Options

What is the creepiest thing to have ever happened to you? (Part 2)

Comments

• Options
    ChocolateCheeseChocolateCheese Posts: 3,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dreaming about being in a Beatrix Potter story and get to meet Miss Tiggywinkle right at the end of the dream.
  • Options
    UnlikelyHeroineUnlikelyHeroine Posts: 1,524
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a great thread to read before bed?! :o

I wouldn't call it creepy, because I think she was trying to tell me things in a nice way, but I was quite scared when my mum's dad came to see me after she died. She sat on the end of my bed and talked to me but she said things I didn't understand, and I was frightened because I knew she was dead. I asked her to go and leave me alone and she did. I was only little. I feel bad I told her to go :(

I meant dad's mum! D'oh.
  • Options
    NightFox_DancerNightFox_Dancer Posts: 14,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I meant dad's mum! D'oh.

I was going to ask if your grandfather was a transsexual by any chance. :D

That's a rather nice story though.
  • Options
    fizzle90fizzle90 Posts: 6,467
    Forum Member
    Reading this thread while working alone is not a good idea! However I am now fully up to date and would politely request that the experiences keep on coming! Unfortunately (or fortunately!) I have nothing to contribute myself but as I have found so many times before, this thread is like a drug. Once you start you just have to work your way through it until the end!
  • Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,507
    Forum Member
    What a great thread to read before bed?! :o

I wouldn't call it creepy, because I think she was trying to tell me things in a nice way, but I was quite scared when my mum's dad came to see me after she died. She sat on the end of my bed and talked to me but she said things I didn't understand, and I was frightened because I knew she was dead. I asked her to go and leave me alone and she did. I was only little. I feel bad I told her to go :(

Wowsers! Creepy but comforting.

But don't feel bad - it's easy to see why you'd be frightened.
  • Options
    hazy-dayshazy-days Posts: 743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    attitude99 wrote: »
    I started talking to this person from school a few months back & she said that she was going to meet her best friend on the weekend. I asked who this friend was & she gave me the name. For some reason I recognised the first name but not the surname. I typed this persons name into Facebook, clicked on the profile picture & recognised the face. Now, this person does not go to the same school as me or my friend, & she is one year older than me & my friend, so at the time she would have been 16. I messaged her & said that I recognised her, she said the same. I then told her that I remember seeing her at my house, she thought this was a little odd so I sent her a picture of my house & she said she recognised it & she recalls visiting the house at some point aswell.

It's weird because, my brother & sister are both 27 & 25 so they wouldn't know her & I only knew her through my friend, but somehow I can remember her coming to my house & I can remember quite distinctively that she walked around the house & stood on the driveway.

I can't think of an explanation for this & it is the truth. I've asked my sister about it but she doesn't know anything about it.

I have had a similar experience but can't fill in the details like that. Went to the doctors a few years back and it was a GP's name I didn't recognise but upon walking into the room she looked at me and said "do I know you" and the weirdest thing was I felt like I knew her too. We compared ages, schools etc but she was from out of the area and we couldn't think how we could possibly know one another. We moved on but it bothered me the entire appointment and I've thought about it a few times since. How we could both feel so strongly that we'd met before but neither one of us have any explanation of it. It was a very strange feeling.
  • Options
    Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bump.
  • Options
    Nowhere DanNowhere Dan Posts: 1,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thankfully I have had few creepy experiences in my life, that I can recall right now anyway. Here's one I already had written up. I don't find it creepy now looking back, having grown out of a childhood fear of the dark, and considering the artistic beauty of the 'visitor'.

I was somewhere round 8-10 yrs old. My bedroom was being redecorated, so I was moved into the spare room for a few nights. I woke in the middle of the night to see a large doorway shape - a block of misty light in a large rectangle - hovering just out from the back wall facing me in bed. As I watched, the sides of the shape melted away until all that was left was the shape of a ballerina, all made up of that light - like a inverted silhouette, spinning in a pirouette, hands clasped gracefully with arms outstretched above her head. As she spun, she began moving slowly towards me in the bed. I yelled out to my parents, and I could see her spinning until the time that my Dad ran down the long corridor, in to the room and turned on the light. He never saw what I saw.

I was brave and curious enough to return to the room the next night. Again I woke to the doorway shape, but this time I remembered that there was a light switch beside my bed, and so I switched on the light and went and slept on the floor beside my parents' bed.

When we were able to visit my childhood home a few years ago, part of me wanted to ask the new owners if they had seen anything strange in that room. But it had become a child's permanent bedroom, and so I kept quiet so as not to scare the little one and family.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bump.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bump.
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Around Christmas time, I became obsessed with buying and hanging strings of 'fairy' lights in my flat, they looked cosy and twinkly. I put a strand up on my bookshelf and took a few hanging ornaments down to make it less cluttery, and stored them away.

A couple of weeks ago, I suddenly noticed that my pottery fish ornament that had been hanging there since I'd had it, was missing. I bought it in Tunisia, where my late husband came from, and it's the sort of thing I would always leave out, because I like it so much. I just thought that I must have taken it down when I put the lights up, but couldn't remember doing so.

I looked everywhere. As I have (genuine) OCD and everything has to have its place, I was really puzzled as to where I'd put it.

Last week, I went into my husband's room to get something else off of his windowsill, pulled the curtain back, and there was my fish! It was right at the other end of the ledge, where I couldn't reach it even by leaning, because a large heavy chair is in front of it and I had to move it out to reach the ornament!

Never would I have put it there, no way - I couldn't even have done it without furniture shifting, and there's no way I did that!

I have no idea how it got there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bump.
  • Options
    NorwoodCemeteryNorwoodCemetery Posts: 1,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    During a visit to a school in Wandsworth a few years ago, I was in the maintenance staff office when I overheard someone on the phone say "I've always been the caretaker..."

Almost exactly like the creepy guy in The Shining. Blood ran cold, briefly,
  • Options
    NRGNRG Posts: 3,149
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Creepiest thing to have happened to me in a long time happened just the other day. A mate of mine suggested I download the 'Appy Droid Spirit Box' app on my phone. Naturally I asked what the heck is a spirit box to be told it's an alleged communication device with the dead. I was like "yeah right whatever, such a load of balls" the answer I got back was "just download it, then ridicule". So being the inquisitive type I though, "ah well I'll give it a go, it's free anyway so nothing to lose".

I download the app and tweaked a few settings and started talking to my phone asking questions like somebody on coke, and I'll be honest I was surprised at the outcome. In a nutshell what this device does is play random snippets of worldwide IP based radio stations talk in real time.

A few questiosn I asked were as follows.... I asked where I lived ("Ireland" was the reply), asked how many 'spirits' were here ("11" was the reply), asked the name of one spirit I was speaking with ("John" was the reply), I asked "did you say John? ("yes" was the reply), asked any spirit to name me (my first name was spoken), asked where I will go when I die ("burn" was the reply), and that was the straw which broke the camel's back, **** that! I removed the app at once.

I found it hard to believe in spiritual communications until the past week, now I'm not so sure. May my poor Dad turn in his grave if I'm telling a lie, the above happened to me the past week and the answers given were given in real time immediately after questions. I didn't get answers to every question, just certain questions. And I would like an explanation because I'm damned if I can answer it, and no, I don't drink nor take drugs.
  • Options
    The Alpha GamerThe Alpha Gamer Posts: 3,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NRG3764 wrote:
    Creepiest thing to have happened to me in a long time happened just the other day. A mate of mine suggested I download the 'Appy Droid Spirit Box' app on my phone. Naturally I asked what the heck is a spirit box to be told it's an alleged communication device with the dead. I was like "yeah right whatever, such a load of balls" the answer I got back was "just download it, then ridicule". So being the inquisitive type I though, "ah well I'll give it a go, it's free anyway so nothing to lose".

I download the app and tweaked a few settings and started talking to my phone asking questions like somebody on coke, and I'll be honest I was surprised at the outcome. In a nutshell what this device does is play random snippets of worldwide IP based radio stations talk in real time.

A few questiosn I asked were as follows.... I asked where I lived ("Ireland" was the reply), asked how many 'spirits' were here ("11" was the reply), asked the name of one spirit I was speaking with ("John" was the reply), I asked "did you say John? ("yes" was the reply), asked any spirit to name me (my first name was spoken), asked where I will go when I die ("burn" was the reply), and that was the straw which broke the camel's back, **** that! I removed the app at once.

I found it hard to believe in spiritual communications until the past week, now I'm not so sure. May my poor Dad turn in his grave if I'm telling a lie, the above happened to me the past week and the answers given were given in real time immediately after questions. I didn't get answers to every question, just certain questions. And I would like an explanation because I'm damned if I can answer it, and no, I don't drink nor take drugs.

i would say it was looking for certain key words or phrases. You asked "where", it gave you a place, you asked "how many", it gave you a number. Of course that doesn't explain how it knew your name...
  • Options
    Mountain_RunnerMountain_Runner Posts: 1,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    4 years of continual bad luck since 2011 :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Bump!

My office is located in a beautiful, three-storey Georgian mid-terrace that started life as a bakery. I've never experienced anything creepy there, but several colleagues have heard and seen things (what, I don't know) that have lead them to joke about a resident grey lady who haunts the place ...

It's got the most peaceful, soothing atmosphere, so whatever (if anything) is there must be bringing good energy.
  • Options
    chloedancerchloedancer Posts: 6,486
    Forum Member
    many people have linked other threads on different sites to do with paranormal conversation.........im just wondering if anyone knows of any sites where people chat about "real" experiences.
  • Options
    btb23btb23 Posts: 325
    Forum Member
    I've had a few strange experiences, one of the ones that I can't explain only came to light about 5 years ago. When I was very young my parents moved into a new house. The memory I have of going with them the first time with the keys before moving in has always been with me. We were with my grandparents, there were no roads or pavements, and no front garden so we went straight to the front door, instead of down the path by the side of the house and turning along the front to get to the door. I was being carried.

Inside the house was empty, downstairs the floor was a solid hard surface and black. The builders or painters had left a long thin plank behind in one room, and my granddad said if that's still there after we've moved in he'll saw it in half and make a bench to sit on in the back garden.

And that's about it. It was the home we lived in for the next ten years, the plank was left and granddad made it into a garden seat, supported by bricks at each end. We always had the floor covered, with carpet and lino, so as a child I never saw the floor surface underneath, and of course as the front garden and privet hedge were established you couldn't walk straight up to the front door any more.

A nice memory as a child that stayed with me, especially the bit about my granddad.

I was chatting with my mum just a few years ago, and now 50 years older, we were reminiscing and I told her about the day we went to look at the new house. She said everything I told her was correct, but I couldn't have remembered it because I was only six weeks old when we moved in. I would have been five weeks old that day they first got the keys and went to view it.

When she said that I went cold, I knew I was young, but not that young. I had no idea I would have only been a few weeks old when we moved in, and it scared me that I knew that day so clearly.

I told my older brother (4 years older), who was there but doesn't remember it, and he just ridiculed me and he told me it had to be a false memory. I've thought about this a lot since and read up on false memories and believe mine to be genuine. It isn't a recently 'remembered' experience, its one a few memories that I've always had from being young. He says mum or dad told me and 'planted' the memory early on. I don't think it is, my dad did once tell me that the area where we lived was farmland before our estate was built, and as a child I couldn't see how farmland could become a housing estate. I didn't have the imagination to see the area before it was built up, it was confusing to think about. Our parents didn't usually tell us things like that, I asked my mum if she ever told me, and as far as she knows she didn't. My dad has died so I can't ask him.

I knew what the house looked like inside empty, that the floor was black and solid under the carpet, what it looked like outside before the garden was established, and where the the plank that made the garden bench came from. I don't believe I could have imagined and created these images by being told about it sometime later.

The strangest thing is though, aside from those images, is how did I understand what my granddad said? A very clear part of the visit to the house that day was about him, I knew what he said and what he meant.

I've tried to understand this and can't. It will remain a mystery to me till the day I die.

I've read a lot of this thread, not all of it, does anyone else have early memories?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    many people have linked other threads on different sites to do with paranormal conversation.........im just wondering if anyone knows of any sites where people chat about "real" experiences.

Reddit has a fair few - try googling 'creepiest experience reddit'. Some of them have the odd ghostly encounter, but there's a lot of ones about everyday creeps they've experienced.
  • Options
    FairyFeet1964FairyFeet1964 Posts: 510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know if you would call it creepy but as a child my bedroom joined directly onto another bedroom which was basically a nursery room I shared my room with my sister and my little brother was in the nursery, I would often wake at night and look in on the nursery and talk to the lady who was sitting there sewing she was very kind and would watch over my brother as he slept and would make sure I was ok before I was tucked back into bed. I always assumed her to be a relative or family friend but when I asked my Mom what's the name of the lady in black who sits watching us at night? She just stared at me and said no one sits with you... Which was all the more strange when the lady carried on visiting me.

I can't recall when she stopped and you could say it was my imagination but my Mom remembers me bringing up the conversation - she has always considered it to be my guardian angel.

On a side note I have been able to see from a very young age - something which I always attributed to the lady as she used to let me help her - I even made my own wedding dress. I don't have any explanation I don't think I want one to me as a child she was real and if she appeared to me today I wouldn't be scared in the slightest.
  • Options
    TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,417
    Forum Member
    Bump!

My office is located in a beautiful, three-storey Georgian mid-terrace that started life as a bakery. I've never experienced anything creepy there, but several colleagues have heard and seen things (what, I don't know) that have lead them to joke about a resident grey lady who haunts the place ...

It's got the most peaceful, soothing atmosphere, so whatever (if anything) is there must be bringing good energy.

Sometimes unnerving events are associated with particular buildings or with the previous, now demolished, premises that were on site in the past such as this incident here http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showpost.php?p=45609280&postcount=323. I assume that the previous use of a building or former building on the site, such as a prison or asylum, would having a bearing on just how many strange things occurred.
  • Options
    Loz KernowLoz Kernow Posts: 2,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is more of a strange coincidence than creepy.

A friend borrowed our flat-pack cot for a couple of years until her child started sleeping in a bed. On the very day that my friend returned the cot I received a phone call from a lady who said "I'm ringing about the cot you're advertising for sale in the Wiltshire Times". I explained that I hadn't placed an advert but I did have a cot I no longer needed.

It turned out she'd misdialled the phone number printed in our local paper. She came to see our cot - which we assembled for her - and she bought it!

It happened years ago but it still gives me a weird feeling :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loz Kernow wrote: »
    This is more of a strange coincidence than creepy.

A friend borrowed our flat-pack cot for a couple of years until her child started sleeping in a bed. On the very day that my friend returned the cot I received a phone call from a lady who said "I'm ringing about the cot you're advertising for sale in the Wiltshire Times". I explained that I hadn't placed an advert but I did have a cot I no longer needed.

It turned out she'd misdialled the phone number printed in our local paper. She came to see our cot - which we assembled for her - and she bought it!

It happened years ago but it still gives me a weird feeling :confused:

That stories cot a really creepy vibe.
  • Options
    VersaillesVersailles Posts: 1,924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What happened to me was creepy, but could have ended much worse than it did. And only a coincidence saved me. I dont remember it, thankfully.

I was four years old, and playing outside in a big city. This was in 1971.

My aunt, who was 17 at the time had gone home early from school because she was not feeling well. The school was at the other side of the town, and she had to take a different bus home than she usually did.

At the bus stop she saw a man walking fast by carrying a little girl. She immediately regognized me as the little girl, and asked the man who he was and what he was doing with her niece.

He answered that he had just wanted to take me for a walk, and that my aunt could have me back. She grabbed me and we got safely home.

Turns out, he had taken me from outside my house, and had already got far away when my aunt spotted me.

Had she not been ill that day, I dread to think the outcome.