Unstoppable - out tomorrow

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    First saw the trailer for this movie a few weeks ago and just laughed at it. Seemed like a rubbish movie.

Watched it today and really really liked it. Highly entertaining, has a decent balance of light entertainment and drama. The odd bits which make you laugh at the how pointless they are.

The respective families of those involved, that part of the storyline seemed rather weak and even without involving them I think it still would be a good movie.

8/10 from me!
  • bordersboybordersboy Posts: 518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Saw this today - although it was enjoyable and worth watching...felt like it dragged on for a bit too long, especially the final third.

Not as good as Pelham 1-2-3 in my opinion.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 110
    Forum Member
    How does this stuff still get greenlighted? Is it the names involved or just cash? I hate to sound like a snob but the trailer told me everything I needed to know about it without actually seeing it and at the same time I feel like I've seen it a dozen times before.
  • richard craniumrichard cranium Posts: 4,388
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never seen such a concentrated TV ad campaign for a film as with this one.

It's true, they've kinda spoilt it with the extended trailer.
  • Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw it on Monday. I quite enjoyed it. The pacing was good and I was engaged from beginning to end.
  • ShaiyaShaiya Posts: 3,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't engage me at all.

Tried too hard to be this dramatic, "what the Hell are we going to do" kind of film but failed at all levels. Speed dealt with this much, much better.

And it ends with a whimper with regards to the way they stopped the train. I was expecting something explosive.
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was disappointed with this. The trailer made it look like it was all out action - crash/bang/wallop but the film wasn't like that at all. The best bits were the 'action' scenes but not enough for me, personally The film was alright but nothing particularly special. I did like the acting chops between Denzel and Chris Pine, they had good chemistry i thought. Surprised i haven't seen Pine in more films tbh.