank you. :)
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,643
    Forum Member
    yorkielass wrote: »
    Why thank you for that thms :D I like to think I keep the LJAT in touch with what is happening with Leon out there. :)

It will be good to have some company on here for a change. :)
    I'm glad we don't enter into discussions on the main pages anymore. It's so nasty out there.:( There's plenty of love and appreciation for Leon on his sites and his fans are building up nicely. Re-educating is a slow process but he is getting there. :D

Welcome Paparazzo :)
    And I for one appreciate it. I may not post much but I do check this thread out pretty much every day.
    Forum Member
    lulu g wrote: »
    And I for one appreciate it. I may not post much but I do check this thread out pretty much every day.

Whenever I'm on I check to see if it's been posted in.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lulu g wrote: »

I know you do :)...as do many others do. Just miss the chats we used to have on here is all. :)

I try my best to come on here as often as I can but since Leon has had twitter, and with his new official site and his facebook being where all the action is I don't have much time to come on here myself. I'll always post snippets on here though to keep you up to date on where Leon is at.

Leon seems to be spreading himself far and wide. He is setting himself up on all sorts of sites, which hopefully means he is preparing the ground ready for his album release. :eek: I seriously can't wait for this album. If his songs are anything like the fantastic covers he has been choosing to sing it's going to be a killer of an album. :cool: :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know you do :)...as do many others do. Just miss the chats we used to have on here is all. :)

I try my best to come on here as often as I can but since Leon has had twitter, and with his new official site and his facebook being where all the action is I don't have much time to come on here myself. I'll always post snippets on here though to keep you up to date on where Leon is at.

Leon seems to be spreading himself far and wide. He is setting himself up on all sorts of sites, which hopefully means he is preparing the ground ready for his album release. :eek: I seriously can't wait for this album. If his songs are anything like the fantastic covers he has been choosing to sing it's going to be a killer of an album. :cool: :D

hi yorkielass, i hope it's soon.. i looked for clues in wikipedia.. i saw one in the entry for his the right now album.. when i scrolled down to albums it showed two.. right now and different lives!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right_Now_(Leon_Jackson_album)

i then clicked on different lives and it took me to leon's wikipedia entry..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Different_Lives

which had this to say on the new album

In 2010, Jackson had confirmed that he had began writing and recording new material for a second album in L.A, United States, with songwriters who have worked with James Morrison and James Blunt in the past. He also confirmed that Jackson would move away from the jazz sound of his Right Now debut to a more acoustic sound. Jackson's second album is due for a 2011/2012 release, and is speculated to be titled Different Lives.

whether it is 2011 or 2012 i'm sure it will be a cracker..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi thms

Don't take any notice of the information on Wiki, particularly about the album. As far as we are aware Leon hasn't confirmed anything. He has already said we should not take any notice of the information on wiki as it is inaccurate. He said when the time comes we will be the first to know. :)

Just to clarify, when Leon went to LA he co-wrote 2 songs, one with Ernie Halter (The Other Side) and 1 with Tony Lucca (Ode To Isabel). The other 3 originals Wounded By Love, Never Left The Ground and See It Through Your Eyes were co-written with a small record producing company just outside London.

After the right Now tour in 2009 Leon told us he had started doing some songwriting with James Morrison's songwriters and was enjoying the process. We don't know how many he has co-written with them but we have yet to hear any of them. Perhaps they have been put on one side for possible album tracks...I don't know? Also, Leon has stated quite recently in several interviews that he has built up a robust collection of original songs, some of which may possibly go onto an album, but he is still penning tunes to add to the collection. In other words...this is going to be an album of original material.

Hope this helps :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi all.....just popping in to echo the buzz about Leon's gigging news and suchlike. Welcome to new people, as as always, much appreciation for yorkielass! :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aww thanks Zip :)

Rumour has it that some Scottish gigs are going to be announced so hopefully we will get to see each other soonish. :D (if I can afford it that is as I am a lady of leisure at the moment :( )
    Forum Member
    The first time I have been jealous of a Scot! :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paparazzo wrote: »
    The first time I have been jealous of a Scot! :p

I'm actually from Yorkshire, but I never miss the opportunity to see Leon on his home ground. He always gets a tremendous reception and it's great to be part of it. Very special indeed. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow! What a day it was on Saturday.:D

Leon's new songs are wonderful. So different from the others which he co-wrote. A sort of folk meets soul vibe to them. If he can keep writing stuff like that he is going to make a fantastic songwriter. :D I love them already. He sounded amazing and was on the stage completely on his very own for the first time.

Can't post any videos at the mo I'm afraid but in the meantime I think there will be a few snippets of phone videos appearing on youtube coz I noticed some of the young ones videoing. :) If I spot any I'll make sure you get to see you all get to see them. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Leon's new songs are wonderful. So different from the others which he co-wrote. A sort of folk meets soul vibe to them. If he can keep writing stuff like that he is going to make a fantastic songwriter. :D I love them already. He sounded amazing and was on the stage completely on his very own for the first time.

Can't post any videos at the mo I'm afraid but in the meantime I think there will be a few snippets of phone videos appearing on youtube coz I noticed some of the young ones videoing. :) If I spot any I'll make sure you get to see you all get to see them. :D

hello yorkielass.. i can feel your excitement.. :D the little snippets in the previous links sounded great to my ears..
    Forum Member

Sounds great, YL. Thanks again for keeping us up to date!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My pleasure lulu g :)

Yo thms :)
    I can't believe there are aren't any clips up yet on YT. Hopefully I will be able to put mine up soon. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi there

Thought you guys might want to listen to a recording of Leon singing Whisper (Ernie Halter cover) which he sang at the private meet and greets in Glasgow and Birmingham.

Hearing it live was amazing. This is a phone recording from Birmingham so the sound isn't that good but he still sounds great :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bca8QbH0ztE
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hello yorkielass thanks for the link.. it sounds great to me! :D
    Forum Member
    Hi there

Thought you guys might want to listen to a recording of Leon singing Whisper (Ernie Halter cover) which he sang at the private meet and greets in Glasgow and Birmingham.

Hearing it live was amazing. This is a phone recording from Birmingham so the sound isn't that good but he still sounds great :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bca8QbH0ztE
    Thanks, YL! That was great.
    Forum Member
    Bootiful.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of to see Leon again tomorrow at Northampton. :eek::cool::D

He'll probably sing the same songs but I don't care. I just love watching him live. :D:D:D
    Forum Member
    Of to see Leon again tomorrow at Northampton. :eek::cool::D

He'll probably sing the same songs but I don't care. I just love watching him live. :D:D:D
    Have a great time!
  • fiftieschildfiftieschild Posts: 393
    Forum Member
    Best Luck to Leon today playing Live at Northampton
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks lulu g and fifties child. :) Never got back on here after my last post so only just seen your messages.

Leon was great. He altered the songs a bit and tbh I preferred them as he sang them at Stourbridge but they were still fab nonetheless. :D

emmag has put some videos up of Saturday on youtube. The film quality isn't the best as they are from a phone. They are a bit shaky but it was very windy. At least you will all be able to hear the new songs. :D The last one hasn't been put on there yet

3 of the new songs
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6NmTJvx7xs
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XQQZaAXZMU
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceTCg52T_cw

Cover
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ek6d2lO2LM
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hello yorkielass thanks for the links.. :D

there is also a duet of hallelujah with sean rumsey

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvhqJz_744w