Options

Garraway V Carey

TabbythecatTabbythecat Posts: 33,953
Forum Member
✭✭✭
No its not a new wrestling match I have dreamt up in the catbox, but its the latest goings on with the singer who is nutty as a bag of squirrels

Mariah Carey's representative has criticised Kate Garraway for speaking out about the singer's "diva" behaviour during a recent appearance on GMTV.

"We had Mariah Carey in the GMTV studios last week. I've heard a lot of rumours about her being a diva over the years and guess what? It's all true!

Garraway later described her encounter with Carey in New magazine, accusing the star of bringing her own toilet roll to the studio and forcing her aides to walk backwards in front of her in case she tripped.

The spokesperson added: "Every star of Mariah's calibre is surrounded by a working team and Mariah doesn't actually have any more people working with her than any other major star."

obviously protecting their highly paid position by offering corporate bullsh*t :D

Comments

• Options
    Imperfect AngelImperfect Angel Posts: 3,750
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kate is talking out of her rear! she wasn't even in the studio at the same time as Mariah :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Margo ChanningMargo Channing Posts: 5,240
    Forum Member
    I have a question. Is Ms Garraways hair on purpose?
  • Options
    CaminoCamino Posts: 13,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love Mariah she can ask for 20 white kittens if she wants
  • Options
    guy roachguy roach Posts: 284
    Forum Member
    Kate is talking out of her rear! she wasn't even in the studio at the same time as Mariah :rolleyes:

Its obvious Kate is a bitch
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Camino wrote: »

She can indeed but the fact is she didn't, the amount of stupid & blatant lies the UK press make up about her is disgusting.
    When she came to Westfields the other week the press said she demanded butterfly confetti when the truth is Westfields did their research found out she loves butterflies and asked her if she wanted them!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    guy roach wrote: »
    Its obvious Kate is a bitch

And that two faced cow Lorraine Kelly
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a question. Is Ms Garraways hair on purpose?

:D

I think La Garraway has a ongoing battle with the barnet - and generally loses.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't think of anyone on GMTV I do like
  • Options
    soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sloopy wrote: »
    :D

I think La Garraway has a ongoing battle with the barnet - and generally loses.
    Can you imagine the state it must be in when she gets up in the morning.
  • Options
    tysonstormtysonstorm Posts: 24,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Camino wrote: »

Thats the thing with Mariah fans, she could drown 20 white kittens with her bare hands and they would have nothing but praise for her.

Personally I feel both Garraway and Carey are both nobody's that shouldn't be given the time of day. :sleep:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mariah is one of the biggest selling artists of all time, hardly a nobody.
  • Options
    Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    I'm pretty sure I remember reading somewhere, possibly from Graham Norton, that Mariah doesn't actually know about half the demands that are made on her behalf, and, in all honesty, if she can get away with a few ridiculous demands good luck to her. If I was some hugely famous celeb I think I'd be tempted to see what I could ask for before somebody said 'no' - a dozen white seahorses with glasses of vodka balanced on their heads to be brought to my room immediately! :D

And no, I'm not a Mariah fan, really can't stand that style of singing
  • Options
    tysonstormtysonstorm Posts: 24,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mariah is one of the biggest selling artists of all time, hardly a nobody.

So she paints pictures? :confused:

No she is a singer. ;)

Actually you will find she is the third best-selling female singer and sixteenth overall recording singer, "of all time".

Goes to show that some people are suckered into her sh*te.

And still a nobody worth of such God-like praise.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't think of anyone on GMTV I do like

Same.

And Garraway is another long line of celebs with a useless weekly column in a magazine. :yawn:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 33
    Forum Member
    I'm wondering why Kate is commenting on it at all. She wasn't even in the studio at the time, it wasn't her interview (a bit of jealousy and focus-pulling perhaps) so all of it is based on secondhand info, not fact.

Garroway is becoming more and more like her predecessor, Fiona Phillips. Using her column to grab a couple of headlines by slagging off a much bigger celeb, increasingly cringeworthy contribution to the programme, insincere....you'd think Phillips lack of career post-GMTV would be a warning to Kate.
  • Options
    Ryan-BRyan-B Posts: 1,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    either way she is spot on

Mariah is a bitch
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What Charlie Brooker thinks of the demand of Ms Carey - perhaps not what you might think!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2009/nov/23/charlie-brooker-mariah-carey
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tysonstorm wrote: »
    So she paints pictures? :confused:

No she is a singer. ;)

Actually you will find she is the third best-selling female singer and sixteenth overall recording singer, "of all time".

Goes to show that some people are suckered into her sh*te.

And still a nobody worth of such God-like praise.

Oh please :sleep:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ryan-B wrote: »
    either way she is spot on

Mariah is a bitch

And this is based on what exactly?
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure I remember reading somewhere, possibly from Graham Norton, that Mariah doesn't actually know about half the demands that are made on her behalf, and, in all honesty, if she can get away with a few ridiculous demands good luck to her. If I was some hugely famous celeb I think I'd be tempted to see what I could ask for before somebody said 'no' - a dozen white seahorses with glasses of vodka balanced on their heads to be brought to my room immediately! :D

And no, I'm not a Mariah fan, really can't stand that style of singing

I agree AK. I can not stand Mariah as a singer and, from what I've seen of her, as a person but wouldn't it be a laugh to see just how far people are prepared to climb up your a*se? 'I would like Oxford Stret closed so I can be dropped in by diamond encrusted helicopter being flown by a pilot dressed as Jesus. I should be lowered by a 22 carat gold harness onto a pink unicorn to perform my new single along with a backing band made up of dwarves playing underwater whilst riding on dolphins'.
  • Options
    acid rainacid rain Posts: 6,997
    Forum Member
    Bringing your own toilet paper hardly counts as diva behavior, does it?

If anything it's a good idea.
  • Options
    Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im begining to think your not allowed to criticise Mariah Carey on this forum the way some of her fans jump all over those who dare say anything negative with her. There was even a very rude thread started by one of them in the music forum basically telling people they had no right to say anything bad about Mariah and that because she's a big start she can do "whatever she likes".

Well you know what, I dont care what anyone thinks. I cant stand the woman. Her music is and always has been pure dross and she sings like a strangled cat, furthermore im intrigued to know why she lies about being the biggest selling female artist in history? She's not. Madonna and Celine Dion have sold more records than her, fact.

Why would the press tell blatant lies about her? Her diva demands are well known, and several TV presentars have come forward in support of these claims.

At least since she's turned 40 she's started dressing better and stopped trying to squeeze her wobbly thighs and flabby buttocks into pairs of hotpants three sizes too small.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    acid rain wrote: »
    Bringing your own toilet paper hardly counts as diva behavior, does it?

If anything it's a good idea.

I'd carry my own portable toilet if I could!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im begining to think your not allowed to criticise Mariah Carey on this forum the way some of her fans jump all over those who dare say anything negative with her. There was even a very rude thread started by one of them in the music forum basically telling people they had no right to say anything bad about Mariah and that because she's a big start she can do "whatever she likes".

Well you know what, I dont care what anyone thinks. I cant stand the woman. Her music is and always has been pure dross and she sings like a strangled cat, furthermore im intrigued to know why she lies about being the biggest selling female artist in history? She's not. Madonna and Celine Dion have sold more records than her, fact.

Why would the press tell blatant lies about her? Her diva demands are well known, and several TV presentars have come forward in support of these claims.

At least since she's turned 40 she's started dressing better and stopped trying to squeeze her wobbly thighs and flabby buttocks into pairs of hotpants three sizes too small.

I don’t care if you think her music is crap or that she’s a bad singer cos at the end of the day I love her and that’s all that matters. However what I can’t stand is when people spew utter garbage about her which is untrue and believe the tabloid bs cos they can’t think for themselves.
    The press are notorious liars, scaremongers etc etc they make up outlandish stuff about celebs because they know how gullible the public are. And which presenters have come forward to support these claims? apart from Lorraine Kelly who is known for being a two faced cow.
  • Options
    Squealer_MahonySquealer_Mahony Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    Im begining to think your not allowed to criticise Mariah Carey on this forum
    Don't be so melodramatic, you're "allowed" to criticise whoever you like but people are "allowed" to stick up for that person and dispute your critisism. If you think they are over the top, ignore em.
    Well you know what, I dont care what anyone thinks. I cant stand the woman.
    Good for you!! That felt good didnt it??
    Well done!

It's perfectly ok to not stand someone, I can't stand loads of celebs and I will say so and like you I don't care what anyone thinks either, thats what a forum is for!!

furthermore im intrigued to know why she lies about being the biggest selling female artist in history? She's not. Madonna and Celine Dion have sold more records than her, fact.

How does she lie about it?
    It's not like she goes around shouting it from the roof tops.

I personally would imagine that Celine Dion and Madonna would have sold more records than her.
    They've also been in the music industry making albums and singles a good ten years longer than Mariah. I believe Celine released her first album when she was aged 9!

I don't understand all this best selling, biggest selling, fastest selling artist stuff personally.

Like if one artist has 15 albums that each sell five million, and another has five albums out that each sell ten million who is the "best seller"?

In any case I don't think Mariah goes around "lying" as you put it in that way.

I do agree with your summary of her dress sense tho