The Ratings Thread (Part 43)

Comments

• rivkinrivkin Posts: 400
    Forum Member
    after seeing the itv sitcom set in a jobcentre advertised next to the itv 2 logo does this mean that in 2013 the thursday 8.30pm slot will have nothing to offer at all as it seems no sitcoms for itv1 or itv (as it will be then ) 8-) suit this slot.
    guess paul ogradys love of dogs could fit in there but there seems nothing else , looking at old line up from 1997 etc itv had loads of half hour gameshows seems itv do less half hour shows now than ever before unless up against eastenders. to get rid of the need for a thurs 8.30pm show emmerdale should be on an hour from 7pm and bring back 8pm the bill or heartbeat etc.
  • FuddFudd Posts: 166,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm assuming ITV didn't have first choice rights on Celtic's matches, otherwise they would have probably chosen the Barcelona match on Matchday 3.
  • derek500derek500 Posts: 24,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Score wrote: »
    I can see Making of A Lady struggle, although ending it at 9:45pm is quite a smart move as it means people can switch over after it in time to see the SPOTY result live.

Originally made for a two hour slot. Perhaps they can't they sell 21m of ads so have cut its slot by 15m?
  • ElliotSaundersElliotSaunders Posts: 403
    Forum Member
    Glenn A wrote: »
    SPOTY could be massive this year as, instead of embarrasingly trying to fill up a show as the country has done nothing, we now have the likes of Bradley Wiggins, Andy Murray, Mo Farah, Laura Trott, Sir Chris Hoy and Jessica Ennis in the running. This has been a golden year for sport other than football, thank God, and it wouldn't surprise me if SPOTY averages 10 million with a peak of 14 million.

Football has had a good year - Chelsea winning the champions league and a fantastic ending to the premiership season are just two of the moments from this year I can pick out. Outside of the UK the Euros was also a good spectacle with mostly good matches and some cracking goals.

I'm not a massive fan of Football but taking snipes at it whenever you can and making up lies to support your opinion that football is dwindling popularity because of the Olympics winds me up. You claimed that the Champions League ratings are down this year - WRONG. You claimed in a thread in the broadcasting section that Monday night games are boring 0-0 draws with half empty grounds and yet again you couldn't be further from the truth.
  • Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Football has had a good year - Chelsea winning the champions league and a fantastic ending to the premiership season are just two of the moments from this year I can pick out. Outside of the UK the Euros was also a good spectacle with mostly good matches and some cracking goals.

I'm not a massive fan of Football but taking snipes at it whenever you can and making up lies to support your opinion that football is dwindling popularity because of the Olympics winds me up. You claimed that the Champions League ratings are down this year - WRONG. You claimed in a thread in the broadcasting section that Monday night games are boring 0-0 draws with half empty grounds and yet again you couldn't be further from the truth.

Yet the Olympics have totally overshadowed football this year, even though in ratings terms England attracted up to 20 million viewers. I doubt the Chelsea win and the last day of the Premiership were talking points during the olympics.
    Anyway coming from the North East originally, you can see why I don't bother with football.
  • C.M.W.C.M.W. Posts: 222
    Forum Member
    No sign of the new series of Miranda anywhere on BBC One in December, I thought it was starting ahead of Christmas ?

Miranda has been scheduled to start on Xmas Day since about March, it is currently being edited.
  • marxavlenmarxavlen Posts: 851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mlt11 wrote: »
    City were the biggest story on MD4!!!!!

They aren't on MD6.

We could go on forever but I note you haven't answered who was the R5L commentary on MD4. Who was the lead story on Sky Sports News, mainstream TV news bulletins, the back pages of the newsapers etc? Across all those media, Man C were the biggest story in the overwhelming majority of cases.

The answer to your question is Man City obviously. However they weren't the only English team in a spot of bother. Chelsea & Arsenal were also in trouble (admittedly not as bad as City) but City v Ajax was never going to be a great rating game.
  • RobbieSykes123RobbieSykes123 Posts: 14,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rzt wrote: »
    A few ratings from yesterday:

I'm A Celebrity: 7.96m (31.7%) , +1: 543k (2.7%)

:eek:

That's not 9m, is it!

Let alone 16m.... :rolleyes:
    cylon6 wrote: »
    Ripper Street must be very soon now the trailer is out. Did you see that on TV? I got an alert it was on the BBC You Tube Channel.

Suggests to me that this is starting before Christmas, not after. Bit early for a New Year's Day start, I would have thought?
    LW09 wrote: »
    What a daft 'battle'. They aren't even remotely linked. Emmerdale have been on a million times before, and if they insist on using Daybreak then why not make it more applicable and do something like Daybreak vs This Morning/Loose Women or even BBC Breakfast.

If I was connected with Emmerdale, I'd be a bit offended by a match up with Daybreak.

Could be an awkward encounter for the ITV family this Christmas Day. But we all have that at Christmas sometimes don't we...:D
    Downton Abbey recommissioned for 4th series - starts filming in February. 8 more episodes for 2013 (1st & last feature length) & Christmas Special.

Confirmation that this years Christmas Special will be at 9pm on ITV1.

Fans of the hit drama should prepare for both laughter and tears in a two-hour special to be screened on ITV1 at 9pm this Christmas Day.

“We hope the Downton family of viewers will gather together to watch this major TV event as a shared Christmas night experience,” said Laura Mackie.

“Last year’s special episode set the nation talking on Boxing Day and 2012's Christmas Day episode is no different. As ever, Downton will take its audience through a whole range of emotions. All of life's experiences will feature in this episode.

“This is one episode you will want to see live with millions of others - and best have the tissues ready.”

http://www.itv.com/presscentre/pressreleases/programmepressreleases/itvcommissionsafourthseriesofdowntonabbey/default.html

In other words - please watch us on the day, pretty please, not tape it and watch 3 days later, so we don't have the Boxing Day media reporting another win for EastEnders, and our advertiser clients asking why we didn't air it another day and guarantee them extra bang for their buck...
    Digiguide updates :

Sunday 16 December

BBC One

18:00 Countryfile
    19:00 Strictly Come Dancing Results
    19:30 Sports Personality of the Year 2012
    22:05 BBC News
    22:30 Match of the Day 2

ITV1

16:55 Film: ET The Extra Terrestrial
    19:00 Happy Birthday ET :eek:
    20:00 The Making of a Lady
    21:45 ITV News
    22:00 Film: I am Legend

Gosh, ITV have been remarkably generous there. :eek:

If I was them, I'd air the Downton Christmas special that night, maximise the ratings and the ad revenue.... ;)
    C.M.W. wrote: »
    Miranda has been scheduled to start on Xmas Day since about March, it is currently being edited.

Is that definite inside knowledge then?

Can't help feeling it is going to have to contend with Coronation Street somehow? Then again, every single first run episode of Miranda has indeed aired against Corrie, bar the odd one when the 2nd Monday Corrie didn't air.
  • GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glenn A wrote: »
    Yet the Olympics have totally overshadowed football this year, even though in ratings terms England attracted up to 20 million viewers. I doubt the Chelsea win and the last day of the Premiership were talking points during the olympics.
    Anyway coming from the North East originally, you can see why I don't bother with football.

Yeah, football needs to be really worried, after all there's going to be an Olympics every year in London for ever more, I guess.

The Citeh finish to the season and Chelsea win were massive moments, but yes not as massive as once-in-a-lifetime events.
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Natasha Kaplinsky, Chris Hollins in SCD Christmas special according to The Sun
  • F1KenF1Ken Posts: 4,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ftv wrote: »

It's a champion of champions special isn't it. It should do well.

Ken
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Fabrice Muamba too according to the front page of the Daily Mail, I noticed in the paper shop.

(He's the footballer who had the heart trouble and was effectively dead before being brought back to life)
  • jonnyblackjonnyblack Posts: 897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm a Celebrity averaged 8.9m (inc +1) and peaked at 9.8m.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Combined 8.9m for the two showings of Celeb.

Recovery from Thursday, but below average for this run.
  • HMOHMO Posts: 42,143
    Forum Member
    More ratings from yesterday:

Crime Stories - 892k (13.6%)
    Outnumbered (repeat) - 3.18m (13.6%)
    EastEnders - 7.31m (32.1%)
    QI - 1.88m (8.4%)
    Corrie (7:30) - 8.29m (37.8%)
    Corrie (8:30) - 8.51m (36.2%)

IAC - 8.65m (36.8%), peak: 9.46m (39.8%) at 21:30

The Chase - 3.06m (20%)

Alan Carr: Chatty Man - 1.17m (6%)

Emmerdale - 6.98m (33.8%)
  • garyessexgaryessex Posts: 9,083
    Forum Member
    Not good enough for EastEnders considering they had a crash
  • D.M.N.D.M.N. Posts: 34,171
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have I Got News For You: 4.05m (16.6%)
    Me and Mrs Jones: 1.72m (7.3%) :eek: :eek: :eek:
    BBC News at Ten: 3.10m (13.6%)

Island Hospital: 3.31m (14.5%)
    ITV News: 2.39m (14.1%)
  • HMOHMO Posts: 42,143
    Forum Member
    D.M.N. wrote: »
    Have I Got News For You: 4.05m (16.6%)
    Me and Mrs Jones: 1.72m (7.3%) :eek: :eek: :eek:
    BBC News at Ten: 3.10m (13.6%)

Island Hospital: 3.31m (14.5%)
    ITV News: 2.39m (14.1%)

I've never watched an episode but that seems extremely low for BBC1 at 9pm on a Friday :eek:
  • D.M.N.D.M.N. Posts: 34,171
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Morning ratings:

BBC One
    09:15 - Neighbourhood Watched: 1.33m (25.7%)
    10:00 - Homes Under the Hammer: 1.23m (23.2%)
    11:00 - Watchdog Daily: 1.02m (20.5%)
    11:45 - Cash in the Attic: 920k (18.3%)
    12:15 - Bargain Hunt: 1.75m (28.7%)
    13:00 - BBC News at One: 2.46m (35.8%)

ITV1
    09:25 - The Jeremy Kyle Show: 1.33m (25.4%)
    10:30 - This Morning: 1.03m (20.1%)
    11:25 - ITV News: 1.02m (20.4%)
    11:30 - This Morning: 1.03m (20.0%)
    12:30 - Loose Women: 865k (13.2%)
    13:30 - ITV News: 844k (12.4%)

A lot closer between ITV1 and BBC One than what I have seen as of late, until Loose Women drops ITV's ratings off a cliff.

Between 09:25 and 12:30, BBC One averaged 1.15m (22.1%), compared with 1.10m (21.2%) for ITV1.
  • BrekkieBrekkie Posts: 24,197
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always felt ITV were better with the news at 12.30 and then Loose Women at 1pm as an alternative to the 1pm news. Surely any Loose Women fan who isn't going to watch the news isn't going to be staying tuned at 1.30pm, so surely better to get the head start on the BBC with the lunchtime news then offer an alternative to their news at 1pm which could hold viewers through their afternoon daytime line up.
  • square_eyessquare_eyes Posts: 7,559
    Forum Member
    Wow spectacularly awful for Me & Mrs Jones, just what went wrong with that show ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hignfy was a bit of a car crash last night, so I imagine that 4.1m average entailed a major drop over the half hour. Will also explain the appalling MAMJ figure, due to smaller lead in.

Still, 4.1m for a 22 year old show against an 8.7m rating on itv is good going. What have itv got that would breach 4m against a 9m audience on BBC1. The Celeb average was obviously boosted by MAMJ looking at the peaks, so it was closer in the 9pm slot than it looks.
  • iaindbiaindb Posts: 13,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fabrice Muamba too according to the front page of the Daily Mail, I noticed in the paper shop.

(He's the footballer who had the heart trouble and was effectively dead before being brought back to life)

It was reported on BBC Breakfast as well and they should know.

The Sun lists 8 past celebrities but 1 newcomer. Add in Fabrice and, assuming The Sun's story is true that's 10 celebs in total, in which case it has to be a 90 minute special, surely.
  • iaindbiaindb Posts: 13,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hignfy was a bit of a car crash last night, so I imagine that 4.1m average entailed a major drop over the half hour.

Bet it didn't.

Was watching Sir David last night on BBC2 so was planning to catch the extended edition on Monday. May not bother now.

It was hosting by Sir Roger Moore, wasn't it? I'm afraid old age has caught up with him big time.
    Wow spectacularly awful for Me & Mrs Jones, just what went wrong with that show ?

This programme was what the expression "meh" was invented for. Simple fact is the central character is just too ordinary. Successful comedy characters need to be larger-than-life. Let Miranda and Mrs Brown's Boys show the M&MJ writers how to do it.
  • mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iaindb wrote: »
    It was reported on BBC Breakfast as well and they should know.

The Sun lists 8 past celebrities but 1 newcomer. Add in Fabrice and, assuming The Sun's story is true that's 10 celebs in total, in which case it has to be a 90 minute special, surely.
    Or past celebrities are involve in a group dance only?
This discussion has been closed.