David Jason as Rincewind???

2»

Comments

• puckbunnypuckbunny Posts: 28,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'Dave wrote:
    ']I know, but I thought it would help to show a picture ;)
    you can just see him in his robes and hat running like the clappers can't you :)
  • Dave 8o]Dave 8o] Posts: 1,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    puckbunny wrote:
    you can just see him in his robes and hat running like the clappers can't you :)

Definitely!

I don't have a clue where they got the idea that David Jason could play Rincewind :confused: totally insane. I don't think he did that good a job as Albert (personally) but I can understand them casting him, as his name is a big draw. But there's no way he would fit in the Colour of Magic, unless he played the Barkeeper in the Broken Drum.
  • starsailorstarsailor Posts: 11,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'Dave wrote:
    ']Definitely!

I don't have a clue where they got the idea that David Jason could play Rincewind :confused: totally insane. I don't think he did that good a job as Albert (personally) but I can understand them casting him, as his name is a big draw. But there's no way he would fit in the Colour of Magic, unless he played the Barkeeper in the Broken Drum.

He's the one who burns down the city because Twoflower sold him insurance isn't it....

I haven't read those books for year and years btw
  • puckbunnypuckbunny Posts: 28,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'Dave wrote:
    ']Definitely!

you can't cast him as anything but albert now they are a series of books and the characters appear throughout the books its a bit like babs windsor playing peggy in fridays eastenders then playing stella in monday nights episode :eek: :confused: what are they thinking ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25
    Forum Member
    I like David Jason, but he's not Rincewind. David Thewlis, Nicholas Lyndhurst, Dylan Moran or Neil Morrissey would be good. Any other suggestions?
  • mickmarsmickmars Posts: 7,438
    Forum Member
    cant they make another series of A Touch of Frost instead......
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

:eek: That's exactly who we just decided on in my house... except in the more vague 'Guy from PotC with the wooden eye' way :D

This is so wrong on both levels. A book that even a lot of Pratchett fans don't like... an actor completely wrong for the part... *sigh*
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 493
    Forum Member
    The Hogfather was the best adaption so far for my money. Leaving in virtually no jokes was dissapointing though. I'm slightly Torn who did the best Death voice, by a whisker Christopher Lee in the animated attempts - the only thing they got right in that. The main revelation for me was when Nigel Planar turned up with the line 'I'm incogneto'. He was BORN to play Rincewind. Lanky, tall, aside from him being a fantastic comic actor you could put him anywhere and he'd look out of place and that defines Rincewind.

David Jason is a gem of an actor but totally wrong for the part. With casting this bad someone better tell them Ian Richardson is dead or we may get one of the quietest performances ever broadcast on british TV.
  • jpcmejpcme Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    David Jason is to old, to short, to fat, simple as.