Options

The Ratings Thread (Part 62)

Comments

• Options
    iaindbiaindb Posts: 13,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cylon6 wrote: »
    I don't get it. It rated well when originally broadcast and the ITV2 repeat always gets good numbers. It would do well on Boxing Day.

Maybe Ant & Dec don't want to do it.
  • Options
    cylon6cylon6 Posts: 25,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iaindb wrote: »
    Maybe Ant & Dec don't want to do it.

Maybe. Maybe they haven't been asked either?
  • Options
    dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,281
    Forum Member
    big dan wrote: »
    Can't see EE doing that great next week at this rate. And to be honest as much as I'm generally enjoying the show more now I hope it doesn't do well, just as a reflection of how utterly tasteless hyping up a 'rape reveal'^_^ as the big Christmas storyline is.
    It's not really.
    The Big Twist to the Lucy storyline and The Reveal to Micks mother plus that Car Stunt is much bigger and what i am looking forward to more.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That would be dire for EE. Over 1m down YOY. I think you are going way too low. If its that good this year then it won't drop below 5m.

I don't think the soaps will rise too much next week, but if they do it will be EE as top soap.
    As we are now it's the best December of the show since 2009 (In my opinion ) There's not just one storyline leading this Christmas but something for pretty much all the Families (Bar The Masoods as far as i can see) I think it will drop more tonight though as Text Santa looks strong with it's line up. Corrie (Fans of both soaps)fans may stick with ITV to see That special with Mel B
    BBC3 might see a bump tonight. Noticed it was over 400k again last night at 10:30
  • Options
    rr22rr22 Posts: 7,631
    Forum Member
    Some more ratings:

ITV2

Release The Hounds 573k (3%) inc+1
    Celebrity Juice Best Bits 789k (5.2%)

Good for ITV2 last night, does anyone know how Ant & Dec Xmas Show did ast night on ITV2 at 7:45pm? Thanks

The second series finale of The Fall climbed in the ratings on Thursday, overnight data reveals.

The Jamie Dornan series rose by around 500,000 from last week to an average 2.54 million (12.7%) at 9pm. Earlier, MasterChef: The Professionals appealed to 2.74m (12.8%) at 8pm.

BBC One's DIY SOS: The Big Build topped the ratings outside soaps with 3.71m (17.3%) at 8pm, followed by Panorama with 2.24m (10.8%) at 9pm. The Apprentice: Why I Fired Them gathered 1.83m (15.8%) at 10.35pm.

On ITV, The Sun Military Awards 2014 attracted 2.48m (11.9%) from 8.30pm.

Channel 4's Amazing Spaces brought in 1.21m (5.7%) at 8pm (195k/0.9% on +1), followed by the final 24 Hours in A&E with 1.92m (9.2%) at 9pm (299k/1.8%). Babylon concluded with 347k (2.2%) at 10pm (160k/1.7%).

On Channel 5, The Railway was seen by 662k (3.1%) at 8pm, followed by Britain's Bloodiest Dynasties with 443k (2.1%) at 9pm.

ITV2's Release the Hounds thrilled 457k (2.2%) at 9pm (116k/0.7%), while Celebrity Juice entertained 661k (4.1%) at 10pm (128k/1.4%).

On Sky1, Arrow continued with 378k (1.8%) at 8pm and 261k (1.3%) at 9pm.

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a617586/the-fall-finale-attracts-25-million-on-bbc-two.html#~oYT0rX8F4jAEzu#ixzz3MLAd1d6e
    Follow us: @digitalspy on Twitter | digitalspyuk on Facebook

Its unfortunate that Ch5's at last quality output is rating worse than the cheap tat docs.

Poor for The Military Awards, but that is similar to the rating they get each year. Well worth it though, based on the content of the awards.

I agree Channel 5 have tried "Bloodiest Dynasties" with its audience rather than its usual tabloid shock headline titles or old serial killer strands but its audience have rejected this type of historical documentary in favour of more dumbed down fodder they are used to on the channel and its collapsing in primetime with a 2.1% share because its not supported by similar programming during the week. I wonder if it's because Channel 5 padded its schedule with cheaper brands during the week. The return of celebrity circus "Big Brother" will not help Channel 5 find a better quality audience either as the "Big Brother" panders to a particular audience sucked into tabloid headlines and shock value entertainment but it perhaps gives them the opportunity to launch better quality shows around it. The Loch Lomond nature documentary they have made sounds more of a step in the right direction and is likely to be well received by the general public.
  • Options
    cylon6cylon6 Posts: 25,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't see EE doing that great next week at this rate. And to be honest as much as I'm generally enjoying the show more now I hope it doesn't do well, just as a reflection of how utterly tasteless hyping up a 'rape reveal'^_^ as the big Christmas storyline is.

The trailer makes EastEnders look more eventful than the other soaps on Christmas Day. Whether it means big ratings is another story.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The trailer makes EastEnders look more eventful than the other soaps on Christmas Day. Whether it means big ratings is another story.
    So much happening. I do wonder if the BBC will add times to the trailers though as it's only EastEnders without.
  • Options
    yorkie100yorkie100 Posts: 9,372
    Forum Member
    New ITV2 comedy 'Cockroaches' begins Tuesday 13th January 2015 at 10pm

The title is not going to help it is it? :D

Its like calling a comedy 'Boomers' - oh wait a minute......
  • Options
    Forum Member

Although thats not true is it?
  • Options
    H of De VilH of De Vil Posts: 26,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dan2008 wrote: »
    So much happening. I do wonder if the BBC will add times to the trailers though as it's only EastEnders without.

I think if viewers are interested to watch they will find out when EE is on. I don't thin they need the time on screen. Frankly its a poor excuse if EE rates lower becuase the time was not shown on screen. The trailer will draw viewers in on its own without showing a time.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Thats a bit of an understatement !! :)
    Isnt it just normal eps of ED/CS anyway?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Trailer for series 3 of Mr Selfridge https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmqOz-gQx5w

Suggests it will launch on Sunday 25th January at 9pm opposite the 5th ep on Last Tango
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Emmerdale absolutely collapsed last night.

7pm 5.74m (29.8%), 100k (0.5%) on +1
    8pm 5.43m (25.3%), 146k (0.7%)

Dire share for the 2nd episode. Looks like both Katie Oates and Blackburn need removing from their post. I have no idea if Emmerdale is poor right now, as I don't watch it, but the share and ratings tell their own story.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think if viewers are interested to watch they will find out when EE is on. I don't thin they need the time on screen. Frankly its a poor excuse if EE rates lower becuase the time was not shown on screen. The trailer will draw viewers in on its own without showing a time.
    Of course but a trailer with a time helps. 9pm Christmas day is easy to find. Christmas Eve needs a mention. Normal slots rest of the week (Off top of my head ? )
    I think the fact EastEnders is running Mon to Fri with no Gaps will help tbh.

yorkie100 wrote: »
    Although thats not true is it?
    No it's not. This Year there is a number of storylines taking place
  • Options
    Forum Member

Dire share for the 2nd episode. Looks like both Katie Oates and Blackburn need removing from their post. I have no idea if Emmerdale is poor right now, as I don't watch it, but the share and ratings tell their own story.

Its just collapsed in the last couple of weeks. Share is appalling too. Its making EE rating look good.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Every time i catch it i just see alot of Belle Dingle as she has a storyline at present. Don't think much is happening to keep viewers watching 6 episodes every week. Not sure what they have planned for Xmas Though (Apart from Katies Wedding)
  • Options
    guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member

They've released the Christmas Day trailer which will probably show the time (it doesn't there, but should when shown on tv.) It's the same as last year, they have the big Christmas trailer for the two weeks, then one for the day itself, and probably one for New Year's Day released next week.

Let's hope they show this one a bit more, I've only seen the other one twice on tv, the first time they showed it last Friday and between Countryfile and Strictly on Sunday. They should try to show all the individual trailers of their Christmas programming around the Strictly final tomorrow.
  • Options
    AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thursday is late night shopping for most places and it would have been the last one of the year. Fair few people shopping her at 9:00pm last night. Town was fairly busy. Could suggest why EastEnders share is around the same as Tuesday but rating is lower.

4.8 tonight for EastEnders against Txt Santa

Late night shopping is suddenly being used as a reason for appalling ratings. We are in the darkest part of the year. shops have been open longer at Christmas since the 1970's and some shops have been open 24 hours since 1994. There are changes happening to viewership across the board and it has nothing to do with a few people buying Christmas presents. Because let's face it, there may well have been a few hundred in shops across each town last night, but that is not enough to deliver terrible ratings one week before Christmas.

BBC One last night for instance, a Panorama special? Really? They've got Christmas Idents out, suppose to make you feel festive and they schedule a Panorama special!! That in itself is enough to avoid the channel and just record the other shows you might want to watch later. If they schedule shite for entertainment, then they can't expect people to put in an effort to watch. The same goes for ITV.

Ratings should be around 6m for the week before Christmas. It is worrying. Extremely so.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wizzywick wrote: »
    Late night shopping is suddenly being used as a reason for appalling ratings. We are in the darkest part of the year. shops have been open longer at Christmas since the 1970's and some shops have been open 24 hours since 1994. There are changes happening to viewership across the board and it has nothing to do with a few people buying Christmas presents. Because let's face it, there may well have been a few hundred in shops across each town last night, but that is not enough to deliver terrible ratings one week before Christmas.

BBC One last night for instance, a Panorama special? Really? They've got Christmas Idents out, suppose to make you feel festive and they schedule a Panorama special!! That in itself is enough to avoid the channel and just record the other shows you might want to watch later. If they schedule shite for entertainment, then they can't expect people to put in an effort to watch. The same goes for ITV.

Ratings should be around 6m for the week before Christmas. It is worrying. Extremely so.

Totally agree. The ratings are not going to be affected heavily by Christmas shopping. Last night's programmes were some of the most unfestive things possible. I mean fair enough BBC1 needs to show Panorama and ITV the Military Awards, but why the week before Xmas?

The soaps are yesterday's news now. They are not rising because a) viewers are bored with repetitive storylines, b) 1 (or 2) are in a poor state quality wise c) The poor quality has been going on to long and viewers have found other things to do.
  • Options
    jlp95bwfcjlp95bwfc Posts: 18,414
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Having watched ED recently, I think it's brilliant at the moment and infinitely better than Corrie. Some of the storylines do seem like younger skewing ones though, so they could be alienating the older audience a bit. The main storylines involve crime, a gay affair, a mental breakdown and a wedding. There has also been a HIV storyline and one about Marlon and Laurel's lack of sex in their relationship, with a vasectomy reversal and swelling balls to add some light relief :eek:. You can see why the OAP's may have switched off :D. I can't understand why ratings have fallen so much though but I do think that Corrie being so poor hasn't in any way helped the other ITV soap.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jlp95bwfc wrote: »
    Having watched ED recently, I think it's brilliant at the moment and infinitely better than Corrie. Some of the storylines do seem like younger skewing ones though, so they could be alienating the older audience a bit. The main storylines involve crime, a gay affair, a mental breakdown and a wedding. There has also been a HIV storyline and one about Marlon and Laurel's lack of sex in their relationship, with a vasectomy reversal and swelling balls to add some light relief :eek:. You can see why the OAP's may have switched off :D. I can't understand why ratings have fallen so much though but I do think that Corrie being so poor hasn't in any way helped the other ITV soap.

At this rate Emmerdale and Corrie will be dead before we reach 2016. Someone seriously high up needs to look at what is happening with both (fair enough Emmerdale is good)but you can't alienate a chunk of the audience and not have repercussions from it. Emmerdale could have a dire figure over Christmas with the way its going.

And yeah I do think Corrie decline has hindered Emmerdale.
  • Options
    JordyDJordyD Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh that's cheap, GMB stars on Tipping Point, just because Ben presents it.:blush:
  • Options
    JordyDJordyD Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jlp95bwfc wrote: »

Even Edna gets laid next week.
  • Options
    Sweaty Job RotSweaty Job Rot Posts: 2,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The poor ratings all round last night are a disgrace, one week to go and to use a party phrase it looks like the soaps will be the saps in the kitchen talking about the good old days.
  • Options
    Cestrian18Cestrian18 Posts: 6,859
    Forum Member
    tobi wrote: »
    I think Stars in their Eyes will beat the Voice

Having seen the review of the Pilot, I think it's going to be lucky to beat Your Face Sounds Familiar, but I hope I'm wrong!
This discussion has been closed.