Options

voip

Voip

Hi, We were using AOL as our broadband provider and BT as our landline provider, we then switched over to a Talk Talk package for both services. After we had switched we could no longer use the net phone (via Inno media) which was working nicely for few months on our previous plan. I contacted Talk Talk and they said they do not support VOIP service. Because of this reason we had to once more change provider, now to O2 who ensured that they do support the net phone sevice with no extra charge as part of the package, but again the net phone is not working. Have you got any ideas why this could be or which broadband privider would support this system.

Comments

• Options
    pablospablos Posts: 448
    Forum Member
    Sounds more like a firewall or port blocking issue. I use voip on BE(O2) without any problems.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    hi
    Any idea how to solve the problem
  • Options
    pablospablos Posts: 448
    Forum Member
    Depends on how your voip works. Does it connect to your router or plug into your PC.

My voip does not require any ports open at all, just plug and play.
  • Options
    neo_walesneo_wales Posts: 13,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to use skype with talktalk no problem but now have free international telephone calls with them so skype is no longer needed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    it connect to the router and the phone is connected to the Inno media box
  • Options
    Forum Member
    it connected to the router and the phone is connected to the Inno media box
  • Options
    Forum Member
    voip

Voip

Hi, We were using AOL as our broadband provider and BT as our landline provider, we then switched over to a Talk Talk package for both services. After we had switched we could no longer use the net phone (via Inno media) which was working nicely for few months on our previous plan. I contacted Talk Talk and they said they do not support VOIP service. Because of this reason we had to once more change provider, now to O2 who ensured that they do support the net phone sevice with no extra charge as part of the package, but again the net phone is not working. Have you got any ideas why this could be or which broadband privider would support this system.