.:The Only The Young Appreciation Thread:.

Comments

• aliyah101aliyah101 Posts: 13,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So disappointed for them :(:(

However, Ella was eliminated in week 7 remember that!
  • Gambit_is_aceGambit_is_ace Posts: 9,458
    Forum Member
    aliyah101 wrote: »

that's exactly what i was thinking ( i just made a thread about it )
  • NathanScottNathanScott Posts: 743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Confession here on this thread that no one reads:

I always accepted X Factor manipulation. I watch the show for what it is: this contrived and ridiculous mess.

I can't stand Stevi and I don't believe in votes of protest. But I will vote for him for tomorrow, hoping that somehow Stereo Kicks are gone. Nothing against them, it's just that this Cowell god-complex is going too far. He can't make that sucessful.

The only time I will vote in protest, although I've stood against it, will be today.
  • xeoxeo Posts: 6,429
    Forum Member
    Confession here on this thread that no one reads:

I always accepted X Factor manipulation. I watch the show for what it is: this contrived and ridiculous mess.

I can't stand Stevi and I don't believe in votes of protest. But I will vote for him for tomorrow, hoping that somehow Stereo Kicks are gone. Nothing against them, it's just that this Cowell god-complex is going too far. He can't make that sucessful.

The only time I will vote in protest, although I've stood against it, will be today.

I'm the same as you. I'm not going to bother watching anymore, I don't care about any of the contestants and the manipulation has gone way too far for me. But I'll vote for Stevi not only as a protest vote but also because he seems genuinely lovely.

ETA: Also decided to give 2 to Lauren, as I fear she's in danger tomorrow and they'll be willing to sacrifice her for the octogroup.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 175
    Forum Member
    Ben will now be getting all my votes :/ after him - Operation Stevi
  • Amanda_RaymondAmanda_Raymond Posts: 2,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My 10 votes tomorrow now go to Lauren
  • annie24601annie24601 Posts: 3,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't think I can be arsed watching any more TBH, but I will vote for Stevi too
    Forum Member
    I'm loving the support they have from people in the industry on Twitter.
  • aliyah101aliyah101 Posts: 13,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    xeo wrote: »
    I'm loving the support they have from people in the industry on Twitter.

Oh? who has tweeted them?
    Forum Member
    Oh? who has tweeted them?

Matt from Collabro (BGT winners), S Club 7, Nathan from The Wanted all tweeted them tonight. Thought it was nice.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gutted!!:(:cry: ,no way they should have left!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 137
    Forum Member
    Great little group.

Hope they mange to find somebody decent to work with post-X Factor. There's a tonne of potential there if the can find the right people to help them realise it.
  • Byrons_GobletByrons_Goblet Posts: 254
    Forum Member
    I'll definitely be keeping an eye on them and will buy their album should they get a record deal.
  • snoweyowlsnoweyowl Posts: 1,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sad exit, they should have gone further. But that's X Factor for you, the voting always favours ballad singers so Ben goes through despite singing a dirge. OTY could have done better with their number though. A bit of a nothing song methinks and keeping the buskerish arrangement didn't help either.

And of course the disaffected supporters of other acts are now voting for Stevi as a 'protest'. Perhaps OTY fans might follow, it would be hugely amusing if Stevi was to win.

We haven't seen the last of OTY. I'm sure that they will become the most successful of this years comp. Bring on that first albumn full of fun, entertaing songs like Monster Mash, I Wanna be like You, Rockin Robin, The Locomotion etc.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Though I am gutted they left,they really didn't deserve to be last in the voting last night especially over Stevie but I think they still have the potential to do well after the show and they are on the XF tour which is huge for them.
    Forum Member
    recently came across the group Karmin. I can really see OTY releasing stuff like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3SbIJI8sqk
  • Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 83,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They better do! This isn't the end of Only the Young - let the manufactured octogroup have their 5 minutes.

Indeed, the members of OTY have known eachother and been friends for years. They will undoubtedly continue performing together for many years yet.

Indeed, this is a good precedent. Not only has Ella had her no 1 with Ghost, but it is one of my favourite songs of the year! :)
    Matt from Collabro (BGT winners), S Club 7, Nathan from The Wanted all tweeted them tonight. Thought it was nice.

I liked S Club 7 and also prefer the Wanted to other boybands. So their endorsement of OTY is encouraging! :):)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mikey sings with some crazy psychic backstage :D
    http://youtu.be/o5GQ6JAH5yQ
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    INNUENDO BINGO TOMORROW. BBC Radio 1.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Innuendo Bingo is out http://youtu.be/bJDy2DweFHw

A good one.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Innuendo Bingo is out http://youtu.be/bJDy2DweFHw

A good one.

so funny.
    Forum Member
    brilliant! Hope Scott Mills enjoyed them on their show, he's a very popular DJ so it would be good for them to have him as a fan.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    brilliant! Hope Scott Mills enjoyed them on their show, he's a very popular DJ so it would be good for them to have him as a fan.

Yup. He and Chris Stark got that Only The Young Shouty Man video to reach 2 million views on Facebook alone.
    Forum Member
    Show wasn't the same without them :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 162
    Forum Member
    Who is missing them on the stage at this point? :(:( , so gutted...

Go watch their performance of an original song called "Into You". It is so catchy and potentially decent for their single. I saw a song called something like "Go Get Your Guitar" as well on their twitcam video and it's really quirky yet good!!!! I hope they will really get the record deal they've been dreaming for. I