The X Factor without Simon, Cheryl OR Dermot?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 114
Forum Member
This is what i'm hearing from reports of DS.

I mean, Cheryl would be quite easy to replace.

But who would replace Simon because (love him or hate him), he demands a great level of respect and has an ora of power and authority about him. So who would take his place.

Same without dermot. Great presenter in my opinion. :confused:

Comments

• Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oooh yes. Get rid of Cheryl and get Nicole Scherzinger in. Anybody can replace Simon, he's become part of the furniture now and he's no longer the honest, straight talking critic that he used to make out he was. Louis... meh, same.
  • john176bramleyjohn176bramley Posts: 25,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is what i'm hearing from reports of DS.

I mean, Cheryl would be quite easy to replace.

But who would replace Simon because (love him or hate him), he demands a great level of respect and has an ora of power and authority about him. So who would take his place.

Same without dermot. Great presenter in my opinion. :confused:

The show needs someone of equal gravitas and stature.

Mr Blobby?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 114
    Forum Member
    The show needs someone of equal gravitas and stature.

Mr Blobby?

Haha I take it your not a fan ;)
  • princesarock12princesarock12 Posts: 1,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dermot would be hardest to replace.

Definitely they should try and get Nicole to replace Cheryl, but the show might bring her down, however much she could improve it :/

Replace Simon with a sheep. Wouldn't make much difference.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love him or loathe him, the show would definitely not be the same without SC.
  • CaudlehalbardCaudlehalbard Posts: 907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Piers Morgan to replace Cowell?

(Anyone to replace Cole!)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 226
    Forum Member
    Has been reported a while ago they would commute tween the 2 shows?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheryl and Dermot are replacable. Not sure about Cowell.
  • CaudlehalbardCaudlehalbard Posts: 907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cowell has become ridiculous with his over-praising of his own acts and even over-praising other acts if he feels he can manipulate the public, e.g. into not hating Cher.
    Forum Member
    donbon wrote: »
    Love him or loathe him, the show would definitely not be the same without SC.

My point exactly.
  • SwanGirlSwanGirl Posts: 2,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will be so happy if Dermot and Cheryl go. I can't stand either of them. I can't see Simon going anywhere.
  • mrellis33mrellis33 Posts: 2,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cowell is contracted for another 2 series i believe, so this is boll&cks. He'll just commute to and from LA, much like he did during the American Idol audition stages (remember X factor in America will be on tuesday and weds nights as these are nearly always the highest rated nights on TV over there. I think they have lots of sports on TV over the weekend)
    Forum Member
    mrellis33 wrote: »
    Cowell is contracted for another 2 series i believe, so this is boll&cks. He'll just commute to and from LA, much like he did during the American Idol audition stages (remember X factor in America will be on tuesday and weds nights as these are nearly always the highest rated nights on TV over there. I think they have lots of sports on TV over the weekend)

THAT I didnt know.

Just saying what i heard. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 51
    Forum Member
    Dermot would be hardest to replace.

Definitely they should try and get Nicole to replace Cheryl,
    Replace Simon with a sheep. Wouldn't make much difference.

So true. The show will probably be more respected without Simon.
  • KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    Cowell can get out.
    Cole can get out.

Dermot we'll keep.

Walsh can get out.
    Mingue we'll keep (for now).
  • SCUSASCUSA Posts: 801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lajoni wrote: »
    Has been reported a while ago they would commute tween the 2 shows?

I think he is still trying to get Dermott in US lineup- which will likely fall short of working (Christina & Buble have both had him repeat questions on the live shows...not good to execs.)

Move Nicole to replace Cheryl & bring in (Ronan or Robbie Williams? who both have ties to the show) for simon?

My guess is that Simon, Cheryl, & even the Fox execs are rethinking this idea. I could see Simon seeing a benefit from at least a years absence from the UK show... All of the Simon contraversy, etc (which does help ratings), seems like it may be becoming a bit stale and predictable (and the ratings will remain regardless). Same with Cheryl, its all becoming predictable (the contraversy, etc). And with Cheryl still being relatively at the top of Xfactor success- she is smart to wonder if there is nowhere to go but down (even if only as a matter of degree).

All of this coupled with the fact that the US show would definitely suffer from the split time as well as the whole "mentor aspect" of the show would be undermined. (I think I read that 2 of the DWTS/ SCD judges to both- however they don't have the mentor element to the show.

Not to mention, if Simon is planning on signing 4 or 5 of the current acts to his label, this will take up time. (And LA will be good locale for him as he could in theory try to give all of the top 5 US exposure, since they are all so different from each other- really even different markets in most cases).
  • SCUSASCUSA Posts: 801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mrellis33 wrote: »

The 2 year contract is probably a torn in his plans at the moment... surely he could get out of the contract or convince them of something to free him up?

Regarding tv nights...I've always thought it was strange how different UK/US schedules are. Although sports may have some effect a various times during the year..... The main reason for Weeknights is because this is when families are most reliably at home (because kids have school and parent work the next day). Whereas the weekend is when adults may be a friends houses, parties, going out, going out of town for whatever reason. Also this is when kids go to parties, etc (or to a friends house if they are younger).

So at the very least- it is hard to have consistent viewership on weekends.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,588
    Forum Member
    Turnip O'Dreary used to be a good presenter, but he believes his own publicity and appears to think that he is an important part of the show. I don't think he is actually very good - there is little genuine warmth from him towards the singers. there are lots who would do it better.

it needs another older mentor to replace Simon - but Cheryl can be easily replaced.
    Forum Member
    I know i am probably (most definatley lol) in the minority here, but i for one would not be so inclined to watch if Mr Cowell leaves the UK show. Just wouldnt seem right. The US Show would seem so much 'Bigger' and 'Glitzier' as they say with Simon and Co on its panel. The UK show would just be kind of :yawn:
  • GothamGotham Posts: 1,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They're replaceable, but they need to totally overhaul the mentoring line up. Dannii should be kept, that's it. Louis Walsh needs to go big time.
  • SmoothySmoothy Posts: 180
    Forum Member
    Simon is going nowhere. As recently as last week, he (once again) said he's doing both shows at the same time. He says it's not a problem so he's going nowhere. It'll be the same lineup as last year too, as there is no real reason for Cheryl, Danni or Louis to be replaced.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Robbie Williams to replace Simon.
    Nicole Scherzinger to replace Cheryl.

Not sure who could replace Dermot though? Although it's always been rumoured to be Christine Bleakley in the past.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The highest rated night on TV in the US is Thursday followed by Monday. I think the X Factor will air on Wednesday and Thursday night.

Thursday night has been the weakest spot for FOX for ages, that's why they're moving American Idol to Thursdays. If the show does well on Thursdays they will schedule X Factor on the same night.

I don't think Cheryl Cole is replaceable, she's brought the controversy into the series this season which translated in higher ratings. It's a fact that ratings have soared since she joined the show. So let's see what happens if/when she leaves the show.
    Forum Member
    Robbie Williams to replace Simon.
    Nicole Scherzinger to replace Cheryl.

Not sure who could replace Dermot though? Although it's always been rumoured to be Christine Bleakley in the past.

Cant imagine Nicole doing XF without Simon there.
    Why would she? he's the only one really known in the US. She'd look kind of outta place with Louis and Dannii.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cant imagine Nicole doing XF without Simon there.
    Why would she? he's the only one really known in the US. She'd look kind of outta place with Louis and Dannii.

I don't really understand your logic here. So because he is the only one really known in the US, that would mean Nicole can't be on the UK panel? I'm confused. :confused: