Options

The Tennis Thread (Part 29)

Comments

• Options
    ustarionustarion Posts: 20,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I genuinely think that Kyrgios would not have made those comments had he known they would have been picked up by the microphone.
  • Options
    BBTweetsBBTweets Posts: 12,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How do most of you watch your tennis? i.e. have a match on the tv, one on the computer and all the while keeping track of live scoreboards or do you tend to stick to one match? Personally, I struggle to keep track of more than one match - more so if it's on the Beeb because their red button takes forever to load.
  • Options
    Jewels501Jewels501 Posts: 26,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting that Annabel Croft has taken over presenting duties on Sky. Booing again for Kyrgios.

I thin Marcus will be back later in the week. He often doesn't start the week for the Masters Series. I recall a couple of NotMarcuses' over the years who were rubbish. Yes Dan Lobb that includes you.
  • Options
    GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BBTweets wrote: »
    How do most of you watch your tennis? i.e. have a match on the tv, one on the computer and all the while keeping track of live scoreboards or do you tend to stick to one match? Personally, I struggle to keep track of more than one match - more so if it's on the Beeb because their red button takes forever to load.

I'm with you, unless there's two or three big matches, I will tend to just concentrate on obe, and keep up with the live scorecard, I can't really hack watching two matches, I might have one on the puter in a tab, but only go to it when it's entering a crucial time.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ustarion wrote: »
    I genuinely think that Kyrgios would not have made those comments had he known they would have been picked up by the microphone.

I don't think he gives a flying fudged shot whether anyone hears him or not. He reminds me so much of Jonah Takalua from Summer Heights High.
  • Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jewels501 wrote: »
    I thin Marcus will be back later in the week. He often doesn't start the week for the Masters Series. I recall a couple of NotMarcuses' over the years who were rubbish. Yes Dan Lobb that includes you.

Oh really? First time I've not seen him presenting. Thought Annabel Croft had been given his job or something. Coric is a very powerful player for such a young guy.
  • Options
    smudesmude Posts: 17,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BBTweets wrote: »
    R
    During Wimbledon it was possible to get red button on Sky 981, 2, 3. This was easier than red button.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pretty poor performance from Kyrgios. Not sure with a guy like him if he's genuinely injured or just looking for sympathy to get the crowd back on his side. Oh no don't tell me Richie is gonna throw this away leading 5-1. :D
  • Options
    JaccobabeJaccobabe Posts: 27,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Must say Im happy to see NK lose this one. Yay!!!!

I might even cheer for Nadal if they meet :=O (No, I wont do that. But *almost*)
  • Options
    CGG_12CGG_12 Posts: 7,483
    Forum Member
    vidalia wrote: »
    I don't think he gives a flying fudged shot whether anyone hears him or not. He reminds me so much of Jonah Takalua from Summer Heights High.

Bahahhaha that is brilliant :D:D:D

So true!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jaccobabe wrote: »
    Must say Im happy to see NK lose this one. Yay!!!!

I might even cheer for Nadal if they meet :=O (No, I wont do that. But *almost*)

I am Rafa and I disapprove this message. :p
  • Options
    smudesmude Posts: 17,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sloane looks to have got her act together. She is very talented.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is the Cincinnati womens tournament in a different venue?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    They seriously don't know what the word behemoth means? :o
  • Options
    tamibecketttamibeckett Posts: 5,261
    Forum Member
    Looks like in this picture, Cincy fans would rather watch Kyrgios than Sloane Stephens in the bigger court:

https://twitter.com/BenRothenberg/status/633661358370914305/photo/1

Guess he's a bigger star now :confused:.
  • Options
    GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks like in this picture, Cincy fans would rather watch Kyrgios than Sloane Stephens in the bigger court:

https://twitter.com/BenRothenberg/status/633661358370914305/photo/1

Guess he's a bigger star now :confused:.

For 5 minutes he is, to quote Cantona "when the seagulls follow the trawler..."

Not an huge amount of people watching this Coric/Zverev match which is a shame really.
  • Options
    CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    smude wrote: »
    Sloane looks to have got her act together. She is very talented.

Wining a title at last will hopefully allow her to reach her full potential.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is the Cincinnati womens tournament in a different venue?

No, combined event:

http://www.wsopen.com/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    CLL Dodge wrote: »
    No, combined event:

http://www.wsopen.com/

Strange that Sky is only showing the mens matches.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good win for Coric. Not amazing quality tennis but great to see 2 young future champs in that making.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Sky have a contract with the ATP, BT with the WTA.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    CLL Dodge wrote: »
    Sky have a contract with the ATP, BT with the WTA.

Nuisance.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    A lot of injured players out there.
  • Options
    amelia_leeamelia_lee Posts: 11,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Been that way for a few years now I think.
  • Options
    planetsplanets Posts: 47,784
    Forum Member
    I am Rafa and I disapprove this message. :p

i am Rafa and i approve of this message...
    For 5 minutes he is, to quote Cantona "when the seagulls follow the trawler..."

I am a sardine and i approve of this message too.....god i love cantona....:blush::blush: now more than ever :blush::blush:

Can't say i'm disappointed Richard beat NK.....
This discussion has been closed.