Worst Facebook status updates

Comments

• Starry EyedStarry Eyed Posts: 1,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Baby elephant has just been born and fighting for his life. Like = One prayer. Comment "Amen" = 1000 prayers.

Those are the worst kind of statuses of all - along with any that try and guilt people over whatever tragedy the person is posting about this week. People really can be just utterly pathetic.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 199
    Forum Member
    some people are cleaning the house all the time
    It's like they have nothing better to do
    sounds pathetic
  • Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Colin Hunt wrote: »
    Perhaps she's recently joined DS and stumbled upon this thread? ;)

I tell a lie, 9 new photo's have been added to the album dedicated to the new born.

Why does she feel the need to parade her new baby on facebook? Yes, i get she's happy being a mother but the constant photo's are getting a bit too much every single day.
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    bellatella wrote: »
    some people are cleaning the house all the time
    It's like they have nothing better to do
    sounds pathetic

Or they have OCD.
  • OhWhenTheSaintsOhWhenTheSaints Posts: 12,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jason100 wrote: »
    I tell a lie, 9 new photo's have been added to the album dedicated to the new born.

Why does she feel the need to parade her new baby on facebook? Yes, i get she's happy being a mother but the constant photo's are getting a bit too much every single day.

I don't mind this too much. If they're happy enough to show their baby off every day then I'm happy for them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't mind this too much. If they're happy enough to show their baby off every day then I'm happy for them.

She's been posting photo's since she's bought the baby home, yet she didn't breathe a word of her pregnancy on facebook while she was pregnant until she let it slip in a status that she was three weeks away.
  • OhWhenTheSaintsOhWhenTheSaints Posts: 12,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's been posting photo's since she's bought the baby home. Yet she didn't breathe a word of her pregnancy on facebook while she was pregnant until she let it slip in a status that she was three weeks away.

Well atleast she wasn't throwing the pregnancy in everyone's face. I see no problem with what she's doing from what you've described.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well atleast she wasn't throwing the pregnancy in everyone's face. I see no problem with what she's doing from what you've described.

I don't mind her posting photo's every now and then but every day? That's a but much isn't it?
  • mangomoonmangomoon Posts: 2,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mind her posting photo's every now and then but every day? That's a but much isn't it?

I have a friend that does that. Poor kids must get sick of having a camera shoved in their face every single day.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's been posting photo's since she's bought the baby home, yet she didn't breathe a word of her pregnancy on facebook while she was pregnant until she let it slip in a status that she was three weeks away.

To be fair a new baby is a pretty big deal, to those directly effected. It may not be very interesting to you but her close friends and family will be thrilled to see pics of the little one.

Suck it up!
  • ShizukuShizuku Posts: 2,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mind baby pics tbh a baby is a big deal, I like seeing them.

You know it's not the actual content of peoples Facebook that bothers me, it's more the way thing are written, the intention behind things. A lot of people either come across smug or whiney, they are often either trying to be funny, show off or get people to feel sorry for them, begging for Likes, it's people cultivating their 'image' and it just makes me cringe to see people doing that.
  • AlferdPackerAlferdPacker Posts: 3,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shizuku wrote: »
    I don't mind baby pics tbh a baby is a big deal, I like seeing them.

You know it's not the actual content of peoples Facebook that bothers me, it's more the way thing are written, the intention behind things. A lot of people either come across smug or whiney, they are often either trying to be funny, show off or get people to feel sorry for them, begging for Likes, it's people cultivating their 'image' and it just makes me cringe to see people doing that.

All babies look the same. Small and Squidgy
  • Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member
    Seen this posted by about 30 different people today.
    New type of hackers on FB. What they write is aggression from you, and it's insulting. It's really nasty and it appears to come from you. You do not see it, but your friends do. One result of this can be that you will be deleted on your friends list. Just want to say, if you get something that is offensive, malicious, vulgar, etc., it is ABSOLUTELY not from me ...... Copy this and let your friends know. If you get anything like this, please tell me, too. Apparently can come in messages too !! They steal pictures as well!!

Bearing in mind they may be a bit simple to realise straight away it is another spam facebook message. Can't people do a simple search to see it's a blatant friggin hoax
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    For the hoax thing give it a few weeks or months at most and the whole FB is going to make you pay is going to come back again it comes around about twice a year.

On that note though I wouldn't be shocked if that on day FB make a Premium service where for a fee you can remove all ads ect (Though you can use a ad blocker a lot won't know that)
  • flashgordon1952flashgordon1952 Posts: 3,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I only use facebook for one reason . my carp fishing forums are on there otherwise i would not even bother with it.
  • Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    This had me in stitches earlier:

"i would like to announce the safe arrival of our beautiful baby boy arthur william, born today at 12:15 am weighing 7lbs"

Followed by loads of congratulations comments, and then this gem pops up

"congratulations you two on the birth of your baby boy! Cant wait to meet little alfred for cuddles! Xxx"
  • Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    All babies look the same. Small and Squidgy

Baby pics are ok its bloody scan pictures which are annoying, especially the early ones!

They all look the same at six weeks old! Ive seen enough scan pictures to know that.

I hate people putting early scan pictures up especially when people comment that the foetus looks like its mum or dad! No it doesnt!

I bet if you mixed up your own scan picture with a hundred others of the same age you wouldnt be able to pick it out.
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    I like seeing baby and scan pictures
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tt88 wrote: »
    Baby pics are ok its bloody scan pictures which are annoying, especially the early ones!

They all look the same at six weeks old! Ive seen enough scan pictures to know that.

I hate people putting early scan pictures up especially when people comment that the foetus looks like its mum or dad! No it doesnt!

I bet if you mixed up your own scan picture with a hundred others of the same age you wouldnt be able to pick it out.

I always see people commenting saying "he/she's got ur nose hun!" and things like that - you have to hope they're joking!
  • BlofeldBlofeld Posts: 8,233
    Forum Member
    Someone's just posted that their brother has become a father. That's all very well, congratulations to them, but when I clicked on his page, his profile picture is him, pissed up in a nightclub with a T-Shirt on saying "I'm Joseph Frtizel, come in to my Cellar".

I'm sure his new daughter will one day have that on the mantelpiece.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mangomoon wrote: »
    I have a friend that does that. Poor kids must get sick of having a camera shoved in their face every single day.

People in general seem to think taking photos every second of the day even of the most non photo worthy stuff like what you're eating when out is so normal they question the ones who DON'T do it, so those kids probably don't think twice.

Depressing.
  • ackeracker Posts: 8,809
    Forum Member
    Somebody showed me a baby scan picture on facebook on their mobile . I honestly didnt have a clue what to say. :o
  • BlofeldBlofeld Posts: 8,233
    Forum Member
    acker wrote: »
    Somebody showed me a baby scan picture on facebook on their mobile . I honestly didnt have a clue what to say. :o

Same, but the first thing that blurted out of my mouth "What the hell is that?".

To be fair I came over in the middle of her showing it off. I didn't know she was pregnant and she had zoomed in on it's head, meaning it just looked like a weird, pixellated black and white blob.

She laughed it of at least!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mind baby scans and pictures in moderation. It's the pointless status updates which would drive me mad. I do not need to know if your baby just did a poo or unwrapped a sweetie on their own, FFS. I know topic of conversation will be limited for a person when they have a young child to raise but there are too many baby bores out there who need to calm down.
  • franciefrancie Posts: 31,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I take it you're not a new proud mum :)
This discussion has been closed.