CS: Who is looking forward to Sarah's return?

camy934camy934 Posts: 1,821
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I am. She was a great character in her original stint. It will be interesting to see how they now portray her character as a mother with a teenage daughter rather than a young child.

It also opens up the possibility for more storylines outside of the Platt unit. I can't wait to see her interactions with Todd :D.

I also hope she gives Kylie what for when she returns ^_^^_^

Comments

• MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,127
    Forum Member
    I am! She's one of those characters that just is Coronation Street.

The Platts are in fine form at the moment. Always a delight when Gail is driving the ship.
  • QueenAmyQueenAmy Posts: 3,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I may actually tune in, when does she come back?
  • Hank1234Hank1234 Posts: 3,756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    About as much as my next bowel movement
  • lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Corrie is awful at present, but Sarah Lou's return is something positive about the show. Sarah is a big Coronation Street character, and although the Platt drama isn't that great ATM, the family does have pretty much all of it's members now.

It was wild child Bethany who I wasn't really looking forward to and Friday nights episode proved why:).

Sarah will be great, as long as Blackburn has a good direction for the character to go in. He has destroyed Todd and Liz, so who's to say he won't destroy Sarah. Sleeping with Callum and arguing with Todd and Jason doesn't fill me with much optimism, but we'll wait and see how it pans out...

To answer the question, yes I'm quite looking forward to it!
  • GrannyGruntbuckGrannyGruntbuck Posts: 3,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think I would rather eat a bowl of vomit.

She was a very annoying, irritating character with a stupid sounding voice.
  • GracieLGracieL Posts: 4,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am! I can't wait to have all the Platts back together, it's been well over a decade :D

Be interesting to see how Sarah reacts to Kylie.
  • Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope they give Sarah-Lou a better script than they gave to Bethany, whose entry to the street would have been laughable if it was not so OTT.
  • Maria_RobinsonMaria_Robinson Posts: 3,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well lets hope she has improved her acting skills while she has been away as I remember her as a wooden anedoidal moaner. I cant really see the point of her returning apart to as usual get a job in the Rovers and bed half the men in the Street under 60.
  • SoapAddict99SoapAddict99 Posts: 688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hank1234 wrote: »
    About as much as my next bowel movement

This :D
  • PDS1985PDS1985 Posts: 29,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I'm looking forward to Sarah's return. :)
  • FM LoverFM Lover Posts: 50,824
    Forum Member
    Yes I am, the Platt's are becoming a very strong family unit now, one of the biggest on the Street.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 285
    Forum Member
    I am!! It will be great to see her again!
  • LMLM Posts: 63,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am nervous because she's one of my all time fav characters. They put her through hell in her first stint and Tina always blew it out the park. Now she is grown up, I want to see where Sarah is in her life, especially as her daughter is now a teeanger. But considering the state Corrie is in, I am worried they may bundle her with crap storylines. Especially as I hear they are pairing her up with Camp Callum.
  • boogie woogieboogie woogie Posts: 16,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure. She was actually quite an unlikeable and selfish character during her final few months on the Street back in 2007, plus her exit was very disappointing for such a once iconic character. I'm hoping that we'll see some illuminating conversations between her and Bethany that'll shed some light on the nature of their relationship. From what I've heard so far, though, I'm not hopeful about the lazy direction for her so far: barmaid at the Rovers, sleeping with Callum zzzz
  • hachimanhachiman Posts: 362
    Forum Member
    QueenAmy wrote: »
    I may actually tune in, when does she come back?

30th March.
  • SparkoSparko Posts: 187
    Forum Member
    I'd have thought she'd be more suited to work in the factory, but maybe that'd clash with the role they're trying to give Alya.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sparko wrote: »
    I'd have thought she'd be more suited to work in the factory, but maybe that'd clash with the role they're trying to give Alya.

I could see Sarah working at the bistro.
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think I would rather eat a bowl of vomit.

She was a very annoying, irritating character with a stupid sounding voice.

Agreed!

And :D, Hank1234
  • CatmittensCatmittens Posts: 1,507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure. She was actually quite an unlikeable and selfish character during her final few months on the Street back in 2007, plus her exit was very disappointing for such a once iconic character. I'm hoping that we'll see some illuminating conversations between her and Bethany that'll shed some light on the nature of their relationship. From what I've heard so far, though, I'm not hopeful about the lazy direction for her so far: barmaid at the Rovers, sleeping with Callum zzzz

I doubt it - we still haven't found out what exactly happened to Todd in London to turn him so negative, nor did we get the full picture of what Dennis had been up to in 40 years away from Weatherfield, etc etc etc
  • GoinGagaGoinGaga Posts: 3,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the character peaked during the pregnancy reveal scene; and that was mainly due to the look on Gail's face :D
  • notdebbiedinglenotdebbiedingle Posts: 45,817
    Forum Member

Yes agree with this!! She changed for the worse & became a screeching self obsessed pain in the a**e during her last year so unless they've changed her from that then no, I definitely aren't looking forward to her return!!!
  • Belpry_1Belpry_1 Posts: 3,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It will be interesting to see the dynamics of all the Platts together for the first time in decades! Can't wait to see what her & Kylie make of each other as sister-in-laws because I don't think they've even met yet?
  • FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    Belpry_1 wrote: »
    It will be interesting to see the dynamics of all the Platts together for the first time in decades! Can't wait to see what her & Kylie make of each other as sister-in-laws because I don't think they've even met yet?

That;s an interesting one cos I always assumed Kylie was Sarah's replacement.
  • cardiff boyocardiff boyo Posts: 3,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I grew up with Sarah so I am looking forward to her return but I am more interested in seeing how this affects Gail and Audrey. As funny as dippy Gail has been, her BSA win last year reminded me how great dramatic Gail is and as far as her children go Sarah seems to bring this out in her. As for Audrey she is the head of a family that includes Gail and Michael, David and Kylie, Nick, Max and Lily, Bethany and potentially Andy and Steph.. if anyone qualifies as a Corrie matriarch its our Audrey and this will hopefully equal more screen time for the legend
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I want to see what they are going to do with her