iPod Nano help

gorsewaygirlgorsewaygirl Posts: 311
Forum Member
Recently purchased a new nano and copied everything from iTunes onto it. Have purchased some music this evening and want to copy it across to my ipod but it won't let me. I've reset the iPod with no joy and I have restored it (which has deleted everything) but the only way it will copy any music across now is to sync it and I wanted to manually choose which songs I wanted for myself. Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be?

Comments

• bob_fossilbob_fossil Posts: 797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    when you have your ipod connected, and itunes open - click on your ipod in the left hand navigation under devices

on the home/summary page of the ipod (info about your version etc) there should be a checkbox for 'manually manage music and videos'

that should sort you out...
  • gorsewaygirlgorsewaygirl Posts: 311
    Forum Member
    That works but only after I've synced the iPod to get all the songs onto the iPod in the first place. I can them delete all the songs I don't want I've also noticed that I can't drag any song into a playlist either - it's very weird.
  • gorsewaygirlgorsewaygirl Posts: 311
    Forum Member
    I've just tried my sons ipod as well and that is not letting me add newly purchased songs to it either - must mean it is an itunes problem :(
  • bob_fossilbob_fossil Posts: 797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sorry i cant be of more help. you might get more help:

here

or

here