Options

Can gorillas & humans cross breed?

Charcole911Charcole911 Posts: 6,353
Forum Member
After reading this and knowing how similar our DNA is could we cross breed?

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3137710/Man-had-pics-of-sex-with-gorilla.html

Comments

• Options
    *weeschmoo**weeschmoo* Posts: 9,713
    Forum Member
    Sorry, I didn't read that article - poor gorilla.
  • Options
    TheMaskTheMask Posts: 10,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ask Michael Jackson...:D
  • Options
    makomako Posts: 214
    Forum Member
    You gotta love The Sun and the way they have humorously blacked out the eyes in that photo of a gorilla :D
  • Options
    Joni MJoni M Posts: 70,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Opposable thumbs.
  • Options
    chriswyattchriswyatt Posts: 3,808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After reading this and knowing how similar our DNA is could we cross breed?

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3137710/Man-had-pics-of-sex-with-gorilla.html

I think I heard somewhere that there was a time when a less-evolved version of us and gorillas were kind of co-existing and getting it on with each other.

I dunno to be honest, good question. I would guess we're too different and that breeding with a Gorilla isn't likely, but possibly not out of the question. Though I dread to imagine what the child would look like, and what sort of health problems they would have. :eek:

Wayne Rooney might be able to fertilise a gorilla.
  • Options
    stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    They did in the television series "First Born" with Charles Dance and it was creepy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They did in the television series "First Born" with Charles Dance and it was creepy.

Woah, sounds wrong :eek:.

Just read the wiki:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Born

He's still alive today, he's a famous footballer. :D
  • Options
    StarpussStarpuss Posts: 12,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chriswyatt wrote: »
    I think I heard somewhere that there was a time when a less-evolved version of us and gorillas were kind of co-existing and getting it on with each other.

I dunno to be honest, good question. I would guess we're too different and that breeding with a Gorilla isn't likely, but possibly not out of the question. Though I dread to imagine what the child would look like, and what sort of health problems they would have. :eek:

Good gracious, what have the poor gorillas done to deserve that fate? :eek::eek::eek:
  • Options
    sutiesutie Posts: 32,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can gorillas and humans cross breed?

I'm not sure, but I'm willing to give it a go. :)

:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sutie wrote: »

Post some photos when you're done. :p

Actually, don't. :eek::eek::eek:
  • Options
    missy83missy83 Posts: 14,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sutie wrote: »

You type very well for a gorilla :D
  • Options
    Joni MJoni M Posts: 70,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Somewhere there's a Chimpnazee shaking its head as to how we became human.
  • Options
    SentenzaSentenza Posts: 12,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has already happened
  • Options
    gavinfarrellygavinfarrelly Posts: 6,195
    Forum Member

Extreme animal cruelty. Reported. :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 536
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sentenza wrote: »
    Has already happened

:D:D:D
  • Options
    scotty22scotty22 Posts: 1,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    no.................
  • Options
    swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Better get to the zoo first thing in the morning..........make sure you get a pretty one............
  • Options
    CythnaCythna Posts: 3,102
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No.

We (Homo Sapiens) are believed to have been able to cross with Neandathal people, but gorillas are too different. Bonobo chimps are our nearest cousins, but we couldn't cross with them either.
  • Options
    BagpipesBagpipes Posts: 5,443
    Forum Member
    It's a brave man who attempts to shag a gorilla.
  • Options
    LeehamLeeham Posts: 4,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Common misconception: humans evolved from apes

It's more like 'share a common ancestor'.
  • Options
    DinkyDoobieDinkyDoobie Posts: 17,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think i know her... or maybe its me :eek:
  • Options
    Reiver97Reiver97 Posts: 2,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cythna wrote: »

No.

We (Homo Sapiens) are believed to have been able to cross with Neandathal people, but gorillas are too different. Bonobo chimps are our nearest cousins, but we couldn't cross with them either.

Actually, technically we could. The offspring would most likely be infertile though. But we are genetically close enough to cross fertilse.

There are reports of attempts at ape-human hybrids being created dating back as far as to the 20s in both the US and the Soviet Union.

Although there is no evidence that any living offspring were ever created (although there are rumours) it is almost certainly true that there have been eggs successfully fertilized (and later destroyed).

Some info on the Humanzee (Wikipedia)

I remember reading many years ago of some attempted "experiment" in Japan where an actress was paid to have sex with a chimp in an attempt to get pregnant. She didnt.

Having sex with a Gorilla, although apparantly not an uncommon fantasy amongst some women in particular, wouldnt be as satisfying as it may appear though. An erect gorilla penis is about 2 inches long. And their sexual act lasts a couple minutes tops.

What I find most disturbing about this whole subject though, is why do I apparantly know so much about it!? :eek::o
  • Options
    Ginger GeekGinger Geek Posts: 6,182
    Forum Member
    Leeham wrote: »
    Common misconception: humans evolved from apes

It's more like 'share a common ancestor'.

We're back to the missing link Wayne Rooney again aren't we? :D
  • Options
    gavinfarrellygavinfarrelly Posts: 6,195
    Forum Member
    Reiver97 wrote: »
    Actually, technically we could. The offspring would most likely be infertile though. But we are genetically close enough to cross fertilse.

There are reports of attempts at ape-human hybrids being created dating back as far as to the 20s in both the US and the Soviet Union.

Although there is no evidence that any living offspring were ever created (although there are rumours) it is almost certainly true that there have been eggs successfully fertilized (and later destroyed).

Some info on the Humanzee (Wikipedia)

I remember reading many years ago of some attempted "experiment" in Japan where an actress was paid to have sex with a chimp in an attempt to get pregnant. She didnt.

Having sex with a Gorilla, although apparantly not an uncommon fantasy amongst some women in particular, wouldnt be as satisfying as it may appear though. An erect gorilla penis is about 2 inches long. And their sexual act lasts a couple minutes tops.

What I find most disturbing about this whole subject though, is why do I apparantly know so much about it!? :eek::o
    The mind boggles :eek:
  • Options
    Ginger GeekGinger Geek Posts: 6,182
    Forum Member
    Their is rumour that if you get 1,000,000 Chimpanzees and give them long enough, you create the DS forums!

Ouch! :p:D