Little Mix Discussion Thread (Part 11)

old mixerold mixer Posts: 2,635
Forum Member
✭✭✭
siriusrose wrote: »
I don't like 'The End', maybe it'll sound better not acapella, but I'm not feeling that at all.
For now, I'm going to say that I'm on your team here..........

Continuation of: Little Mix Discussion Thread (Part 10)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,671
    Forum Member
    I don't like The End either, sounds a bit boring to these ears.
  • aldualdu Posts: 2,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    john1995 wrote: »
    i got surprise for you, new song from the album
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaMyrUIz6V0

How very dare you doing this to me? Don't do it again :D lol T4P
    I love what I just heard. What is wrong with this girls?
    Giving me that little Motown sound, that little En Vogue (giving him something he can feel) vibe. Oh my, that was magical!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    john1995 wrote: »
    the rest of it better quality
    https://twitter.com/LilMixUpdater

This is absolutely amazing. Perrie is really feeling it, she is giving that run the way I like it lol.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DreC wrote: »
    Someone suggested it could possibly be one of the two acapellas on the album, the way the vocals are arranged leads me to believe this too.

Probably an interlude.
  • DumdedumdumDumdedumdum Posts: 1,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Like the new song and excited that Black Magic is doing better than Wings already. Spending the time visiting local stations is really paying off this campaign, it helps that the song works well acoustic.
  • mgvsmithmgvsmith Posts: 16,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    aldu wrote: »
    How very dare you doing this to me? Don't do it again :D lol T4P
    I love what I just heard. What is wrong with this girls?
    Giving me that little Motown sound, that little En Vogue (giving him something he can feel) vibe. Oh my, that was magical!!!

Yeah, it sounds a little 60s Motown to me. LM with a bit of soul....great but probably not the next single.
  • ShaynaJayShaynaJay Posts: 1,615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They were asked in a previous Q&A if they could say anything about the second single and jade said not without getting into trouble so i highly doubt this is going to be a single.

They've previously said there were acapella interludes and an intro as well, so I will guess this is one of those interludes....i doubt them calling an intro "the end" lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGI5G435C20 FULL VERSION of the acapella today of their new song "The End"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope it drops to #4 next Friday so we can say...

It spent 3 weeks at #1 and 1 week at #3

;)
  • Charlie_TrenchCharlie_Trench Posts: 981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ShaynaJay wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGI5G435C20 FULL VERSION of the acapella today of their new song "The End"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seeing it in full in HQ has me in complete and total love with it!!!!!

I can see it fitting in well as an "acapella/interlude" on the album!

I seriously am getting frustratingly impatient waiting for this album, I need it now lol!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 475
    Forum Member
    "The End" is the perfect song for Pez, given her recent situation. ;) Love the harmonies.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Petty I know but: I kinda hope the media run with this as "Perrie's message to Z" only to expose people outside of the fandom to their vocal talents lol and hopefully encourage them to check out LMs work haha
  • old mixerold mixer Posts: 2,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok , I concede - that was a whole lot better....Not quite my cup of tea - but still .....
  • felpcalibasfelpcalibas Posts: 5,547
    Forum Member
    k I didn't feel it at first but hq

Im speechless.
  • Alex_OkoampaAlex_Okoampa Posts: 111
    Forum Member
    Oh my flipping God they absolutely slayed that
  • casualviewercasualviewer Posts: 31,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Petty I know but: I kinda hope the media run with this as "Perrie's message to Z"

Even though it was written half a year before??? Personal note: getting fed up with framing everything that happens as related to Mr. Z. Its just as bad as before, now. (edit: not piling on you, SJ, but the cumulative effect of teenyboppers is getting to me. I'm getting flashbacks to Jennifer Aniston/Brad Pitt)

Haven't heard it yet, but the lesson from this album so far is: stop listening to snippets, you U turn so hard you get thrown out of the car.
  • Alex_OkoampaAlex_Okoampa Posts: 111
    Forum Member
    Even though it was written half a year before??? Personal note: getting fed up with framing everything that happens as related to Mr. Z. Its just as bad as before, now. (edit: not piling on you, SJ, but the cumulative effect of teenyboppers is getting to me. I'm getting flashbacks to Jennifer Aniston/Brad Pitt)

Haven't heard it yet, but the lesson from this album so far is: stop listening to snippets, you U turn so hard you get thrown out of the car.

They performed an acoustic of it live btw
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I know the song ACTUALLY has nada to do with him, but let's not deny it wouldn't get more exposure when talked about in the "the end of their relationship" angle......naturally I would prefer if they got said exposure and coverage because of them as a four piece, but such as life they will get there.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know the song ACTUALLY has nada to do with him, but let's not deny it wouldn't get more exposure when talked about in the "the end of their relationship" angle......naturally I would prefer if they got said exposure and coverage because of them as a four piece, but such as life they will get there.

To that I say, old BAD habits die hard. LM are the strongest they have ever been in their career, and to use that fall back is the same mistake their team made 3.5 years ago. Time to cut the cords and strike out on the right foot going forward. It would be easier for Perrie, and lets not forget 3 lovely girls who have borne the brunt of the bad juju for all those years and deserve to have their light shine bright.

We like to natter on about how they need to change their image via clothing and makeup. No. They need to change their image from "girl group that has a member dating famous boy band member" to "girl group with killer vocal harmonies and good music".

Yes I'm cranky tonight. :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

littlemixofficial
    Hitting the Vegas town with the lasses tonight....!

https://instagram.com/p/6GuBrdOGfj

So the first thing they do is drink from glasses with a red folded napkin inside. :D

#itsadrywine
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    24 hours

Black Magic
    Little Mix

Black Magic
    Little Mix
  • mgvsmithmgvsmith Posts: 16,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They were asked in a previous Q&A if they could say anything about the second single and jade said not without getting into trouble so i highly doubt this is going to be a single.

They've previously said there were acapella interludes and an intro as well, so I will guess this is one of those interludes....i doubt them calling an intro "the end" lol

It does sound like an intro though, despite the title. Maybe it is a 'bookend' song which can be dropped in at the beginning or end of a session?

I'm beginning to think they've been listening to Janis Joplin a bit.

The only negative about the song is that it share's its title with one of the greatest songs ever written by The Doors.
  • Mina_CameronMina_Cameron Posts: 1,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Agree here. The song's also obviously about Jordesy and Jade/her ex-boy whose name I can't recall. I like them taking advantage of the situation and using the publicity to show the world how awesome they are but not everything needs to become about Zayn. We had enough of that when they were dating and it's already getting old now with his name tacked to the end of every headline, and we've known they're dunzo for four days :kitty:.

Really loving The End in HQ, once they get hold of those harmonies and are in a room with better acoustics it'll be sensational. I hope they do a Shazam or a Billboard session in a studio and perform it. This makes up for all the times they didn't perform Boy in the States when it would have gotten them massive traction (like the Derulo cover).
  • Regina_PhalangeRegina_Phalange Posts: 1,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only just read about Perrie being single again. Can't say I'm saddened. #ForgetThatBoy
  • Regina_PhalangeRegina_Phalange Posts: 1,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Part 11 - whoop!
This discussion has been closed.