EE- Ben should have killed Shirley

computermastercomputermaster Posts: 4,016
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Shirley's return has been a flop and there isn't much point in her sticking around. She's got no chance of taking on "King Phil" and coming out on top and putting them back in a relationship now would just be silly, after everything that's happened.

I reckon Ben should have killed her off when he had a chance and remained in the show. Ben was a character that made things happen and was almost always involved in some kind of exciting drama (unlike Shirley now) His presence elevated Phil and Jay into better characters than they are now.

Comments

• Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I completely agree with this. There is no villain of sorts on the square now they got rid of Derek too.
  • monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,845
    Forum Member
    I wanted ben to attempt to kill her. Wouldve been a better ending and wouldve made far more sense that shirl didnt turn phil in after (if it was phil who wouldve saved her)

Tbh i dont think shirls return was ever meant to be big. I think it was marely a way to bring her back. Linda has always had breaks she would be offscreen for weeks and nobody would notice. Her return wasnt like sharons in that she had previous returns to live up to. Shes just another character now and they are developing her which is enough
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really wanted them to find a way to get Shirley and Phil back together. She was such a good Mitchell.

I agree with the above poster about Ben attempting to kill Shirley but Phil rescuing her. That would of been good.
  • IzzyInTheHouseIzzyInTheHouse Posts: 4,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shirley's return has been a flop and there isn't much point in her sticking around. She's got no chance of taking on "King Phil" and coming out on top and putting them back in a relationship now would just be silly, after everything that's happened.

I reckon Ben should have killed her off when he had a chance and remained in the show. Ben was a character that made things happen and was almost always involved in some kind of exciting drama (unlike Shirley now) His presence elevated Phil and Jay into better characters than they are now.

I would have paid to watch that :D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shirley is a horrible character. Not very nice to look at and even worse to listen to. EE need to get rid of her fast.
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I said after they axed Heather that Shirley would become pointless and its exactly what has happened. Heather had more to offer out of them both. Shirley really brings nothing to the show. If anything she acted as a secondary character to Heather. Heather always had the most storylines of the two. Bit of a silly decision to get rid of her to be honest.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I said after they axed Heather that Shirley would become pointless and its exactly what has happened. Heather had more to offer out of them both. Shirley really brings nothing to the show. If anything she acted as a secondary character to Heather. Heather always had the most storylines of the two. Bit of a silly decision to get rid of her to be honest.

I would have axed them both tbh. Heather had become redundant, and reached the end of her journey.
    Forum Member

heather was only brought in to soften shirley up which has kinda been done in a way. shirley is a better and more nicer character than she was two years ago. its nice to see her smiling more
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    heather was only brought in to soften shirley up which has kinda been done in a way. shirley is a better and more nicer character than she was two years ago. its nice to see her smiling more

.. She constantly put Phil ahead of Heather, and was only on good terms with Heather when she had nothing else/no one else. That was showed when she actually left Heather with no flat and a baby to look after, in favour of Phil.
    Forum Member
    .. She constantly put Phil ahead of Heather, and was only on good terms with Heather when she had nothing else/no one else. That was showed when she actually left Heather with no flat and a baby to look after, in favour of Phil.

they were friends. heather needed to look out for herself. she shouldnt have relied on shirley so much. you dont rely on your friend for a place to live do you? heather said at the end how she wanted out of shirls guard and be her own person. it was heathers fault that she didnt pay the bills not shirls

but either way shirley is a nicer person now
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    they were friends. heather needed to look out for herself. she shouldnt have relied on shirley so much. you dont rely on your friend for a place to live do you? heather said at the end how she wanted out of shirls guard and be her own person. it was heathers fault that she didnt pay the bills not shirls

And friends don't leave you in the middle of the square, with nowhere to go and a baby.
    Forum Member
    And friends don't leave you in the middle of the square, with nowhere to go and a baby.

to be fair any one could see what a mess phil was in. only shirl could help. heather had other friends
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    to be fair any one could see what a mess phil was in. only shirl could help. heather had other friends

And? Heather had a little baby and was out on the streets.
  • doormouse1doormouse1 Posts: 5,431
    Forum Member
    It isn't worth arguing the point - this will just turn into another never-ending Shirley thread...
  • Broken_ArrowBroken_Arrow Posts: 10,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't believe how little impact Ben killing Heather has had on the show. Everyone has moved on including Shirley. Maybe he should have killed Peggy instead.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    doormouse1 wrote: »
    It isn't worth arguing the point - this will just turn into another never-ending Shirley thread...

True, I'm not sure why I even replied tbh :sleep:
  • valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    He should have killed his dad. We would have been spared the awful baby custody and fake engagement s/l.
  • coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In what way?

I think Shirley should have drowned Ben in the sink after she found out he was Heather's killer and Phil shouldn't have conveniently walked in then we would have seen Phil and Shirley in battle.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did you really expect anything different from the that walked out on her children?

She's pathetic and will always put Phil above anyone. Never believed her grieve over Heather's death, no-one treats their 'friends' the way she treated Heather.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did you really expect anything different from the that walked out on her children?

She's pathetic and will always put Phil above anyone. Never believed her grieve over Heather's death, no-one treats their 'friends' the way she treated Heather.

Agree 100%. Nice post.
  • funcat650funcat650 Posts: 1,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lulz77 wrote: »
    I really wanted them to find a way to get Shirley and Phil back together. She was such a good Mitchell.

I agree with the above poster about Ben attempting to kill Shirley but Phil rescuing her. That would of been good.
    Why would you want to see this joke of a relationship resurected????
    Freeman000 wrote: »
    Shirley is a horrible character. Not very nice to look at and even worse to listen to. EE need to get rid of her fast.
    Exactly.
    Shirley probably only used Heather to feel better about herself. Disgraceful:o:eek:

That's why she walks around with a stoney bitter face and always raises her voice to people because she's mellowed into a nicer person?

True. I'd like to believe her grief is real, but how can you grieve over someone you never truly loved? As you said if she was a true friend, she wouldn't have treated her the way she did.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree 100%. Nice post.
    funcat650 wrote: »

True. I'd like to believe her grief is real, but how can you grieve over someone you never truly loved? As you said if she was a true friend, she wouldn't have treated her the way she did.

She missed Hev because she made her feel better about her messed up life. If she regretted the way she treated Hev before she died, she would've went to police and not let Phil get away. Ben and Jay had to pay but not Phil cos he's the love of her life :rolleyes:
  • OhWhenTheSaintsOhWhenTheSaints Posts: 12,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sw2963 wrote: »
    I completely agree with this. There is no villain of sorts on the square now they got rid of Derek too.

Michael and Phil could be classed as villains.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ben didn't really kill for pleasure, but to be honest, if killing Shirley would have meant him staying in the show, I would not have minded.
  • geraldinemariageraldinemaria Posts: 1,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shirley belongs in the gutter