Thoughts on the showdances

What did people think of the showdances?

I thought Frankie & Kevin's was gorgeous until they started messing around on the benches, I don't understand why Kevin thought that was a good idea.

Mark and Karen's seemed to be mostly a repeat of his jive (with a few lifts and running up and down the stairs thrown in). Would like to have seen some more original choreography.

Caroline's was the best, but I'm not sure how I feel about a showdance in a ballroom & latin competition with no ballroom or latin in it.

Kristina threw the kitchen sink into that routine with Simon, but to me it looked a bit messy in places.

Comments

• The FBIThe FBI Posts: 2,205
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Marks was a pissed night out
    Frankie was forgettable
    Simon was ok bit messy
    Caroline was sublime
  • joh1965joh1965 Posts: 488
    Forum Member
    I preferred Frankie's and Simon's as they highlighted just how much they'd learnt, I wasn't keen on Caroline's - too much wafting and carrying around - as for Mark's...I howled with laughter when Craig compared it to an aerobics video because that's exactly what it reminded me of
  • Pices-55Pices-55 Posts: 18,401
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought Caroline's was outstanding, and Frankie's was OK.Mark's was awful and I thought that Simon's was a bit messy.
  • primerprimer Posts: 6,370
    Forum Member
    frankie and kevin, caroline and pasha, both lovely dances, for different reasons, and both flawed. overall, marginally preferred frankie

simon and marks both felt like show laps in the style of lewis hamilton...
  • cezzycezzy Posts: 4,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Frankie & Kevin - OK but I found myself getting a bit bored which isn't meant to happen in a show dance:o

Mark & Karen - too much prancing around the stairs & didn't add anything new to what I have seen from Mark before:(

Caroline & Pasha - I actually cried. It was stunning. I don't need to say anymore.:)

Simon & Kristina - Totally opposite in style to Caroline & Pasha's yet equally outstanding.:)
  • ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    I expect purists will say that Frankie & Kevin's wasn't a showdance but I'm not a purist so that was my favourite.

I do like a bit of contemporary but, although she did a very good job, Caroline isn't the most elegant dancer.

Simon & Kristina didn't make much impact on me one way or the other.

Mark & Karen's was a bit cringe in parts.
  • curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Carolines was beautiful so emotional I was nearly in tears
    Frankies was good but the benches ruined it
    Marks was fun but they shouldn't have ran up the stairs
    Simon it was just a bit too much
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mark's was like a competition to see who could run the fastest.
    Caroline's was gorgeous.
    Frankie's was gorgeous, but would have liked it without those benches.
    Simon's was great and had so much in it.

Caroline or Simon to win
  • JDarcyJDarcy Posts: 385
    Forum Member
    Frankie's was my favourite by far, I just loved that elegance
    Marks was completely bonkers
    Caroline's I didn't like personally but I can see why other people did
    Simon's was great
  • BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hello. I only watch the dances each week on YouTube, so have no affiliate to any contestants via the main show.

My winner has been Caroline since the start, but Frankies show dance was so good tonight. I'm still yet to see Simons though.
  • duckyluckyduckylucky Posts: 13,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hate angsty samey contempory dance but quite liked Pasha in that !
    Loved Frankies , so elegant and fab
    Marks walkec about a bit
    Simons was good but a bit gimmicky really
  • BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ok I just read the thread... I thought Frankies was boring UNTIL the benches. I loved the benches. What do I know!!
  • IsThisHappinessIsThisHappiness Posts: 7,580
    Forum Member
    Carolines is possibly the best Showdance I have ever seen on the show.
  • fondantfancyfondantfancy Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Frankie's was lovely but a bit one dimensional - and the benches were a terrible idea.

Mark's was awful - he could have cartwheeled, leap frogged and run up and down stairs in week 1 for goodness sake.

Caroline's was very accomplished but did not showcase anything that she had learnt - with her background in dance she could've pretty much done that dance in week 1.

Only Simon's dance showed a selection of dances that he had learnt. It wasn't fabulous but, for me, it had the spirit of a Strictly showdance.
  • MorgsieMorgsie Posts: 16,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Caroline was A-MA-ZING, then Frankie's
    Siimon's: It is all about Kristina
  • warszawawarszawa Posts: 4,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Liked Caroline's very much, Mark's onthe other hand was dire. Karen must have a few quid on them coming fourth.
  • hannahhannah Posts: 13,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loved Simon and Carolines one of these should win
    Not keen on Frankies
    Mark was a little bit to hetic
  • bloggingbellebloggingbelle Posts: 1,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Frankie & Kevin - gorgeous but lacked the wow factor [not Frankies fault]
    Mark & Karen - frenetic but crowd pleasing
    Caroline & Pasha - sublime

Simon & Kristina - a real showcase for Simon - well done Kristina
  • londongirlGrelondongirlGre Posts: 23,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Simon's showdance was really good. I liked that it showed what he had learned. I liked Caroline's and Mark's as well.
  • marie67marie67 Posts: 1,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what has everyone got against the benches?
  • nagel84nagel84 Posts: 13,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought Frankie & Kevin's was easily the best, but then it played to her strengths by being ballroom based. I thought it was a class apart from the rest.

I thought Caroline's showdance was a prime example of the dance category known as Contemporary Dance Bollox. I found it all rather cringey. Caroline's good at selling the party dances but lacks the poise, grace and finesse which would have been required to make this dance anywhere near being a good showdance IMO.

Simon & Kristina are my favourites but I have to admit to being a bit disappointed by theirs as well. I was expecting so much more. It was all a bit too frenetic and I think they would have been better going down a similar route to Frankie & Kevin.

Mark's had tons of energy and was fairly watchable, but again was lacking in finesse.

I'd probably rank them:

Frankie & Kevin

Simon & Kristina
    Mark & Karen
    Caroline & Pasha
  • BeeBumbleBeeBumble Posts: 5,925
    Forum Member
    I thought Frankie's, Caroline and Simon's were all fantastic in different ways. Marks was meh.
  • Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Frankie - gorgeous but the bit on the benches ruined it as it interrupted the flow of the dance and was just a bit awkward. Such a shame it's the only ballroom we'll see tonight.

Mark - clever of Karen to base it on the Jive and Charleston as they were Mark's best dances, and those bits were well done. Confused by the running up and down the stairs though - did something maybe go wrong in rehearsals and Karen had to change it at the last minute?

Caroline - breathtaking, though very little ballroom or Latin in it.

Simon - sadly forgettable - Kristina's choreographed better, but I was happy to see some Quickstep as well as the Latin dances.
  • curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    marie67 wrote: »

nothing in a normal week but not in a showdance .. well for me anyway
  • Frank MagFrank Mag Posts: 1,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    marie67 wrote: »

1. Frankie: BIB They spoiled the Hollywood feel of the dance and were totally out of place..lovely dress

2. Mark: Craig was spot on a class in aerobics

3. Caroline: Elegant, Pasha's best showdance, emotional and teary. Dance of the night so far

4. Simon: Messy and forgettable.