Sack Kay Burley?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 38
    Forum Member
    She was just awful, she must like the sound of her own voice. If i was that young lad i'd have simply walked away.....stupid women!
  • BRMBBRMB Posts: 3,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well anyone who can ask a serial killer's wife "Do you think if you'd had a better sex life he wouldn't have done this?" is not deserving of the job title of journalist in my opinion.
  • deev1ne0nedeev1ne0ne Posts: 2,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PAC2007 wrote: »
    She was just awful, she must like the sound of her own voice.

Yeah, nails on a blackboard with a face like a dog licking piss off a nettle.
  • JillyJilly Posts: 20,455
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cannot stand her I would of thought the only person to love Kay Burley would be herself.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any evidence or just spurious comments with no backing whatsoever?

I can confirm that Kay Burley is a Labour supporter . . . . . Unlike the other Kay Burley that works for Sky News :p
  • domedome Posts: 55,878
    Forum Member
    BRMB wrote: »
    Well anyone who can ask a serial killer's wife "Do you think if you'd had a better sex life he wouldn't have done this?" is not deserving of the job title of journalist in my opinion.

It is possible, that it could have been a question many had been asking though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw this live and I did think, ' what an idiot '. What was she trying to do? The guy should've just said, ' I'm exercising my rights and you have a problem with that?' She just sounded completely unprofessional,pathetic and just a little bit ignorant the rights of every man,woman and child in this country. I think she's spent too much time in the middle east. I think I even said out loud at the time. 'Stop trying to be Paxman'.
  • tysonstormtysonstorm Posts: 24,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why do people insist on watching Sky News then complain about the lack of impartiality or unprofessional journalism?

I can't stand BBC News so you know what? I don't watch it. I detest the Daily Heil, so guess what? I don't read it. Easy, isn't it.

This is far more deep rooted than Kay Burley though, admit it. It's about Sky, it's about Murdoch, it's about the Tories and more importantly it's about the Political Left despising the Political Right.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 38
    Forum Member
    deev1ne0ne wrote: »
    Yeah, nails on a blackboard with a face like a dog licking piss off a nettle.

Quoted for the truth! :p
  • jswift909jswift909 Posts: 11,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jilly wrote: »
    I cannot stand her I would of thought the only person to love Kay Burley would be herself.

Oh Jilly. I had to laugh. You hit the nail on the head. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tysonstorm wrote: »
    Why do people insist on watching Sky News then complain about the lack of impartiality or unprofessional journalism?

I can't stand BBC News so you know what? I don't watch it. I detest the Daily Heil, so guess what? I don't read it. Easy, isn't it.

This is far more deep rooted than Kay Burley though, admit it. It's about Sky, it's about Murdoch, it's about the Tories and more importantly it's about the Political Left despising the Political Right.

So why aren't cries of 'Sack Eamonn Holmes' or 'Sack Adam Boulton' doing the rounds then? It's more about her being a disgrace to journalism than political leanings.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dome wrote: »

Then they are cretins also. Do they seriously think that people go on killing sprees because they're not getting enough from the missus?

Burley is basically putting part of the blame on to the wife, she's suggesting that if the wife had perhaps worn sexier knickers he wouldn't have murdered anyone.

Like I said, cretins.
  • cleocleo Posts: 4,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Seriously :eek::eek:

Are they people out in the world who believe that if you don't keep your husband happy in bed then he's likely to go out killing people?

If it's not the mother getting the blame then it must be the wife :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Adam Boulton should be sacked too. Twice on the Election night he tried bullying two members of government into saying that Sky News was operating outside of the guidelines for reporting news.
  • domedome Posts: 55,878
    Forum Member
    cleo wrote: »
    Seriously :eek::eek:

Are they people out in the world who believe that if you don't keep your husband happy in bed then he's likely to go out killing people?

If it's not the mother getting the blame then it must be the wife :confused:

There are plenty of psychologists and therapists that do.

I think it's a load of bull personally.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are plenty of psychologists and therapists that do.

Really? Do you have a list, or link to a list so that I can go and ridicule them too?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw her talking about the people should go home and I dont think there was a problem, she was exposing the fact that they actully didn't understand what they were protesting for.

I thought it was reasonable what she was saying, the man was saying that people came to protest to have a choice and she pointed out that they did, we had a general election for a choice. Why is she not allowed to question hipocracy? I was thinking the same as what she was saying
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mseven* wrote: »
    I saw her talking about the people should go home and I dont think there was a problem, she was exposing the fact that they actully didn't understand what they were protesting for.

I thought it was reasonable what she was saying, the man was saying that people came to protest to have a choice and she pointed out that they did, we had a general election for a choice. Why is she not allowed to question hipocracy? I was thinking the same as what she was saying

It is not her role as a journalist to shout at protestors and tell them to 'go home'. It is her role as a journalist to report the news in as balanced and fair a manner as possible.
  • jswift909jswift909 Posts: 11,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is not her role as a journalist to shout at protestors and tell them to 'go home'. It is her role as a journalist to report the news in as balanced and fair a manner as possible.

Perhaps she thinks it the KBBC - Kay Burley Broadcasting Corporation :eek:

Possibly, Murdock didn't give her a job description, so she's making it up in her head. The way she behaves is quite frightening.

I haven't been able to watch SKY for weeks now :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

+1

She was the same during the Fire Fighters strike as well If I remember.

Got an acid tongue, that one.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    having been savaged by her myself on Sky News many years ago, I'd be glad to see her go
  • guest5234guest5234 Posts: 1,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fair play to her in winding up the muppets.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    guest5234 wrote: »
    fair play to her in winding up the muppets.

Is that the role of journalists these days?
  • WokStationWokStation Posts: 23,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As I said on the other one, she's not so much a reporter as an activist.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm staggered that as a Roman Catholic she was unaware of the significance of the ash on Joe Biden's forehead. Clue to Kay, it was ash it was a Wednesday......