Why is it always re Matt v Beth in Final?

CosyaCosya Posts: 4,730
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Surely should be Matt v Gareth,

Gareth is far the better skater than Beth, His routines are much better. No discredit for Beth but being Olympian shouldnt just give her automatic final place.

Nor does it always have to be a man v woman final!!

Comments

• nataliannatalian Posts: 4,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cosya wrote: »

Gareth is far the better skater than Beth, His routines are much better. No discredit for Beth but being Olympian shouldnt just give her automatic final place.

Personally I think Beth is much better than Gareth.
  • valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    I agree it should be Matt v Gareth. Beth is good but lacks something.
  • TiggergirlTiggergirl Posts: 2,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think Beth is better than Gareth and is actually being undermarked by the judges for whatever reason and IMO Matt is being massively overmarked by them. Personally I think final 2 should be Gareth and Beth.

Beth has shown in the solo skating week just how capable she actually is and I think the judges are being rather too harsh on her for whatever reason in particular Robin and Jason.
  • MorgsieMorgsie Posts: 16,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If it is a three way final, then all three
  • Sally77Sally77 Posts: 1,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    from a personal notes, I would like Beth and Gareth in the final as I cannot stands Matts attitude, but I will admit he is a good skater.

I think there is a little plan for Beth. If she goes through to next week, I think she will have a very romantic skate without all the tricks showing that she can do it, and the judges will say "that is what we have been waiting for, and you deserve your place in the final" !! - just my thoughts like I say!!!
  • EnterEnter Posts: 115
    Forum Member
    I think Matt's actually the weakest of the three and would prefer a Beth and Gareth final.

Matt's routine tonight was by far the weakest. There's so many risks he could have taken with his prop just like we've seen in previous series with the hat, yet he didn't do anything with it. Massively overmarked but I can't say I'm surprised by that.
  • Tiger RoseTiger Rose Posts: 11,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would like a Gareth v Beth final 2. Matt's good but not as good as the judges keep telling us.
  • NaturalDancerNaturalDancer Posts: 5,149
    Forum Member

What do you mean by his routines being better? He doesn't choreograph them. I mean you make it sound as though it's just that - better routines. If you mean he skates better that's a different matter. :)
  • NaturalDancerNaturalDancer Posts: 5,149
    Forum Member
    Sally77 wrote: »
    from a personal notes, I would like Beth and Gareth in the final as I cannot stands Matts attitude, but I will admit he is a good skater.

I think there is a little plan for Beth. If she goes through to next week, I think she will have a very romantic skate without all the tricks showing that she can do it, and the judges will say "that is what we have been waiting for, and you deserve your place in the final" !! - just my thoughts like I say!!!

I was thinking along similar lines when I saw the marks tonight (I didn't actually see Beth skate).
  • CosyaCosya Posts: 4,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What do you mean by his routines being better?

He seems to get into them more than what Beth does. I know they get given them but He performs them better. I agree with Jason, as much as I like Beth she doesnt put personality into her routines.

Plus yes I believe Gareth skates better than Beth
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Beth has more skating skill and is more graceful. She can do beautiful spins and jumps. For some reason, in the last couple of weeks she hasn't really been given routines that showcase her skating ability. Beth is the only one this year who actually looks like a skater when she is on the ice (although she was a bit clumsy this week) whilst Matt and Gareth both look like celebs skating. That said, I thought Matt's routine was the best this week although that was partly due to the choreography.
  • milliejomilliejo Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Beth has more skating skill and is more graceful. She can do beautiful spins and jumps. For some reason, in the last couple of weeks she hasn't really been given routines that showcase her skating ability. Beth is the only one this year who actually looks like a skater when she is on the ice (although she was a bit clumsy this week) whilst Matt and Gareth both look like celebs skating. That said, I thought Matt's routine was the best this week although that was partly due to the choreography.

Exactly she has transfered her skills in gymnastics to the ice, she was able to do beautiful spins, has get limb extention and she is capable of skating solo. She is at a different level because many of the skill the other have had to learn, she has already learnt but they not being should because of stupid gimmicky stunts. She is also fearless with lifts because she has natural body control. And she is used to performing routines, practicing again and again, to being coached and listening. It seems they are holding her back because she is so far ahead of the others in her skills.
  • Susan_A1951Susan_A1951 Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would go for Gareth and Beth. Matt seems to have some stunning choreography which showcases his skills. And yet for sheet talent, power and grace - I would pick Gareth and Beth.
  • SelenaSelena Posts: 29,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd personally prefer a Gareth and Beth final.
  • yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    Selena wrote: »
    I'd personally prefer a Gareth and Beth final.

Me too at this point in time.
  • Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me third :)
  • Gordon ClownGordon Clown Posts: 612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Me fourth
  • -Felicity--Felicity- Posts: 4,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it should be Matt vs Gareth. Beth doesn't have much of a personality IMO.
  • IgnazioIgnazio Posts: 18,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    -Felicity- wrote: »
    I think it should be Matt vs Gareth. Beth doesn't have much of a personality IMO.
    Personalities this year are conspicuous by their absence.

I fail to see any charm or charisma about Matt and/or Gareth that would invoke my support.
  • TiggergirlTiggergirl Posts: 2,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -Felicity- wrote: »

Just because she is not loud and OTT does not mean she does not have a personality I would take her quieter personality over the apparent cockiness of Matt anyday.

I think people are mistaking the hyperness of the performers over the years for personality IMO that is not real personality. Beth's sense of humour and personality tends to show through in her tweets and I think she is just a quieter, slightly more reserved person which is perhaps understandable given she has spent the biggest part of her life competing in a solo sport where there is not generally a great deal of media interest to have to be responsive too. Louis was quieter in SCD as well and he went onto win so hopefully Beth can do the same.
  • wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ignazio wrote: »
    Personalities this year are conspicuous by their absence.

I fail to see any charm or charisma about Matt and/or Gareth that would invoke my support.

Good job it isn't a personality contest then...oh, hang on...;)
  • CranberryappleCranberryapple Posts: 12,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tiggergirl wrote: »
    Just because she is not loud and OTT does not mean she does not have a personality I would take her quieter personality over the apparent cockiness of Matt anyday.

I think people are mistaking the hyperness of the performers over the years for personality IMO that is not real personality. Beth's sense of humour and personality tends to show through in her tweets and I think she is just a quieter, slightly more reserved person which is perhaps understandable given she has spent the biggest part of her life competing in a solo sport where there is not generally a great deal of media interest to have to be responsive too. Louis was quieter in SCD as well and he went onto win so hopefully Beth can do the same.

Excellent post. Team Beth for me too:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would hate a final if it didn't contain Beth. I think she's amazing and I'm bloody sick of hearing this no personality just because she's a little quieter than the others.

I'd prefer a Gareth v Beth final because they're my favourites but I can appreciate that Matt probably should be there.
  • milliejomilliejo Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why do people think that someone who is quiet, hardworking and not a show biz narcissist, hasn't got a personality? Being fearless is a big part of her personality.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Enter wrote: »
    I think Matt's actually the weakest of the three and would prefer a Beth and Gareth final.

Matt's routine tonight was by far the weakest. There's so many risks he could have taken with his prop just like we've seen in previous series with the hat, yet he didn't do anything with it. Massively overmarked but I can't say I'm surprised by that.

I thought it was brill! The hat is SO easy to drop; I'd say it's the most difficult prop by far. You can't do anything 'fancy' with it, like sitting in/on it;you have to rely on solid skating and Matt did that easily. So much solo skating!

I thought Gareth made very little use of the ball - didn't do anything with it really and I found it a dull routine.

I agree that Beth, Matt and Gareth should be the finalists with either Beth or Matt to win. I think Matt is the better skater but next week's flying is likely to favour Beth massively.