Options

Underground reception

countyboycountyboy Posts: 1,486
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I have recently spent some time on holiday in Lisbon and Barcelona. In both cities I used my mobile without interruption on their tube networks and on tube station platforms.
Why can't I get the same quality of reception when in London on the tube?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 213
    Forum Member
    Because this is the UK...
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol good answer.

Wasn't they at one point making it so you could use phones on the tube??
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 27
    Forum Member
    Yes - it was originally part of the 'Connect' project which is the system for new train radios - however they migrated away from GSM communication for that and therefore that fell through.

I think TfL are awaiting interested parties to show their interest at the moment...
  • Options
    darkone338darkone338 Posts: 747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thank god theres still one place you can go where you dont hear some arse shouting into his phone at the top of his/her voice... shame the chavs still persist in playing music through the speaker... ho hum...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    darkone338 wrote: »
    thank god theres still one place you can go where you dont hear some arse shouting into his phone at the top of his/her voice... shame the chavs still persist in playing music through the speaker... ho hum...

Indeed and people that go through their ringtones as wel very annoying.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dont you love people listening to there music really loud on there ipods,and your trying to make out what they are listening to before you get off!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol its like a game

"Guess that song before the next 4 stops.... and... go!"

:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67
    Forum Member
    The underground in Barcelona is pretty shallow compared to the London Underground (I seem to remember, I did go on the one in Barcelona once - so much more roomy and Air Conditioned!)

But WE created the underground!

I would expect they're nervous to use mobile phones on the underground too, with terror threats and all that jazz :mad:

But still, it's always fun to pretend you're on the phone while in the tunnel, people look at you like "WTF?!!" and then they try to do it and fail!