Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When you start worrying about WHERE you last had your bowels opened :D

PMSL!!:D:D:D:o
  • bri160356bri160356 Posts: 5,147
    Forum Member
    bri160356 wrote: »
    :D:D:D

I first started listening to Alice Cooper when I was a teeneager.......and I still do occasionally;

.....can’t decide if it makes me feel young.... or very old. :confused::cry:
    Take heart that Alice himself is still going, so never too old to be a rocker.

Thanks for that my friend;.....really appreciate it. :)

I might be an ‘old rocker’, but at least I’m not ‘off my rocker’........not yet anyway!
  • Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member
    Not me yet & I hope never, but my Mum buys a TV Guide every week then spends an hour going through it with a highlighter pen to mark her week's viewing.
  • Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    Not me yet & I hope never, but my Mum buys a TV Guide every week then spends an hour going through it with a highlighter pen to mark her week's viewing.

Mine does that and then only watches ITV :confused:
  • SemieroticSemierotic Posts: 11,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Wizard wrote: »
    You know you're getting old when you just don't see the fascination with Ed Sheeran.

I don't think that's just old people.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    When you start worrying about WHERE you last had your bowels opened :D
    Sounds like something Hannibal Lecter would do to you
  • duckyluckyduckylucky Posts: 13,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I do that !! Not so I mark my weeks viewing but to highlight things I dont want to miss ! Not sure why this bothers you though !
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    duckylucky wrote: »
    I do that !! Not so I mark my weeks viewing but to highlight things I dont want to miss ! Not sure why this bothers you though !

I do it too with the Radio Times

But only one day ahead at a time not the whole week !

.......and then whatever I've circled in the schedules I also write down on my 'To Do' list for the next day to remind me to watch it

Sensible and practical I'd say........:D
  • Angela FAngela F Posts: 3,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    when you go to put the milk in the cupboard and the coffee in the fridge lol

Or even (as I have done in the past) put various cleaning products i.e. laundry powder, washing up liquid and fabric conditioner in the fridge/freezer!:o
  • Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When you still think of a wheelie bin as a dustbin.
  • jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member

www.digiguide.tv

Sample listing.

=

HISTORY DOCUMENTARY: How the States Got Their Shapes
    On: H2 (531)
    Date: Monday 13th April 2015 (starting in 13 minutes)
    Time: 08:00 to 09:00 (1 hour long)

State of Rebellion.
    Brian Unger questions the make-up of the United States, asking why there are two Carolinas and why Texas is so much bigger than many other states.
    (Stereo, Widescreen, 2009, 3 Star)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Marked By: 'Favourite: How the States Got Their Shapes' marker
    Keywords: Documentary, Historical, Stereo, Widescreen, 3 Star
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Excerpt taken from DigiGuide - the world's best TV guide available from http://www.getdigiguide.tv/?p=1&r=45488

Copyright (c) GipsyMedia Limited.

=
  • d0lphind0lphin Posts: 25,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Patti-Ann wrote: »

When you know which bin needs to be put out each week (when I was younger I used to just copy the neighbours but now I know myself)
  • MicrobialMicrobial Posts: 223
    Forum Member
    I thought I was getting old when I bought some nose hair clippers, but they wore out and now I've just bought my second ones. Now I KNOW I'm old.

And I find myself agreeing with my parents.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Patti-Ann wrote: »

my thought went to this little item just then,,now that is an old feeling Haha

http://i59.tinypic.com/1414kfd.jpg
  • Uncle FesterUncle Fester Posts: 15,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When you go for a pee (man) and you go to shake the drippers off and you find that you had not taken it out in the first place :o
  • ElyanElyan Posts: 8,781
    Forum Member
    When you overhear teenage girls saying things like, "....yeah he was an old man!....he must have been about 40."

:(
  • Alleycat666Alleycat666 Posts: 8,737
    Forum Member
    So many of the things already listed on here:

Owning slippers and cardies - check
    Going downstairs gingerly first thing in the morning - check
    Making a noise when I get up or sit down - check
    Making sure I 'go' regularly - check
    Knowing which bins to put out each week - check
    Looking forward to not going out, rather than going out - check
    Different pairs of glasses needed for everything - check - or would be if I hadn't opted for varifocals

I am in fact by the definition of this thread 'getting old'...
  • AsarualimAsarualim Posts: 3,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On the way to work the other morning, i noticed the local crown green bowling club were having an open day, and for a moment considered going along. I didn't go, but I did consider it, which can only mean I'm getting old.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 173
    Forum Member
    I was actually starting to come to terms with getting older.
    Now thanks to this thread I've realised that all I've got left to look forward to is losing my glasses, plucking my chin hairs and making sex noises when I get off the sofa.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,924
    Forum Member
    Demi-Wave wrote: »
    I was actually starting to come to terms with getting older.
    Now thanks to this thread I've realised that all I've got left to look forward to is losing my glasses, plucking my chin hairs and making sex noises when I get off the sofa.

You forgot the bit about smelling of wee. ;-):D
  • SJ_MentalSJ_Mental Posts: 16,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    avasgranny wrote: »
    You forgot the bit about smelling of wee. ;-):D

Oh women of a certain age, A cloud of too much perfume to cover that problem :o
  • BillyBattyBillyBatty Posts: 7,004
    Forum Member
    Wrong thread :blush:
    Forum Member
    BillyBatty wrote: »
    Wrong thread :blush:

Don't be embarrassed, come back. :)
    Forum Member
    SJ_Mental wrote: »
    Oh women of a certain age, A cloud of too much perfume to cover that problem :o

Oh, that is why they splash on the perfume. Now I get it, thanks for the tip. ;-)
  • realwalesrealwales Posts: 3,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For me, at 31, it's more subtle stuff. How I've changed in the last 10 years:

- I was always a tad cynical, but now I see STRAIGHT through advertising and all forms of hype.

- Similarly, I see through health 'warnings', fashionable health 'benefits' and members of the medical profession who just repeat whatever they were told at medical school (usually heavily influenced by drug companies and lobbying). My conclusions, in brief: Moderate coffee drinking is neither good nor bad for you. Heavy coffee drinking does you some harm, especially if you have heart problems. Smoking - if you can keep down to five cigarettes per day or fewer, it's probably not doing you that much harm. Red wine good for you? Possibly, but only to a very moderate extent. Drinking too much alcohol too often is a very dangerous, silly habit. Sugar does far more harm than most things in our diets, fat at 'normal' diet levels isn't anything to worry about. The alleged health benefits of fruit have been grossly exaggerated. A good, brisk walk lasting at least half an hour three times per week is plenty of exercise. There's no need to join a gym or play sport, which wear your joints out and will catch up with you in all sorts of ways in old age. The alleged harm of cholesterol may well not be true. The risks to mental health caused to some cannabis uses by far outweighs any benefits. You're playing a game of roulette with your mental health and it's just not worth it.

- I still watch a fair bit of football, but now I find the 'group mentality' of banal chanting on the terraces and football violence moronic. I mostly watch on TV now.

- As I said, I still like football, and indeed most sports, but I now realise that whether my teams win or lose, it is ultimately of no consequence to my wider life so there's no point in getting too happy when they win or too sad when they lose.

- I was never massively into clubbing to begin with (I usually only did it occasionally to please friends), but I've now reached the stage where I dislike loud music completely. Yeah, I know I could have many, many more years of festival going, live music and drinking in loud bars ahead of me if I wanted to!