The 70s: February 4, 1978.

The 80s: February 4, 1984.
  • Apprentice 2 SAApprentice 2 SA Posts: 2,342
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This weekend retro AT40

The 70s: February 4, 1978.

The 80s: February 4, 1984.

That's great to have a 78 chart. Request to Premiere: next I'd like a 79 and an 80 chart! :)

I haven't had a look at the US chart of 4th Feb 78 yet, but the UK charts of late Jan / early Feb are just stunning. Some of the best music ever. Typified, for example, by ELO's Mr Blue Sky. The US charts will have to work hard to be as good - I hope they are!
  • darnall42darnall42 Posts: 4,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's great to have a 78 chart. Request to Premiere: next I'd like a 79 and an 80 chart! :)
    we should be due a 1980 chart soon as we havent had one since the middle of last September
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    darnall42 wrote: »
    we should be due a 1980 chart soon as we havent had one since the middle of last September

That's good news, I hope.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love AT40. What a great show. And the 78 one this weekend was of the usual excellent quality. Musically not quite on a par with the UK charts of the same date, but excellent nonetheless.

Casey is a great presenter, and I love the way he does the show. But, and I realise this comment is 35 years too late for him to do anything about it, but if you've just played number 5, there aren't 4 hits to number one! There are only 3! (Numbers 4, 3 & 2.) As Americans would say, 'Do the Math'!

Still a wonderful show, though!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I say excellent quality, I mean in terms of presentation. What I heard via Smooth Radio sounded a bit echo-y at times, eg the start of #37, and the intro to the show seemed to fade a little in places - either out or across the stereo. Did anyone else notice that?
  • Juan Carlos AraJuan Carlos Ara Posts: 5,742
    Forum Member
    This weekend retro Casey

AT40 The 70s: February 9, 1974.

AT40 The 80s: February 13, 1988.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I say excellent quality, I mean in terms of presentation. What I heard via Smooth Radio sounded a bit echo-y at times, eg the start of #37, and the intro to the show seemed to fade a little in places - either out or across the stereo. Did anyone else notice that?
    TBH i dont listen to AT40 on smooth 70s as 9am on a sunday is'nt too good a listening time,glad i did'nt have to rely on them for this week as apperently they missed playing a extra (van halen playing you really got me)
    Forum Member
    Retro Casey this weekend :

AT40 The 70s: February 14, 1976.

AT40 The 80s: February 15, 1986.
    Forum Member
    Retro Casey this weekend

The 70s (Option A): February 19, 1972.

The 70s (Option B): February 26, 1977.

The 80s: February 26, 1983.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Retro Casey this weekend

The 70s (Option A): February 19, 1972.

The 70s (Option B): February 26, 1977.

The 80s: February 26, 1983.

I don't always post to say, but your regular updates are appreciated. I come here on a Monday morning to find out about the American Chart Show for the weekend. Keep up the good work!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lets hope smooth 70s drop the repeat on Saturday morning and then they could play both of this weeks charts (suprised 1977 was chosen as we only had it a few weeks ago :) )
  • richie wildrichie wild Posts: 9,893
    Forum Member
    I don't always post to say, but your regular updates are appreciated. I come here on a Monday morning to find out about the American Chart Show for the weekend. Keep up the good work!

Here here!
    Forum Member
    Kola FM will do 1977.

Last Sunday Smooth 70s did not play some segments from the 1976 show, some people are expecting next Saturday's re run fixes them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Magic 98 from Madison are going with 1977,and it looks like smooth 70s are playing both shows this week :)
    Forum Member
    This weekend retro Casey

AT40 The 70s: March 1, 1975.

AT40 The 80s: March 1, 1980.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1980 at last :D
    Forum Member
    1980 is a delicate year, because Premiere could butch so much the original extras, by the criteria of "old music from the 70s doesnt match in an 80 format".

That has happened before last year in a 1980 show, 2 of the 4 original extras or archive songs, were axed in the premiere re run.

The only way of checking it is by the original cue sheet.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it was great to hear the 1980 show yesterday and all the number 1s of the 70s extras were played too.

11th March 1978 and 13th March are the 70s shows for next week

and the 80s show is from 5th march 1988 (another 1988 show so soon !!).I could post all the upcoming shows till the end of the year as the info has leaked,but i wont ;)
    Forum Member
    The A option is March 13, 1971.

It is known that an annual schedule of shows has been given to all the affilliated stations and someone is leaking dates.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just been flicking through the March / April 78 charts at oldradioshows.com. They list the 1st April show as a movie special. Is that right? What happened to the actual chart that week?
    Forum Member
    Yes, it is a special and there was not a regular show for that week.

They did that in order to get the show more interesting ( promotion with a special) or maybe because Casey was in holiday and they did not find a DJ to do a subhosted regular show.

Normally, those special shows, like this one, was aired on dates that people were doing whatever but listening to the radio or to a chart show. The specials were prerecorded weeks ago, Casey was in holidays and the listeners probably the same. The following week they resumed the countdown, probably with few new records as well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This coming weeks shows

for the 70s - Option A - march 17th 1979, and Option B March 18th 1972

and from the 80s march 16th 1985

hopefully smooth 70s will do the buisness and play all 4 hours of the 1979 show :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dont forget - for the next few weeks all US at40 shows will be an hour earlier as the US have altered thier clocks (the AT40 on ckww today will be at 11pm instead of midnight ;) )
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, it is a special and there was not a regular show for that week.

They did that in order to get the show more interesting ( promotion with a special) or maybe because Casey was in holiday and they did not find a DJ to do a subhosted regular show.

Normally, those special shows, like this one, was aired on dates that people were doing whatever but listening to the radio or to a chart show. The specials were prerecorded weeks ago, Casey was in holidays and the listeners probably the same. The following week they resumed the countdown, probably with few new records as well.

Thanks for the info. I'm not sure the British public would have accepted their weekly chart show changed to a special for one week!