Will You Miss Dancing On Ice??

2»

Comments

• bloggingbellebloggingbelle Posts: 1,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll miss Torvill and Dean - two great performers and characters. The response from the audience clearly touched them last night and they were typically humble.
  • coral_janecoral_jane Posts: 64
    Forum Member
    Sunday night's viewing won't be the same for me...
  • BanditaBandita Posts: 3,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes but do think it' was time to end.
  • nancy1975nancy1975 Posts: 19,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes I shall miss it, for Torvill and Dean, as said, two exemplary people and performers. It has been a rare privilege to watch them. Last night was painful, knowing we will never see quite the like again. I have followed them for literally all of my lifetime, and seeing them at the penultimate show in Leeds will be sad indeed.

The show...no, not so much, mainly because of the unpleasant panel aside from Robin and I never got as involved as I do with Strictly because we never got to know the skaters as well. However, it provided some harmless glamour, fun, some hilarious moments, some beautiful ones, and it had a good run.
  • MerityMerity Posts: 933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes I will miss the show.
    I'm a huge fan of skating and Dancing on Ice has been a joy to watch.
    Mainly for Torville and Dean and Ray Quinn and Maria!

I shall miss watching them skate.

At least the right person won the Champion of Champions and the show went out on a high! :)
  • kayceekaycee Posts: 12,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, I don't think I will miss it as it become old and stale, and although I watched the last series, it was only because it was the last series, and it was worth watching because of Ray Quinn.

It may, as suggested above, one day re-emerge - probably on another channel (5 perhaps?) but it would need a complete face lift if it was to succeed.
  • Miss C. DeVilleMiss C. DeVille Posts: 6,030
    Forum Member
    I'll miss it because it was the only chance of seeing Torvill and Dean performing on TV. I won't miss all the chatting and adverts though. Mind you I recorded this series so that I could just flick through to all the bits I wanted to watch i.e. the skating, scores and Torvill and Dean.
  • Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At the moment I've got the usual 'end of series' feeling - and looking forward to the tour.

It won't really hit me till next January comes round and there's no DOI :cry:
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CaroUK wrote: »
    A couple of years ago I'd have said yes - now with all the manipulation and undeserving judges pets nonsense and the stupid twists - it's a no!

Ditto!
  • d0lphind0lphin Posts: 25,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll miss Torvill and Dean - two great performers and characters. The response from the audience clearly touched them last night and they were typically humble.

Pretty much this.

Some series were better than others and there were some flaws in recent series but it was a lovely way to end a weekend and I enjoyed it very much.

I really hope we get to see Jayne & Chris aain in the future and some of the professionals. I will be looking out for the ice shows to see who is in them.
  • JohnStannardJohnStannard Posts: 7,649
    Forum Member
    yes I do miss DOI