Corrie - Sarah

pinky2006pinky2006 Posts: 10,339
Forum Member
✭✭
I am in a ranting mood

I can not bear Sarah "Bunny Boiling" Platt she is a little hussy :mad:
At least Candice and Maria have something about them
But this little trollop has me fuming and if her whining of "Jaason" isn't enough we have to watch their relationship on screen
That's better

Comments

• jill1812jill1812 Posts: 12,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Feel better now??? Good!!!

I couldn't agree more!!
  • Chrissy 2005Chrissy 2005 Posts: 9,645
    Forum Member
    pinky2006 wrote:
    I am in a ranting mood

I can not bear Sarah "Bunny Boiling" Platt she is a little hussy :mad:
    At least Candice and Maria have something about them
    But this little trollop has me fuming and if her whining of "Jaason" isn't enough we have to watch their relationship on screen
    That's better

She used to be a really good character, anybody else remember the episode where the burried baby Billy? :(

What a faboulas episode :(

She had the chance to mature then and she did but then the writiers ruined her by making her into a minx just so she could get with Jason :mad:

Bring back the good old Sarah :(
  • ReadallaboutitReadallaboutit Posts: 30
    Forum Member
    Nothing wrong with Tina o'Brien - very talented actress.
  • Squealer_MahonySquealer_Mahony Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    Oh Pinky I love you!!

oooh i have so many rants about what a selfish spoilled nasty little bitch this trollop is.

I want someone to wipe that nasty little smirk of her bitchy face.

She is so bloody immature and everyone always defends her and turns her into this poooooooooooooor little victim.

Its Bethany I feel sorry for, not Sarah, she is a bitch.
  • pinky2006pinky2006 Posts: 10,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nothing wrong with Tina o'Brien - very talented actress.

Was a talented actress
  • jill1812jill1812 Posts: 12,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She used to be a really good character, anybody else remember the episode where the burried baby Billy? :(

What a faboulas episode :(

She had the chance to mature then and she did but then the writiers ruined her by making her into a minx just so she could get with Jason :mad:

Bring back the good old Sarah :(

TIna O'Brien is obviously a good actress.

I actually went off Sarah after the Granny Fearns debacle and her reaction to Martin/Katy. She came across as stupid, spoiled and selfish.

The stuff with Jason is awful. The only decent part was when he called he a bunny-boiling freak etc!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vile character, appalling actress, get rid :cool:
  • Squealer_MahonySquealer_Mahony Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    jill1812 wrote:
    She came across as stupid, spoiled and selfish.

Thats because she is.

Gail was too soft on her and now she just thinks she can act like a stupid little kid forever
  • LovelyLauraLovelyLaura Posts: 50,041
    Forum Member

You'd think that she would have matured by now after all she's been through- pregnant at 12, Bethany kidnapped when she was only a few hours old, kidnapped by an internet paedophile, nearly killed by Ade Critchley, nearly killed by her serial killer stepdad, Bethany electrocuted, Bethany being kidnapped (again), finding out that her fiance was gay, baby Billy dying when he was only a few hours old etc etc etc.

She's only 19 years old and to go through all that, then it should have made her mature by now....I'd have thought that she'd have to grow up quickly after having so much happen to her and she's still only young.

But, no, for some reason, they seem to prefer to keep writing her as a spoilt 12 year old kid! :mad:

Her scenes with Jason are awful and cringeworthy- whoever thought they'd make a good couple on screen ought to be sacked! :o

Laura xx
  • Elsie TannerElsie Tanner Posts: 5,110
    Forum Member
    I really like Sarah.

I like the Sarah & Jason relationship too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really like Sarah.

I like the Sarah & Jason relationship too.

Sarah and Jason are like getting into a car and driving around a roundabout for the rest of your life :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,387
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like her too - well, she's a good character, but I wouldn't want to be friends with her! She's fun to watch, and her and Jason suit each other - they're both airheads!
  • DrelldosDrelldos Posts: 5,204
    Forum Member
    pinky2006 wrote:
    Was a talented actress

Is a talented actress.

You don't lose that talent overnight. It's the material she is being given unfortunately.

Tina proved what an amazing actress she was when Baby Billy died. Powerful stuff indeed.
  • pinky2006pinky2006 Posts: 10,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unlike that moron Sam Robertson who is a terrible character and actor Tina CAN act but atm Steve Frost chooses not to use her acting skills to the full
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its not Tina its the character thats VILE!
  • CaramelsCaramels Posts: 2,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't comment on the actress because I don't know her, but I just can't take the character of Sarah seriously; she looks about twelve years old, therefore all the minxish behaviour just doesn't work. I think they need to make some subtle changes to her character.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Up until about three days ago, I thought Tina O'Brien was a bad actress. Then I suddenly realised that she can't be that bad if she can succeed in making her character so annoying.

Anyway, I still hate the character cos she's ridiculously immature and whiney. Like LovelyLaura said, after everything she's been through it doesn't make sense for her to be so immature.

Her relationship with Jason is awful as well. I particularly hate the way Sarah always tries to make Violet jealous - does she not realise that she stole another woman's man so to speak, cos she acts like it was Violet who made a move on her boyfriend?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 28,673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her and Jason are now boring me get him back with violet and send sarah to bring her daughter up! Its easy to forget sarah has the wee one as you hardly see her with her these days.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 149
    Forum Member
    I'm also sick of Sarah and the Sarah/Jason thing. Why does she still talk like a 12 year old? She is a selfish spoilt brat and I'm amazed a lad like Jason could put up with her constant demands and nagging. Surely it's not good for his image to be bossed around.
    What is the point of their marriage? They are clearly not soul mates, in lust rather than in love and they go about their relationship like a pair of 14 year olds i.e. falling out every week, ignoring eachothers texts etc. It's tedious and makes a mockery of the whole institute of marriage. It's blatantly all about a stroppy little tart who wants to be centre of attention by wearing a fancy dress for a day!
    Rant over :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bored@work wrote:
    I'm also sick of Sarah and the Sarah/Jason thing. Why does she still talk like a 12 year old? She is a selfish spoilt brat and I'm amazed a lad like Jason could put up with her constant demands and nagging. Surely it's not good for his image to be bossed around.
    What is the point of their marriage? They are clearly not soul mates, in lust rather than in love and they go about their relationship like a pair of 14 year olds i.e. falling out every week, ignoring eachothers texts etc. It's tedious and makes a mockery of the whole institute of marriage. It's blatantly all about a stroppy little tart who wants to be centre of attention by wearing a fancy dress for a day!
    Rant over :D

I have a feeling these two characters were lumped together in a "relationship" just cos the actors are together in real life. :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    everyone knows violet and jason should be together....its just as fizzy dog said - they've been lumped together as are having a relationship in real life!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 149
    Forum Member
    What happens if they split up in real life? It's tedious marrying them off because there are only a few avenues left for them to undoubtably go down:
    1. Divorce
    2. Sarah gets up the duff yet again - oh how exciting
    3. Somebody has an affair.
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She talks and acts like a seven-year old and has become the most annoying, childish and pathetic character on the show; not to mention a complete tart.
  • Elsie TannerElsie Tanner Posts: 5,110
    Forum Member
    I will say again, I like Sarah.

I don't really understand why there is such a widespread dislike for her? I accept that she has terrible where Bethany is concerned over the past year or so but apart from that I don't find her that immature or dislikeable.

I feel that this is the first time Sarah is being allowed to "be herself". She has always been tied up with some trauma or other since she was 13.

I think that many people conveniently forget that up until she split with Todd and lost baby Billy, Sarah was a brilliant mother to Bethany. I feel that her living back at No 8 has meant that Sarah nearly always has an "on-call" babysitter with whom she can leave Bethany and go out and enjoy herself. I am glad that Sarah as a character is being given some lighter material and I strongly believe that Tina O'Brien is doing a very good job.

I don't know whether we are supposed to find Sarah "vile" but if we are it is a credit to Tina.

Look at it this way, if we didn't have Sarah Louise Platt on Coronation Street we would only have some other no-mark tart. At least, Sarah has a strong family background with a deep history in the programme.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now that Emmerdale's Dawn Woods has been killed off, I'm in need of a new most hated soap character. Sarah is a definate possibility.