Too many shouty females

Comments

• chackalacka1234chackalacka1234 Posts: 1,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's been so boring.

Yep, as you can see the 2 times songs were changed in this show resulted in a Shouty Whitney song.

Edit: Oh and a final Whitney song at the end
  • j4Rosej4Rose Posts: 5,482
    Forum Member
    Both of them can sing, hence why they're singers. Yes they may struggle from time to time, but they can still hold a note.

Milli Vanilli
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mimik1uk wrote: »
    well we are going to have to agree to disagree , sam bailey really wasn't my cup of tea but i couldn't deny she pretty much nailed almost every performance she did

whereas hannah was a shouty mess almost every week

I agree with you. Sam Bailey was a dated cabaret singer who shouldn't have gotten anywhere near a record deal but she was a good one.

Hannah was fabulous in her auditions but a complete mess in the lives.i tried to like her, I really did, but she was a car crash
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    j4Rose wrote: »
    Milli Vanilli

What?
  • jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What?

Didn;t make sense to me either. Some of the female singers on this years show are top notch compared to recent years.
  • mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    i think the milli vanilli comment was that just because a couple of singers "can hold a note even tho they struggle at times" it doesn't make them any good
  • EvilLlamaThingyEvilLlamaThingy Posts: 6,667
    Forum Member
    i think the milli vanilli comment was that just because a couple of singers "can hold a note even tho they struggle at times" it doesn't make them any good

Milli Vanilli literally didn't hold a note though. That was the whole reason their success was a sham. So it's a bit of an odd comparison :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh right. Well in response to his comment, if the public buy their music and go to their concerts, then their vocals are good enough for the consumer.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh right. Well in response to his comment, if the public buy their music and go to their concerts, then their vocals are good enough for the consumer.

You are right tbh. I dont like 1D or LM, but lots of people buy their albums, and attend their concerts, so at the end of the day that is all that counts.
    Forum Member
    Milli Vanilli literally didn't hold a note though. That was the whole reason their success was a sham. So it's a bit of an odd comparison :p

it does give them something in common with alot of x-factor contestants tho ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You are right tbh. I dont like 1D or LM, but lots of people buy their albums, and attend their concerts, so at the end of the day that is all that counts.

It does count... There is clearly a big market for those 2 bands, mainly teenage girls. Just because you dont like it does not mean its objectively bad.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heres an example of a singer in the American X Factor who butchered Madonnas "Borderline"

The first 20 seconds sounded brilliant, then in the second verse and chorus she went towards the shouting and wobbly vocal route. The song was supposed to be chilled out, not another song converted to a Mariah/Whitney genre.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjFmCS2rUjM
  • jacquelineannejacquelineanne Posts: 1,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Far too much shouting in the songs. Really boring and predictable.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh here we go with her godawful shouting
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh here we go with her godawful shouting

Louisa is a class act, especially for her age.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Louisa is a class act, especially for her age.

Sounds like every other singer singing powerhouse vocals, with a few Christina Aguilera-esque notes popped in there.

Notice how every female performer in todays show turned every song into a shout fest. Start off normal, finish with a bootleg-whitney ending.
  • patricia50patricia50 Posts: 3,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got to agree, shouty females or poor Ed Sheeran Copies. Someone different would be nice.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    patricia50 wrote: »
    Got to agree, shouty females or poor Ed Sheeran Copies. Someone different would be nice.

They really don't do different on this show. I would like to see someone singing reggae or jazz, but it won't happen.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The men were just as bad last night. A Song For You should be subtle and gentle not screamed of made into a show tune.
    Think XF needs to tell acts that hitting the notes is more important than screaming them
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Delete
    Forum Member
    i keep coming back to this point that acts try too hard to show off how many vocal tricks they can do rather than just sing the song as they seem to think that gets them noticed

its like a footballer doing loads of fancy stepovers out on the touchline and then putting the ball into row Z when he tries to cross it into the box
  • MadBettyMadBetty Posts: 1,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just fast forward the junk, and got to the singing, and noticed its either shouty female singers or boring acoustic young guy singers.

Can they not find one unique singer out of the thousands? Kate Bush, Lana Del Ray, Janet Jackson and even Rihanna are all example of women with distinctive and toned down voices.

They can't because there are no unique singers auditioning. Once again they have chosen time wasters to put through. All the female singers sound the same. If I could make one exception, it would be the Emile-Sande-lookalike. But she's not going to win it.
  • sofakatsofakat Posts: 16,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    Mariah Carey has a lot to answer for. She seems to have set the tone for the 'why sing one note when you can sing 47' wannabes we get on XF these days

Very valid point. Agree with OP entirely. Too many overblown drama queen performances with not a single genuine subtle nuance or genuine emotion between them :(

So boring.
  • sofakatsofakat Posts: 16,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They really don't do different on this show. I would like to see someone singing reggae or jazz, but it won't happen.

Oh, I wish! Either one.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sofakat wrote: »
    Oh, I wish! Either one.

That is why i prefer The Voice, as at least on there you do get a wider mix of genres of music, even though you still tend to get a similar type of winner.