Three in a Bed - new series?

lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,648
Forum Member
It looks like new series starts today at 1:05pm on Channel 4. It's on till Friday.

Three sets of B&B owners throw open their doors: Stoodley Hunting Lodge in Todmorden, the Inner Guidance Holistic Retreat Centre in Lavenham and Coastal Valley Camp and Crafts in Newquay.

Comments

• lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,648
    Forum Member
    It looks like Friday's is a repeat.
  • Torch81Torch81 Posts: 15,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I recorded and just watched this. Pretty certain it was a new one, was to me anyway. Quite a good episode in fact. Number 1 was incredible value for money for the place itself. I liked the host David too, a bit blunt at first but he was fair with his payments and any criticisms he levelled at others seemed very valid and justified to me.

Hosts number 2 - the 'holistic' retreat. Place ok, hosts a bit overbearing, the woman (Tanya I think) particularly. Also they seemed to eat breakfast with their guests which I've never seen before. :o

Number 3 - The glamping type lodges. Very overpriced and no appeal to me whatsoever. Plus I'm sure the narrator said they had a minimum 7 night stay policy? Which if true... :o:o if I heard that right. That lodge with a huge BBQ type thing right in the middle of it was plain bizarre and looked quite ridiculous.

Nice to see no totally pointless activities interspersed with the visits, the craft/sewing thing they done was ok as I think the site offered it as standard anyway.

Right result for me with number 1 winning, that was the only place I'd contemplate staying at of the three.

Lack of activity/chat on here suggests it's a case of "congrats C4, you've managed to lose what little audience you had left on here for this!" :p I think they're trying to kill it off anyway though by the look of it, why else move it to a lunchtime slot. >:(
  • SolarSailSolarSail Posts: 7,698
    Forum Member
    Oh I ignored it Lea because I just assumed it was a repeat. Was kind of working anyway ^_^
  • ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The first place was either rediculously underpriced or he really pulled the stops out and gave them stuff not normally on the menu. It was very good anyway without the OTT breakfast.
    Wasn't keen on the look of the holistic place, but everyone seemed to like it so maybe I'm being rather closed minded:blush:
    Not at all keen on the glamping and the woman looked like her favourite child had been grossly insulted at even the slightest criticism! What is it with these people who have only been up and running a few months that they think they are already faultless?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shrike wrote: »
    The first place was either rediculously underpriced or he really pulled the stops out and gave them stuff not normally on the menu. It was very good anyway without the OTT breakfast.
    Wasn't keen on the look of the holistic place, but everyone seemed to like it so maybe I'm being rather closed minded:blush:
    Not at all keen on the glamping and the woman looked like her favourite child had been grossly insulted at even the slightest criticism! What is it with these people who have only been up and running a few months that they think they are already faultless?

I haven't checked, but assume he was merely charging a competitive and going rate for the area, which if true, did make his place excellent value for money. A huge Steak for breakfast though? WTF was that all about! Bizarre.

Glamping woman Tanya was a classic example of a 3/4iaBed sour puss. Wrongly assuming she and her establishment were better than anyone else for no reason other than...."just because".
  • roddydogsroddydogs Posts: 10,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The 1-2-3 was so easy to guess............& why do they always make a fuss about the "Winner" when weve already been shown the "Percentages" & already know the winner?
  • KIZZY007KIZZY007 Posts: 243
    Forum Member
    I was disappointed with this episode, I didn't like any contestants who all seemed to be chosen for their OTT element like the guy with his condoms and sex shops, the no sugar,no gluten,no alcohol "goodbye sugar,hello Buddha " couple and the guy whose wife made the room light up, purlees! I can't see this surviving for long.
  • KIZZY007KIZZY007 Posts: 243
    Forum Member
    PS Forgot to mention the narrator was terrible too.
  • MadBettyMadBetty Posts: 1,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KIZZY007 wrote: »
    I was disappointed with this episode, I didn't like any contestants who all seemed to be chosen for their OTT element like the guy with his condoms and sex shops, the no sugar,no gluten,no alcohol "goodbye sugar,hello Buddha " couple and the guy whose wife made the room light up, purlees! I can't see this surviving for long.

I thought she looked like SuBo pre the X Factor makeover.

I cannot possibly see how steak-man can possibly make a profit from serving up a breakfast like that and charging just £80 a room.
  • bloodynorabloodynora Posts: 843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did I miss something or did the 3rd couple in todays show not provide an activity, they seemed to go from checking out their rooms to having breakfast!
  • ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not seen todays yet, but it seems quite common on 3inabed for visits to not include an activity. I expect the activity happened, but not shown for lack of time.
  • ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,750
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lea_uk wrote: »
    It looks like new series starts today at 1:05pm on Channel 4. It's on till Friday.

Three sets of B&B owners throw open their doors: Stoodley Hunting Lodge in Todmorden, the Inner Guidance Holistic Retreat Centre in Lavenham and Coastal Valley Camp and Crafts in Newquay.

I wasn't sure if they were new eps but they look like it. I've recorded them but not watched yet.

Have a look here.
    http://www.channel4.com/programmes/three-in-a-bed/episode-guide/series-4/

This is series 4. There are 10 episodes. I think we saw the first 6 eps earlier in the year. Is that right?

C4 messed up the first lot of eps by chopping and changing when they were on. Now it seems they have decided to show eps 7-10 at a weird time. They've really messed this series up and not been fair to us loyal viewers who have watched 3 & 4 in a Bed for years.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ewoodie wrote: »
    I wasn't sure if they were new eps but they look like it. I've recorded them but not watched yet.

Have a look here.
    http://www.channel4.com/programmes/three-in-a-bed/episode-guide/series-4/

This is series 4. There are 10 episodes. I think we saw the first 6 eps earlier in the year. Is that right?

C4 messed up the first lot of eps by chopping and changing when they were on. Now it seems they have decided to show eps 7-10 at a weird time. They've really messed this series up and not been fair to us loyal viewers who have watched 3 & 4 in a Bed for years.

I think that's spot on as there seems to be 4 new one's each day this week and then it reverts to repeats from Friday. I forgot to record today's so will have to view that one via catch up at the weekend.

I agree, C4 have totally messed about with this programme, I think they've more or less given up on it. I'll be surprised if it lasts much longer, which is a shame, it could be so much better than it is.
  • Rocket QueenRocket Queen Posts: 1,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really don't like this format, the voice man is boring as shite, please channel 4 bring back 4 in a bed.
  • Sandgrounder1Sandgrounder1 Posts: 753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lea_uk wrote: »

Only just catching up with this episode, I was thrilled to see the B&Bers dining at Grandma Pollards chippy in Walsden, near Todmorden. Ace fish and chips and they do the best apple pie too. There's even a little bus out the back you can dine in. Not entirely sure what Jo and Dominic would find to eat off the menu - mushy peas perhaps?
  • daisiesfandaisiesfan Posts: 2,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really don't like this format, the voice man is boring as shite, please channel 4 bring back 4 in a bed.

I agree, the fun of the show has been drained out of it by condensing it to 3 in a bed. Also not enjoying the voice over man.