Options

Why do the Beckhams insist on promoting their children?

d56d56 Posts: 5,471
Forum Member
Are they really that obsessed with their brand?

First Brooklyn is doing photoshoots and turning into a celebrity himself, then Romeo is the new face on Burberry. Then last night they drag them all to Burberry fashion show :confused: What is the point of taking a 3 year old girl to a fashion show other than to publicise her?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3043185/Victoria-Beckham-snaps-Brooklyn-Beckham-Cara-Delevingne-party-glamorous-Burberry-fashion-event.html

Talk about shoving them in our faces. Have they ever considered what might happen when these kids are in their early 20's? Look at a lot of other celebrities children who had a lot of fame young. Drugs and rehab.
It's beyond cringeworthy.

Comments

• Options
    SJ_MentalSJ_Mental Posts: 16,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw an interview years ago where Beckham was saying that as they got older the focus would be more on their children like he thought they were some kind of royal family >.>
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,271
    Forum Member
    What? They sat there and watch the fashion parade. They didn't act up. In fact the Beckham kids seem pretty normal as children of famous people go. Not all celebrity kids end up going the Drew Barrymore/Tatum O'Neil route.
  • Options
    Sharona68Sharona68 Posts: 1,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    d56 wrote: »

First Brooklyn is doing photoshoots and turning into a celebrity himself, then Romeo is the new face on Burberry. Then last night they drag them all to Burberry fashion show :confused: What is the point of taking a 3 year old girl to a fashion show other than to publicise her?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3043185/Victoria-Beckham-snaps-Brooklyn-Beckham-Cara-Delevingne-party-glamorous-Burberry-fashion-event.html

Talk about shoving them in our faces. Have they ever considered what might happen when these kids are in their early 20's? Look at a lot of other celebrities children who had a lot of fame young. Drugs and rehab.

"drag them all to Burberry fashion show" - or maybe they just got in the car?

As for shoving them in your face, I can only assume that you chose to click on link you shared and read it all. :confused:
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,989
    Forum Member
    I don't see the issue with any of if. If Brooklyn and Romeo are happy to do modelling work, why not? The only difference between them and kids modelling for a clothing catalogue is their parents names and wealth. As for taking their daughter to a fashion show, why not? I doubt they going to become a train wrecks because they went to watch people walk in clothes.

There is an obvious difference between the Beckham kids and child stars such as Bieber, Britney, Michael Jackson, Macaulay Culkin where they were child stars in their own right and had their childhoods taken away by being on television, recording music, in movies from a young age. The Beckham kids seem to lead a relatively normal life and have taken a few jobs.

You could also say look at Justin Timberlake, Beyoncé, Kelly Rowland, Janet Jackson who were all child/teen stars and haven't found themselves in the same position of having a meltdown as those mentioned above.
  • Options
    GracieLGracieL Posts: 4,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, shouldn't Brooklyn be at home in the UK revising for his GCSEs?? Not prancing around California going to Coachella, fashion shows and hanging out with his 'girlfriend' Chloe Mortez. So much for the working class, "Brooklyn has a job". Yet he seems to go on endless holidays and model for top end stores. I doubt the boys are that interested in watching endless fashion!

Victoria seems to forget that she was a Spice Girl after all, if she didn't meet David, she would be like all the other girls trying to make a living by still doing music/reality TV and wanting to reform the Spice Girls etc.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    GracieL wrote: »
    I agree, shouldn't Brooklyn be at home in the UK revising for his GCSEs?? Not prancing around California going to Coachella, fashion shows and hanging out with his 'girlfriend' Chloe Mortez. So much for the working class, "Brooklyn has a job". Yet he seems to go on endless holidays and model for top end stores. I doubt the boys are that interested in watching endless fashion!

Don't they still live in the US? And of course 'normal' teenagers NEVER go to V Festival or have girlfriends lol
  • Options
    re_hashedre_hashed Posts: 178
    Forum Member

Victoria seems to forget that she was a Spice Girl after all, if she didn't meet David, she would be like all the other girls trying to make a living by still doing music/reality TV and wanting to reform the Spice Girls etc.

Who cares, their father is bloody David Beckham, and their mother is Victoria spice whatever. Do you think that Brooklyn could give the slightest damn about staying at home revising for his GCSE's

:D:D:D That's hillarious!

I would loved to have had that lifestyle growing up, in fact, I would swap places with either Romeo or Brooklyn now, and I'm an adult.

Crack on kids, bloody well enjoy yourselves whist you have the chance. You have no need to worry about your future so do everything you can!
  • Options
    wampa1wampa1 Posts: 2,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Could be worse; could be Willow and Jaden Smith
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Good Lord! shame on Victoria for daring to forget she was a Spice Girl and not sitting around dreaming up reunion plans. Shame on her by making a living doing something other than music/reality TV.

PS - she did meet and marry David.
  • Options
    jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sharona68 wrote: »
    Good Lord! shame on Victoria for daring to forget she was a Spice Girl and not sitting around dreaming up reunion plans. Shame on her by making a living doing something other than music/reality TV.

She was also arguably the more famous of the two when they met.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    She was also arguably the more famous of the two when they met.

And to be fair, I don't think brand Beckham would be the big thing it is now and David wouldn't have had such a successful post-Football career as he has had either. Both have benefitted by their marriage and the successful brand it has become.
  • Options
    HeatherbellHeatherbell Posts: 9,940
    Forum Member
    Well they aren't exactly shoving the children up chimneys .
    Not sure what the problem is to be honest . So they get pictured at events together , so what ? It's the life they were born into and can opt out of as soon as they come of age should they choose a life more ordinary . Brooklyn is having a ball and good for him, you only live once and if a parent can give you a boost then grab it and run with it and enjoy the limelight .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    re_hashed wrote: »
    Who cares, their father is bloody David Beckham, and their mother is Victoria spice whatever. Do you think that Brooklyn could give the slightest damn about staying at home revising for his GCSE's

:D:D:D That's hillarious!

I would loved to have had that lifestyle growing up, in fact, I would swap places with either Romeo or Brooklyn now, and I'm an adult.

Crack on kids, bloody well enjoy yourselves whist you have the chance. You have no need to worry about your future so do everything you can!

When you put it like that :D I can hardly see any of the kids going to University because they can get a job as model as their dad was a footballer and their mum was an ex pop star.
    Sharona68 wrote: »

It's the way she speaks about the Spice Girls, its as if she's above them now. "i never enjoyed the reunion tour" blah blah blah. Though she was a glorified backing singer anyway lol.

It helped her career immensely that she was married to one of the most famous footballers.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't they still live in the US? And of course 'normal' teenagers NEVER go to V Festival or have girlfriends lol

No they have been back in LA for about two years. Though they are in the US that often, they may as well move back!
  • Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    d56 wrote: »

This is just about one of the most absurd statements I've yet read on here.

I'm no fan of the Beckhams - I don't believe in the 'brand Beckham' nonsense and I don't think either of them are especially likeable.

That said, they do seem to have raised 4 decent, happy, well adjusted kids. I don't agree with Romeo modelling and I don't like the way they have sold themselves as a commodity, but you can hardly compare the Beckham children with the likes of Drew Barrymore, Amanda Bynes, Lindsay Lohan, Macaulay Culkin et al. The latter were thrust into worldwide fame from a very young age, and as a result had innumerable problems. The Beckham kids are photographed, for sure, but they hardly seem to have the extent of the problems of so many child stars preceding them (and I wouldn't even call them stars anyway).
  • Options
    NotaTypoNotaTypo Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think no matter who Victoria married, they'd still be the brand. Becks wasn't exactly a fashion icon with his blonde curtains when they met.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dear David & Victoria Beckham

Re: Brooklyn, Romeo, Cruz and Harper Beckham.

Please stop promoting your children in public.

We strongly suggest you keep them indoors at all times, preferably locked in a cupboard under the stairs with only Lidl bread and Aldi coke for sustenance.

Stop letting them "prance around" at music festivals, stop them having an amazing time modelling for fashion houses, stop dragging them to fashion shows, stop taking them on fabulous holidays and stop them wearing designer clothing etc.

It's disgusting the way you display this obvious adoration for your children and like to involve them as much as possible in everything that you do.

And even though you both legitimately earned your wealth *, stop spending it and improving the economy local to wherever you are gallivanting at the time, throw it away, burn it, make it into paper mache, anything other than spend it.

Yours sincerely

Your detractors that despise you but yet clearly can't stop reading every article printed, or broadcast about you xx

* Regardless of the extreme amounts they earned, it is still legitimate. :D
  • Options
    jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :D:D

But Aldi coke? You're spoiling them! ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D:D

But Aldi coke? You're spoiling them! ;)

OK Netto then :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It's the way she speaks about the Spice Girls, its as if she's above them now. "i never enjoyed the reunion tour" blah blah blah. Though she was a glorified backing singer anyway lol.

It helped her career immensely that she was married to one of the most famous footballers.

I think it's refreshingly honest that she just says she doesn't want to do it.

And agin, it helped his post-football career immensely that he was married to one of the most famous singers in the world. They've both helped each other's public image.
  • Options
    thefairydandythefairydandy Posts: 3,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't get why anyone has an obligation to live a normal life if they have the means to live an extraordinary one that doesn't hurt anyone else.

It's like the idea that lottery winners should continue to work at checkouts, and shows a complete lack of imagination.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't get why anyone has an obligation to live a normal life if they have the means to live an extraordinary one that doesn't hurt anyone else.

It's like the idea that lottery winners should continue to work at checkouts, and shows a complete lack of imagination.

Totally agree with this.

It's a ridiculous concept. Why wouldn't you spend the money if you have it.

And so what if people decide to spend, say, £10000 on flowers, well done to the lowly florist that supplies them!
  • Options
    Ella71110Ella71110 Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dee123 wrote: »
    What? They sat there and watch the fashion parade. They didn't act up. In fact the Beckham kids seem pretty normal as children of famous people go. Not all celebrity kids end up going the Drew Barrymore/Tatum O'Neil route.

^^this :p

The Beckhams have lovely,well balanced,well behaved children who seem to get papped for even getting lunch,popping out,you know the mundane things in life,but because I like looking at them or reading about them I see these pap shots.
    but I certainly don't think they are pushing them in our faces are they?
    They are just living their lives,is that not allowed??:confused:
    if they were on the front of Hello or Ok every week having done an interview I'd agree with the fact that they are promoting their children but they're not,
  • Options
    sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    Well they aren't exactly shoving the children up chimneys

Which oddly enough is what some ordinary people may have to do to make ends meet in the not too distant future - if things go on the way they are!:D

Good luck to Vicky and Davy - their kids seem to be adjusted and well-behaved. If I had their money I'd make sure my child benefited and had all the things I never had.
  • Options
    Mrs ChecksMrs Checks Posts: 8,372
    Forum Member
    I don't get the insinuation, really. That is normal behaviour for them. They all already show up to Victoria's shows all dressed similarly, quietly watching. I think it's what they're used to, and they honestly might even enjoy it?

On the other hand, did no one see David Beckham on Graham Norton? He said that Brooklyn had a part time job in a cafe to buy himself stuff. I also know someone who's child has mixed with two of the sons and apparently they are beautifully behaved children and very down to earth.

So maybe the Beckhams are trying to show them both sides of life? Who knows? I don't think you can judge a huge amount from pap pictures, personally.