Pioneer DV400V

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
Forum Member
I am downloading films from my Satellite receiver via the USB port to my Iomega 360 gb hard drive. How do i achieve to convert these films into DIVX so they will PLAY through my Pioneer. My H/D is in FAT32, surely i dont need a DVD/DVIX programme to convert every film watchable on my Pioneer DVD. Thanks.

Comments

• SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes you should need to convert the lot to divx/avi before playback ,i use this dvd player myself.

If nothing is happening when you connect the hard drive and the files are not recognised you'll need to convert them to divx.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    beintot wrote: »
    yes you should need to convert the lot to divx/avi before playback ,i use this dvd player myself.

If nothing is happening when you connect the hard drive and the files are not recognised you'll need to convert them to divx.
    Thanks for your reply, can you recommend a Hard/ Drive that will transfer to the PIONEER already in the DIVX format within a price range within £100. Thanks again.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you need software to convert the video to divx the hard drive won't do it.
    Incidentally the 500gb western digital my book external drive works with this machine,cost around £60-.
    I think the tip is use a hard drive with it's own power supply with this unit.
    Forum Member
    My Iomega runs from a external power supply, so what you are telling me is that each film on the H/D has to be converted from dvd to dixv before it will play on my TV using my Pioneer. Can you tell me which DVD/DIXV programme is the best and most of all the easiest to use in your opinion.I know i will have to purchase such a Programme. Thankyou for giving me your time and advice.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    do you know what type of files are produced by your satellite box?
    What is the filename type?
    Forum Member
    beintot wrote: »
    do you know what type of files are produced by your satellite box?
    What is the filename type?
    Open the folder where the Files are they read IDX FILE. I hope this means something to you but not to me. Thanks again.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaydee81 wrote: »
    Open the folder where the Files are they read IDX FILE. I hope this means something to you but not to me. Thanks again.

are there any other visible files such as ts? , idx is normally a small index file.
    check the size on each file,you should be looking for the largest ones , 1gb in size for example.
    Forum Member
    If TS stands for transport stream theres 1 file in the shape of a disc with 1.5 GB.Is this any help.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well all you need is a ts to divx convertor software,you can may'be ask in the computer section,google will show quite a few,some free,some commercial,and you can see what works best for you.

winavi is a good software for all sorts of files ,i'm not sure if it does ts.
    I'm more used to converting divx to dvd.
    Forum Member
    Cheers beintot, maybe i am on the road to sucess.