Do you like (or hate) the long daylight hours at this time of year?

Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
Forum Member
✭✭
I love them personally, much better than the short winter days with sunset at 4pm.

Comments

• HaloJoeHaloJoe Posts: 13,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love them personally, much better than the short winter days with sunset at 4pm.

Yep, exactly the same view.

Although when i do 'all nighters' on here or wherever, i don't like it getting light at 4am.
  • kaiserbeekaiserbee Posts: 4,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Same here - its nearly half past nine in the evening and still lovely and light.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They don't bother me this year.
  • November_RainNovember_Rain Posts: 9,145
    Forum Member
    I love them but they don't seem to last long enough compared to the shorter days.
  • CaldariCaldari Posts: 5,890
    Forum Member
    Love 'em. In fact I'm currently sat outside in the garden, enjoying a few tankards of mead and watching the bats flitting around after insects. Couldn't do that a few months back.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    no i hate the light nights as it ruins my viewing of horror films..it has to be very dark lol
  • venusinflaresvenusinflares Posts: 4,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    striing wrote: »
    Love it. But I also like the snow.

I pretty much like anything apart from the rain and wind. :D

Same here but I don't mind wind and rain separately, it's when they are together that I hate! That's the real misery weather.
  • pinkyponk34pinkyponk34 Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It would be illogical to have a hatred of a recognised annual event that humankind has no control over .

Words fail me.
    Forum Member
    Same here but I don't mind wind and rain separately, it's when they are together that I hate! That's the real misery weather.

Thats because we need to buy yet another umbrella :mad: they brake in the wind
  • Stiffy78Stiffy78 Posts: 26,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like the light evenings but I hate those bloody birds waking me up at 4 in the morning.
  • mebiscuitmebiscuit Posts: 327
    Forum Member
    I hear Transylvania is nice at this time of year!
  • Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't mind going to a place which gets 24 hour daylight at this time of year. That must be a strange experience for those who aren't used to it.
  • bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love them, especially the mornings.
  • DolphinusDolphinus Posts: 245
    Forum Member
    another repeated thread:rolleyes:. I refer you to the answer I gave when I first joined
  • Rip the TV EyeRip the TV Eye Posts: 1,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was happy with the dark mornings and evenings as they have a cosy feel to them.

However, it's a lot easier waking up in the morning when it's light.
  • benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love love love these light evenings. Already dreading getting to the longest day and watching the evenings lessen.
  • Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dolphinus wrote: »
    another repeated thread:rolleyes:. I refer you to the answer I gave when I first joined

I can't remember what I posted in some threads yesterday, never mind further back than then.:D
  • AcornatiAcornati Posts: 606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like the late light nights but wish it was light at 6am rather than 4am.
  • benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dolphinus wrote: »

So jaded already. Threads here are like seasons, they are repetitive and predictable .
  • Aarghawasp!Aarghawasp! Posts: 6,205
    Forum Member
    Love the light nights and mornings, I feel the SAD melting away. I'm not a sun worshipper though, 15/16C and blue sky is ideal for me.
  • muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It would be illogical to have a hatred of a recognised annual event that humankind has no control over .

Words fail me.
    Humankind does have control over it, seeing as we decided that clocks would go back and forth at various times of the year. There have even been Government discussions about keeping the same times all year round.

Personally, I dislike them purely because it's so hard to get my daughter to sleep - no matter whether I use blackout blinds or not - when it's still light. I know a lot of parents have the same problem. Kids tend to think it's daytime if it's light.
  • AoibheannRoseAoibheannRose Posts: 1,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hate them with a passion, I love the darkness and coldness of winter. Can't wait until June 22nd, when the evenings start getting shorter again.
  • Paul237Paul237 Posts: 8,654
    Forum Member
    Love it! I also like being awake on clear sunny mornings when the sun rises at 4:30am because it's so peaceful. Surreal, but in a good way.
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    Thats because we need to buy yet another umbrella :mad: they brake in the wind

You run your umbrella on wheels-or is there another typo, and your umbrella's been eating lots of beans...?
    Forum Member
    You run your umbrella on wheels-or is there another typo, and your umbrella's been eating lots of beans...?

lol yea a typo :o