Why won't F1 series link?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 102
Forum Member
Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere, but my 9300 has been performing (almost) perfectly for 4 months now except for not retaining a series link for the BBC coverage of F1. Other series linked programs work fine, but each time a Grand Prix comes round I have to remember to re-set the recording the week before. I'm sure my old 9200 didn't have this problem and even used to pick up the qualifying and all free practice sessions.

Comments

• Big-lesBig-les Posts: 2,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere, but my 9300 has been performing (almost) perfectly for 4 months now except for not retaining a series link for the BBC coverage of F1. Other series linked programs work fine, but each time a Grand Prix comes round I have to remember to re-set the recording the week before. I'm sure my old 9200 didn't have this problem and even used to pick up the qualifying and all free practice sessions.

Are you 'tidying up' the schedule after the GP because the schedule still shows that GP title, date and time? If you are then you are removing the series link, the next GP will not appear in the schedule until that GP is shown in the EPG. Also the new schedule entry will still have the previous GP title until after the qualifying session is transmitted.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 102
    Forum Member
    Big-les wrote: »
    Are you 'tidying up' the schedule after the GP because the schedule still shows that GP title, date and time? If you are then you are removing the series link, the next GP will not appear in the schedule until that GP is shown in the EPG. Also the new schedule entry will still have the previous GP title until after the qualifying session is transmitted.

No. Several series linked programme titles remain in the list in readiness for the next episode(s), but the GPs have never appeared there after transmission. That's how I've noticed they've disappeared from the schedule. My 9200 worked exactly as you describe. I've double checked that I've set for series link rather than 'this programme only'.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Each GP weekend is effectively treated as a new series by the EPG.

You can set a series link for qualifying and race (but not red button free practice sessions) of a single race weekend.

It may carry over for race weekends that are only one week apart but I don't think it does for the reason above.
  • chrisdorchrisdor Posts: 46
    Forum Member
    My 9200T has recorded them all so far on series link. Practice and GP. Sounds like there is something different on the 9300.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How it's worked on my 9300 both last year and so far this season is -

1st/2nd/3rd Practice sessions on 301/2 need to be scheduled individually.

Qualifying and Race can be series linked but only on a per race basis.
  • chrisdorchrisdor Posts: 46
    Forum Member
    chrisdor wrote: »
    My 9200T has recorded them all so far on series link. Practice and GP. Sounds like there is something different on the 9300.

I meant Qualifying and GP, not practice.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    willowfan wrote: »
    Qualifying and Race can be series linked but only on a per race basis.

Looks like the 9300 (and probably the 9150) does work differently to the 9200 on this one then. Is it just the F1GP? Has anyone noticed this behaviour with MotoGP or the Red Bull Air Race, both of which are more than a week between races.
  • HummyownerHummyowner Posts: 337
    Forum Member
    Looks like the 9300 (and probably the 9150) does work differently to the 9200 on this one then.

They don't work differently.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hummyowner wrote: »
    They don't work differently.

But what you've said in earlier post suggests they do. :confused:
  • HummyownerHummyowner Posts: 337
    Forum Member
    But what you've said in earlier post suggests they do. :confused:

Where?

Post #9 was my first post in this thread.

Having checked with someone who has access to the the info, the Series Crid for F1 on BBC1 has been the same for all races so far this season, and the Programme Crid has changed as it should.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hummyowner wrote: »
    Where?

Post #9 was my first post in this thread.

Having checked with someone who has access to the the info, the Series Crid for F1 on BBC1 has been the same for all races so far this season, and the Programme Crid has changed as it should.

Sorry, it's what homebruerviewer and willowfan say that suggests the 9300 works differently to the 9200. :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    I have the same problem on my 9300T. Form my experience it seems that programs like the F1 and MotoGP series that name the country in the event title don't work beyond that week's event. Where the event title is always the same e.g. British Superbikes, the series link works fine for future weeks events.

This is just my experience from the programs I record - does that sound plausable to others?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 102
    Forum Member
    I have the same problem on my 9300T. Form my experience it seems that programs like the F1 and MotoGP series that name the country in the event title don't work beyond that week's event. Where the event title is always the same e.g. British Superbikes, the series link works fine for future weeks events.

This is just my experience from the programs I record - does that sound plausable to others?

It does sound plausible. I checked recently by setting the Spanish Grand Prix to record with series link on both my 9200 and 9300. They subsequently picked up and successfully recorded the Monaco GP which was only a week later. As soon as the recordings were complete, the series link for the GPs disappeared from the schedule of both machines. I'm sure this didn't happen last F1 season. What has changed?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It does sound plausible. I checked recently by setting the Spanish Grand Prix to record with series link on both my 9200 and 9300. They subsequently picked up and successfully recorded the Monaco GP which was only a week later. As soon as the recordings were complete, the series link for the GPs disappeared from the schedule of both machines. I'm sure this didn't happen last F1 season. What has changed?

My series link for the F1GP is still there on my 9200, still showing as the Monaco GP of course. I'm using the late April beta software and in the East Midlands region. I've not lost any series links using any version of v21 except once when the box had been disconnected from the mains for a couple of weeks. Strangely the lost ones were current links, expired links as far as I could remember were not affected.

EDIT: I've just noticed from the Lewis thread that you're on Waltham, I'm on a Waltham relay.