Options

The Sam Callahan Appreciation Thread

Comments

• Options
    earldbestearldbest Posts: 3,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it won't help them in the long-term (they've had few performances as a group and their only Live Show performance wasn't spectacular), but in the short-term (i.e. this week), it might.

Back to Sam, from social media, it seems like he has a song already. What could it be?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 206
    Forum Member
    Have you seen all the photos he's posted on Facebook of the contestants going off to the Thor 2 premier? https://www.facebook.com/SamCallahanOfficial

Haha, that Torso of the Week is great! Good for him!
  • Options
    LeonalewisJfanLeonalewisJfan Posts: 2,130
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I vote for him every week, he is easily my fave & is so hot
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seeing him with Sam Bailey and Tamera is so sweet.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like his photos with Jeanette from Miss Dynamix
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like his photos with Jeanette from Miss Dynamix

Is she the blonde, or is that Rielle?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep shes blonde & the girl from africa :)
  • Options
    idratherjackidratherjack Posts: 1,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    comment wrote: »

Tell me about it! I've been waiting for Sam to be Torso of the Week and he doesn't disappoint. Swoon! :D

Loving the Thor premiere pics too, he seems like such a nice guy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Adorable... http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/entertainment/tv-radio/x-factor-hopeful-sam-callahan-2482062

More proof that he is a really genuine guy!

And how at home did he look on that red carpet?!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sam gets "All I Want is You" by (hopefully) U2. Thoughts?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVgr5SLlrxU He was in Tamera's video diary. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    earldbest wrote: »
    Sam gets "All I Want is You" by (hopefully) U2. Thoughts?

Hmm... I'm not sure about this one. :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    StageDive wrote: »
    Hmm... I'm not sure about this one. :confused:

I know. A bit dreary as is; I don't think this caters to his strengths or lures the girls. It has all the makings of being very average.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    earldbest wrote: »
    I know. A bit dreary as is; I don't think this caters to his strengths or lures the girls. It has all the makings of being very average.

I've just watched Mary Bryne's version from when she was on XFactor and feel a little better about it. Still think it's an odd choice but hopefully he can do something with it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Everything related to him felt like he was set up to fail this week. Uh oh...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Was it just me that actually thought he made a song fitting of a funeral march into something more?!
    And how gracious was he of the judges' comments? THAT is how you take criticism!

I kind of feel like the comments from the judges may be to scare his teenybop fans into voting. I'm not worried for him this week.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    StageDive wrote: »
    Was it just me that actually thought he made a song fitting of a funeral march into something more?!
    And how gracious was he of the judges' comments? THAT is how you take criticism!

I kind of feel like the comments from the judges may be to scare his teenybop fans into voting. I'm not worried for him this week.

Lighting and all that had red flags everywhere. What happened with crying Abi is scaring the public into voting; this pales in comparison and people will forget.

Did you notice the seemingly off-script remark about changing the song and the plea for votes?
  • Options
    idratherjackidratherjack Posts: 1,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd never even heard that song before and I don't want to hear it again! I think he did his best with it but it does seem like Sam is being set up by the show to be "dispensable". Although I obviously enjoyed his VT ripping off the wet T-shirt I can see why other people would find that annoying.

I liked his backstage remark to Caroline Flack that it's not The Voice but The X Factor. I'm sure his fanbase will keep him around for a few more weeks but I do worry that the minute he is in the bottom two he will be gone. I'm sure they will want him on the tour anyway.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd never even heard that song before and I don't want to hear it again! I think he did his best with it but it does seem like Sam is being set up by the show to be "dispensable". Although I obviously enjoyed his VT ripping off the wet T-shirt I can see why other people would find that annoying.

I liked his backstage remark to Caroline Flack that it's not The Voice but The X Factor. I'm sure his fanbase will keep him around for a few more weeks but I do worry that the minute he is in the bottom two he will be gone. I'm sure they will want him on the tour anyway.

I think the plan is to get him to B2 this week so he will get a bounce. That's never a good spot because he will pretty much be on life support from here on out, if that happens.
  • Options
    zelda fanzelda fan Posts: 6,330
    Forum Member
    Well done to sam i don't get why so many on this forum dislike him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMG. Good news for Sam! He could be in trouble next week, though. :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm worried for next week :(
    I think it could be between Kingsland, Sam & Abi
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And hes disliked mainly because of his looks
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Abi is a harder nut to crack than the producers think, there could be trouble. :(

Lou-Lou should really pick better songs for him.