What do till operators/waiters/shopkeepers do to annoy you?

gmphmacgmphmac Posts: 2,212
Forum Member
✭✭✭
So, let's hear it from the customer's perspective ;)

I hate it when you're in a cafe giving your order, and the waiter/waitress says "anything else?" after you've previously said "that's all, thank you" :eek:

Comments

• crazychris12crazychris12 Posts: 26,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Till operators asking if you'd like a mobile top-up. Yes I know their boss has told them to ask this but if I want a top-up I'd ask for one okay!
  • ĐironaĐirona Posts: 15,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nothing, they're fine
  • AzagothAzagoth Posts: 10,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "You want fries or a drink with that?" No, if I wanted fries or a bloody drink I'd have ordered them, wouldn't I?
  • Wayne DibblyWayne Dibbly Posts: 3,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dislike it when the staff ignore me and chat to each other while checking out my purchases, Complete ignorance and bad manners.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,304
    Forum Member
    There was some weird directive a year ago for Sainsburys till operators to talk to you. I mean, Grrr!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When they stop me leaving the shop with my free stuff

When they stop me helping myself to the free money from the till.

Who do they think they are I'm a customer damnit!
  • solarflaresolarflare Posts: 22,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt it's stuff they do to annoy you. It's mostly probably stuff they are told to do that annoys some people, which is a bit different ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 466
    Forum Member
    I work in customer service myself so I have experience from both perspectives, and we do always have to put the customer first. I think working in that environment you tend to pick up on recieving bad service a lot more as you know how much you have to concentrate on it in your own job and the thing I hate the most is when the person serving you spends the whole time gabbing to their colleague about non work related stuff like what theyre doing at the weekend/how p*ssed they were last night/who theyre going out with as if you werent there, or even worse, when they know youve heard what theyre saying and try to join you in on the conversation like your interested.
  • Nine Bob NoteNine Bob Note Posts: 3,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I used the toilets in Sainsbury's y'day at no point did any member of staff offer to wipe my arse.
  • RubricalRubrical Posts: 2,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jennymoo wrote: »
    When they stop me leaving the shop with my "free stuff"

When they stop me helping myself to the "free money" from the till.

Who do they think they are I'm a customer damnit!

Ha ha! Yeah, so rude! I tried this the other day I couldn't believe the cheek when they threatened to call the police!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tell them you'll write to head office. They'll offer to carry your loot to the car for you.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,304
    Forum Member
    No, they'll quote health & safety. They don't give them an outside uniform and they might catch a cold or stub their toe.
  • ChibiCandiChibiCandi Posts: 966
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My main problem is with security guards at boots. Two branches have really anooying ones who just follow me around!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A gentle nudge with the barrel of your gun should convince them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 466
    Forum Member
    ChibiCandi wrote: »
    My main problem is with security guards at boots. Two branches have really anooying ones who just follow me around!!

Me too!! We must look the type haha. Only messing.

My sister went to Superdrug a few days ago and heard the security guard say to an assistant "watch her" and pointed at my sister. If that was me i'd of said something, asked him did he want to come walk me round and hold my basket or something.
  • Zero gravitasZero gravitas Posts: 12,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They take my money!!!:mad::D

Other than that, nothing. They have a job to do that I wouldn't have the patience for.
  • ChibiCandiChibiCandi Posts: 966
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    loulou58 wrote: »
    Me too!! We must look the type haha. Only messing.

My sister went to Superdrug a few days ago and heard the security guard say to an assistant "watch her" and pointed at my sister. If that was me i'd of said something, asked him did he want to come walk me round and hold my basket or something.
    That would tip me over the edge !!! I wouldnt go berserk but id call him out on it. I swear the worst ones are ones that havent to do anything interesting in ages.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Having a good gossip on the phone while i'm wating to be served.

It's rude, and annoying