Options

Infinity Ward - A bit Touchy!!

SonyJunkieSonyJunkie Posts: 1,510
Forum Member
✭✭✭
It seems that Infinity Ward have a real issue with Treyarch making Call Of Duty games!! :D

As we all know, IW made Call of Duty & Call of Duty 2 and then Treyarch made Call of Duty 3 before Infinity Ward made Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.

However, IW wouldn't let it lie and believed that Modern Warfare should have been the true Call of Duty 3 and so included a subtle dig on the main menu screen.

In this picture you can see the IW logo ghosted behind the menu, and also the number "3" next to it!!

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w192/sonyjunkie19/codmwmainmenu.jpg

Then of course Treyarch made Call of Duty: World at War, but this time left off the sequence number, but lots of people still referred to as CoD5 though.

And noe we have Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 and I think IW are still smarting!

In this picture you can see the IW logo in the bottom right-hand corner of the game packaging and look at that, they've put a "4" next to it!! :D:D:D

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w192/sonyjunkie19/cod_mw2.jpg

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's the inhouse engine, I believe? ;) I just looked it up and MW2 used the 4.0 engine. I'm guessing MW1 used 3.0. Although without looking into it, it does look like a stab at that other company that people need to Google to find out what they're called...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    COD3 was crap. COD W@W was ok but I preferred COD4.
  • Options
    BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    Personally I didn't think any of the CoDs were crap, but MW and MW2 are clearly better than CoD3 and W@W.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,103
    Forum Member
    I've only played Modern Warfare and World at War. Thought the former was much better. Was later much surprised to hear that the latter came latterly.
  • Options
    ScooterwolfScooterwolf Posts: 2,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    World @ War is probably the best WW2 online shooter i've played.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,103
    Forum Member
    It's a lot of fun online, but I found the story part of the game to be not as good as MW. The "advance before the rest of your team whilst getting shot, stop and recover, repeat" mechanic seemed way more obvious.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrHoppy wrote: »
    It's a lot of fun online, but I found the story part of the game to be not as good as MW. The "advance before the rest of your team whilst getting shot, stop and recover, repeat" mechanic seemed way more obvious.

Don't forget that when your team did advance before you, they let everyone just run past and then you get killed cause of it...
  • Options
    BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    MrHoppy wrote: »
    The "advance before the rest of your team whilst getting shot, stop and recover, repeat" mechanic seemed way more obvious.

Ah, the good old 'invisible line' b*ll**ks....

W@W was 'alright', but CoD2 was better IMO.
  • Options
    bob_fossilbob_fossil Posts: 797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Craig // wrote: »
    That's the inhouse engine, I believe? ;)

Yep, this is correct, it refers to the game engine.
  • Options
    monkeydave68monkeydave68 Posts: 2,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

call of duty 2 was the best ww2 shooter, oh how i miss it, bring it to ps3 PLEASE
  • Options
    gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Personally launch wise it looks like Treyarch were the better developers. Did WAW need 3 patches in 3 days ??
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    call of duty 2 was the best ww2 shooter, oh how i miss it, bring it to ps3 PLEASE

yes please!!! that was the game that got me hooked on FPS games. Shame its not on the PS3 as I would buy it again.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 135
    Forum Member
    gillyallan wrote: »
    Personally launch wise it looks like Treyarch were the better developers. Did WAW need 3 patches in 3 days ??

There was never as many "host ended games" either on W@W compared to MW.
  • Options
    roland ratroland rat Posts: 13,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Infinity Ward and Treyarch should get together and either do one of the two following games

Create a new cod, all programers get together and give us arealy outstanding game

The other choice, bring some of the games cod1,2,3,4,5...as a best of the best cod, selected maps, guns, new and updated perks
  • Options
    unbiasedunbiased Posts: 725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whats the history behind cod anyway, is it true that infinity ward sold the rights to activision, or has it always been activisions and they just get who they want to make the games?
    If they sold the rights then personally i dont think they have any right to whine about it, but not sure what is true
  • Options
    grabbigrabbi Posts: 5,428
    Forum Member
    Craig // wrote: »
    That's the inhouse engine, I believe? ;) I just looked it up and MW2 used the 4.0 engine. I'm guessing MW1 used 3.0. Although without looking into it, it does look like a stab at that other company that people need to Google to find out what they're called...

I remember reading somewhere that it was Ver. 3.0 in COD4, so your theory seems correct.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i suppose if someone if putting out a sub-par product with the name of your franchise on it you might get a little annoyed ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Call of duty 2 was probably the greatest COD ever! Followed by COD4. COD Classic is great too!