Conspiracy theories you buy

1232425262729»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sand witch wrote: »
    The thing that always gets me about the 9/11 conspiracy theorists is that they never seem to stop to consider how crazy it is to believe that whomever within the US establishment they believe did it and Osama Bin Laden would conspire to commit such an act or lie to the public about who did it. If it was a genuine inside job, why on earth would Osama Bin Laden later appear in an AQ propaganda video admitting, as he did, that his group planned the whole thing?

haha, exactly.

Wouldn't it have been better for the "terrorists" to say
    "it was the Americans, we never did anything etc." pretty sure this would do them alot more favours than claiming it to be them.
  • Options
    swindonvillageswindonvillage Posts: 745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is one I believe. But we are banned from posting about it on this forum ! ....
  • Options
    amelia_leeamelia_lee Posts: 11,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is one I believe. But we are banned from posting about it on this forum ! ....

What one is that then? Why are we not allowed to discuss it?:confused:
  • Options
    mcg3mcg3 Posts: 11,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    amelia_lee wrote: »

MM because it stirs many emotions about what people think happened.

And libel laws ;-)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    amelia_lee wrote: »

A certain missing person case that attracts some crazy theories from crazy posters.
  • Options
    amelia_leeamelia_lee Posts: 11,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mcg3 wrote: »
    MM because it stirs many emotions about what people think happened.

And libel laws ;-)

Oh really? Thanks I didn't know. I should have guessed though.
  • Options
    allafixallafix Posts: 20,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bri160356 wrote: »
    I’ve always been extremely sceptical of people who seem quite proud to call themselves ‘conspiracy theorist’; however I recently became a convert myself !

I came to firmly believe that Paul McCartney died in a car crash and was indeed replaced in the Beatles, based on this thoroughly convincing evidence.

In the gate-fold sleeve of the Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band album there is a large photo of the ‘replacement’ Paul.

In the photo ‘replacement’ Paul is wearing a blue jacket with a prominent sewn-on badge that has the cryptic letters “O.P.D.”, .....which means “Officially Pronounced Dead.”

In an article in Life magazine, John Neary reported that this phrase is the equivalent of the American phrase “Dead On Arrival” in British police jargon. :o

In the same Life magazine article Paul (or , in truth, the ‘replacement’ Paul ) stated, “It is all bloody stupid. I picked up the O.P.D. badge in Canada. It was a police badge. Perhaps it means Ontario Police Department or something.”

However, the ‘replacement’ Paul had clearly made a school-boy error with his thoroughly ludicrous explanation!......... because there is no such thing is the Ontario Police Department!...... Ha-ha.....what more proof does one need!!!

Unfortunately, my new found elevation to the rank of ‘conspiracy theorist’ was short-lived. :cry:

The badge Paul McCartney was wearing actually reads “O.P.P.”, ..... it is indeed a genuine Police Badge !......which stands for ‘Ontario Provincial Police’.

The angle of the photograph makes the final “P” look like a “D”....................damn it! >:(
    You could have saved yourself some time and anguish by questioning the nonsense about "Officially Pronounced Dead" being UK police jargon for "Dead On Arrival". Two phrases which don't even mean the same thing, one of which is made up for the purposes of the theory. "Pronounced Dead at the Scene" possibly, but that is the wrong letters.

Conspiracy theories are often littered with such fake facts, confidently asserted and widely believed. The fake fact of course conveniently supports the theory.
  • Options
    allafixallafix Posts: 20,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is the frustrating part of the JFK-Oswald thing .
    One would think the official record of Oswald's army career would include IRREFUTABLE factual evidence of his prowess as a rifleman.

But no, some sources say he was sniper quality, others say he was a poor shot.
    I still don't know.
    Oswald wasn't that far away and the car was moving slowly, more or less directly away from him. So the shot wasn't that difficult. If you have ever visited the Sixth Floor Museum and Dealey Plaza you'll know it's a fairly confined area. A USMC Marksman, such as Oswald, though the lowest grade given a ranking, is still an accurate shot by any standards.
  • Options
    An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,854
    Forum Member
    I’ve always been extremely sceptical of people who seem quite proud to call themselves ‘conspiracy theorist’; however I recently became a convert myself !

I came to firmly believe that Paul McCartney died in a car crash and [B]was indeed replaced in the Beatles,[/B] based on this thoroughly convincing evidence.

In the gate-fold sleeve of the Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band album there is a large photo of the ‘replacement’ Paul.

In the photo ‘replacement’ Paul is wearing a blue jacket with a prominent sewn-on badge that has the cryptic letters “O.P.D.”, .....which means “Officially Pronounced Dead.”

In an article in Life magazine, John Neary reported that this phrase is the equivalent of the American phrase “Dead On Arrival” in British police jargon. :o

In the same Life magazine article Paul (or , in truth, the ‘replacement’ Paul ) stated, “It is all bloody stupid. I picked up the O.P.D. badge in Canada. It was a police badge. Perhaps it means Ontario Police Department or something.”

However, the ‘replacement’ Paul had clearly made a school-boy error with his thoroughly ludicrous explanation!......... because there is no such thing is the Ontario Police Department!...... Ha-ha.....what more proof does one need!!!

Unfortunately, my new found elevation to the rank of ‘conspiracy theorist’ was short-lived. :cry:

The badge Paul McCartney was wearing actually reads “O.P.P.”, ..... it is indeed a genuine Police Badge !......which stands for ‘Ontario Provincial Police’.

The angle of the photograph makes the final “P” look like a “D”....................damn it! >:(

That would certainly make sense of THAT rendition of Hey Jude at the Olympic Opening Ceremony. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A certain missing person case that attracts some crazy theories from crazy posters.

That's the only one for me as well. The rest are just shite.
  • Options
    bri160356bri160356 Posts: 5,147
    Forum Member
    allafix wrote: »
    You could have saved yourself some time and anguish by questioning the nonsense about "Officially Pronounced Dead" being UK police jargon for "Dead On Arrival". Two phrases which don't even mean the same thing, one of which is made up for the purposes of the theory. "Pronounced Dead at the Scene" possibly, but that is the wrong letters.

Conspiracy theories are often littered with such fake facts, confidently asserted and widely believed. The fake fact of course conveniently supports the theory.

That’s very easy for you to say, but my lifelong hopes and dreams of becoming a fully fledged Conspiracy Theorist, along with all the kudos and elevated intellectual status it bestows, were well and truly shattered when I found out the ‘McCartney Replacement’ theory was nothing more than total bollocks. >:(

I’m still hoping to become a ‘Conspiracy Theorist’ but I’m struggling to find a ‘Conspiracy Theory’ that I actually believe;

....... can you recommend any?........I’m beginning to despair a little now. :cry:
  • Options
    coughthecatcoughthecat Posts: 6,876
    Forum Member
    That’s very easy for you to say, but my lifelong hopes and dreams of becoming a fully fledged Conspiracy Theorist, along with all the kudos and elevated intellectual status it bestows, were well and truly shattered when I found out the ‘McCartney Replacement’ theory was nothing more than total bollocks. >:(

I’m still hoping to become a ‘Conspiracy Theorist’ but I’m struggling to find a ‘Conspiracy Theory’ that I actually believe;

....... can you recommend any?........I’m beginning to despair a little now. :cry:

Just make yourself a tin-foil hat and "the truth" about everything will become clear! :D