Scotland not interested in Royal Arrival

Comments

• 2-Pot Screamer2-Pot Screamer Posts: 34,238
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What school did you go to???
    That's a very 'Northern Ireland' question, which of course means "What religion are you?"

Depressing :(
  • MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's a very 'Northern Ireland' question, which of course means "What religion are you?"

And utterly irrelevant to the topic of the thread.
    What's with the anti Catholic rhetoric anyway?
  • davehunter5davehunter5 Posts: 433
    Forum Member

Oh dear my Berkshire friend

You really have never travel or experienced Scotland have you :D
  • davehunter5davehunter5 Posts: 433
    Forum Member
    MC_Satan wrote: »
    And utterly irrelevant to the topic of the thread.
    What's with the anti Catholic rhetoric anyway?

Why does everything have to be about Northern Ireland, only the English think that way

Please read through the full thread and you will realise its about religion and to get back to the original post i.e. Scotland not interested in Royal Arrival

Yes most of us are i.e. the protestants but the Catholics are not!!!

Simple!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh dear my Berkshire friend

You really have never travel or experienced Scotland have you :D
    On the contrary, I've travelled extensively in Scotland.

It wasn't difficult - I was brought up in northern England and my grandmother was from and lived in Glasgow (Eglinton Street, if you want to consult your 'religious neighbourhoods' map) and my three eldest siblings spent three years of their childhood there. Also, I read books and newspapers.

Although personally an agnostic, my religious background would no doubt be the 'wrong' one as far as you're concerned - so all in all addressing me as your "Berkshire friend" is inappropriate on several counts...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why does everything have to be about Northern Ireland, only the English think that way

Please read through the full thread and you will realise its about religion and to get back to the original post i.e. Scotland not interested in Royal Arrival

Simple!!
    The references to Northern Ireland are perfectly valid within the context of religious bigotry within the [nominally] Christian faith.
  • FiregazerFiregazer Posts: 5,888
    Forum Member
    I don't care much either, if I'm honest. The only family I care about are my own.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Simple!!

Really? Why all the UDA linksand songs at Rangers matchea for example, Orange Walks etc. I'm Scottish incidently, not Catholic and lived in Glasgow for years. I am not remotely interested in the birth of another brat into the disfunctional mess that is House Windsor.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member

Simple!!

And why should they? I couldn't tell you who the current Pope is
  • lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member
    I suspect, with the exception of a handful of football thugs, the majority of the Scottish have the same, indifferent view of religion that most English people have. And the same indifference to the Monarchy to boot.
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And why should they? I couldn't tell you who the current Pope is

Someone who gets less fan mail than Minnie Mouse.
  • maidinscotlandmaidinscotland Posts: 5,648
    Forum Member
    My apologies hen “to others Hen is a Scottish expression”

I wouldn’t say my telling is the cause of the problem in the west of Scotland, but the way you say that the likes of you i.e. the Protestants and not the Catholics are the problem in the west of Scotland says all about you!

I had no idea what religion you were so do not put words in my mouth. By 'likes of you' I meant bigoted.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cannot abide the sectarianism as espoused by davehunter5 and his wee pal Monty.
    It's a blight on modern Scotland, thankfully most of the population has relegated these ridiculous views to the past. Not all of us are stuck in 1690.
  • maidinscotlandmaidinscotland Posts: 5,648
    Forum Member
    I cannot abide the sectarianism as espoused by davehunter5 and his wee pal Monty.
    It's a blight on modern Scotland, thankfully most of the population has relegated these ridiculous views to the past. Not all of us are stuck in 1690.

Hear hear!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member

Sadly it still goes on till this day. Its the one and only thing I hate about the west of Scotland. A lot of people south of the border think there is an anti English problem up here, which couldn't be further from the truth, the biggest problem is sectarianism
  • benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm delighted with the news. No idea what all the sectarianisms about . Thought that was gone. We live in different times and really need to move on.,
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sadly it still goes on till this day. Its the one and only thing I hate about the west of Scotland. A lot of people south of the border think there is an anti English problem up here, which couldn't be further from the truth, the biggest problem is sectarianism

Sadly it does. Although increasingly it's confined to the West of Scotland. I do think it's improving slowly.
  • marianna01marianna01 Posts: 2,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Adamsk wrote: »
    Only half of Scotland cares about the newborn Princess.Every town in Scotland is more intersted in the upcoming election and tonight Boxing match and the latest football results and going to work.

Some girl in Forres said in a shop it more a day fir England too care about it good it a p rincess and all,but I have work too get on with.

I am not sure what you are on about really (BIB). But having just returned from my birthplace (Forres) a couple of weeks ago I have to say that Grant Park is looking as green and colourful as ever and the locals as friendly.

So, Adamsk, what were you doing in Forres?

I had no interest in the boxing or football matches and have now retired --- so no work. YEAH!
  • Cheetah666Cheetah666 Posts: 16,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Its really pathetic, makes you wonder if they ever went to school at all, never mind where.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a "not interested" Englishman, so if most Scots feel the same way they only go up in my estimation. :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheetah666 wrote: »
    Its really pathetic, makes you wonder if they ever went to school at all, never mind where.
    I suspect that most of those people who affect to feel very strongly about their religion are not regular churchgoers either.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully the forward thinking and modern SNP will do away with the anachronism of Faith Schools in Scotland, the REAL cause of the continuation of sectarianism in the west of Scotland.

It's sheer madness In this day and age that I , as a non child owning tax payer, must contribute towards a mid sized town having TWO primary Schools [ to appease the Roman you-know whos ] when one big primary school would do.

Waste of my money.
  • Richard46Richard46 Posts: 59,833
    Forum Member

Simple!!

Are the only divides in Scotland sectarian ones? Is there no other basis on which the Monarchy is supported or not?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully the forward thinking and modern SNP will do away with the anachronism of Faith Schools in Scotland, the REAL cause of the continuation of sectarianism in the west of Scotland.

It's sheer madness In this day and age that I , as a non child owning tax payer, must contribute towards a mid sized town having TWO primary Schools [ to appease the Roman you-know whos ] when one big primary school would do.

Waste of my money.

If faith schools are the cause of sectarianism in the West of Scotland how do you explain the sectarianism of the protestants who go on Orange marches, sing sectarian songs, formerly banned Catholics from employment or promotion, have links with and support unionist terrorists in NI?
  • IsThisHappinessIsThisHappiness Posts: 7,580
    Forum Member
    This thread is ridiculous.

Millions across the UK do not care. Millions. It's not just some people in Scotland that aren't interested.