[US] The Real Housewives of ........

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I absolutely loathe Tamara - she is evil, nasty and a real bitch. She is the second most loathsome housewive ever after Danielle from RHNJ. I like Gretchen, I think she would make a good friend unlike Tamra and Vicki.
  • LaineyTLaineyT Posts: 6,392
    Forum Member
    Did anyone notice on today show the daggers Alexis was giving Peggy when she kept mentioning that she knew Jim before her lol.. And then Aleixis phones him and Jim says....shes a stalker :rolleyes: she broke into Robs house :rolleyes:...the horrible little man

Going to miss the girls
  • Jo09Jo09 Posts: 3,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    New York from tomorrow!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jo09 wrote: »
    New York from tomorrow!

:eek: Blimey, they're going right back to Season 1. I do hope they show all 4 seasons, it gets progressively more bizarre to the point of wtf? Do women really behave like this?
  • ValerianValerian Posts: 2,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone watching RHONY ? I'm enjoying it so far.
  • Jo09Jo09 Posts: 3,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Valerian wrote: »
    Anyone watching RHONY ? I'm enjoying it so far.

I can't get into it.
  • louise1966louise1966 Posts: 4,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am watching it, but I can take it or leave it, unlike RHOC.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 48
    Forum Member
    Quite liking NY, Jill is my favourite so far.

Ramona I'm not so keen on!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm enjoying it. I've watched most of the 4 series but there are the odd episodes I've missed so it's nice to go back and fill in the gaps. Simon is sooooooo creepy - yuck! And I couldn't stand Kelly. Bethenny is funny - her impersonations of Jill are classic!
  • BlokeypooBlokeypoo Posts: 470
    Forum Member
    Hi,
    I'm an old poster on BB Ch4 (Pudding) and very very occasionally on here.

I've watched a few of the HW series so thought I'd add my view!

New Jersey - Danielle is a complete fruitbat, the others I can cope with and particularly like Jacqueline. How Danielle can believe what comes from her own mouth is beyond me - she starts fights here there are none and is completely paranoid.

NY - just on end of series 1 and love Bethenny who is hilarious and also like Jill. I think Ramona is completely unbalanced and has no idea how rude she is nor how badly she dresses. Simon and Alex just give me the creeps!

OC - watched all of these and went from liking Vicki to really disliking her, she got worse when Tamra joined too. Vicki happily lists all that she wants from others whilst seeming to give nothing but financial input. She has no idea how to give people her time and love yet expects undying love in return. Her work ethic is not to be admired as it is at the expense of others and frankly won't be any use to her when she reflects back from her deathbed. Tamra is just nasty, without exception. I don't know anyone as snakey and hypocritical as her - she picked Gretchen to pieces and was vile even when she barely knew her and long before the controversy of the alleged other man arose. Tamra hated it when she was held to account for things by Jeana and couldn't see that it was exactly what she'd done to Gretchen. I'd go as far as saying that her nastiness almost stopped me following the series, she has no redeeming qualities. Alexis and Peggy I'm unsure about - both are barking mad but not completely beyond redemption. Lynne was on another planet and a terrible parent, Quinn gave me the creeps and Tammy was lovely.

No idea why I felt the need to post all that lol but thought I would anyway! I'm just hoping the other series come to ITV2 or similar as my Sky package doesn't include the Beverly Hills and other ones!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah Blokeypoo. That's a pretty accurate summing up, except Jill has now become the NY paraiah. It's all in the editing. I quite like Alex now although how anyone could be married to Simon I will never know. He's taken a back seat the last series so hopefully his mug wont be shown. Kelly is batshit crazy while Ramona is just as bad.

Since the arrival of Teresa's relatives on New Jersey that's become my favourite franchise. It's hilarious. Her sis-in-law thinks she's god's gift, but she's only a fame seeker and is really nasty about Teresa. Who deserves it, but it's turned all the watchers into Tre fans. :eek: Who'd have thunk it.

I hated Vicki and Tamra from the outset. I completely agree with your assessments of both of them. Peggy is revolting, too.

The new series of Beverley Hills looks good, though obviously Russell's suicide casts a shadow over hearing Taylor's marriage woes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tally, can I ask you where you are watching the new RHONJ ? I'm just hoping Channel 4 pick it up again.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have just read that Jill, Alex and Kelly have been fired from RHNY. They will be replaced with three new women.
    I liked Jill, she was a laugh.
    Forum Member
    I know he can be a bit creepy Simon I mean but what is everyones problem with him??

Glad Jill brough him along to play tennis I cant stand Ramone or her husband.

And if its true Jills been sacked what has she done??
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LaineyT wrote: »
    I know he can be a bit creepy Simon I mean but what is everyones problem with him??

Glad Jill brough him along to play tennis I cant stand Ramone or her husband.

And if its true Jills been sacked what has she done??
    Jill was completely vile in Series 3 and ended up as the one who was really hated. She was awful to Bethenny and came out of it looking truly mean. She did try to make amends in Series 4 but Jill will always be Jill.
    I'm sorry if they've sacked her, because she's always good car crash TV, unlike Kelly who's just a car crash.

The one I'd boot is Luanne who I truly loathe. As has been said, if you have to ram the fact you're classy down everyone's face, then lady, you have no class. I cant stand snobs, especially condescending ones like the fake Countess. And now she's divorced, she's even more fake.

I think Simon is just weird. His outfits are bizarre. I mean red leather from head to toe. No! Please No! Although he and Alex do have a rock solid marriage, which is nice. :) They are horrific social climbers though.

;) Hope you're all sorted, Valerian. PM me if you need any other links.
    Forum Member
    Simon may be creepy but I think hes pretty harmless lol.

Cant wait for the next series. Mind you still got a soft spot for Orange Country houswives
  • bacchantic enigmabacchantic enigma Posts: 3,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just finished series 4 0f RHONY and loved it all

Recommendations for the next please? Shall I go with Orange County or Beverly Hills?:confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Recommendations for the next please? Shall I go with Orange County or Beverly Hills?:confused:

I am really enjoying RHONY. Have you watched New Jersey ?
    Your eyes are out on stalks at some of their antics :eek::D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Both! I've watched all the series except Atlanta and I haven't really got into Miami yet - early days but New York, Orange County, Beverley Hills & New Jersey are all compulsive viewing.
    Forum Member
    Considering they are grown women they dont half make them selves look like kids at school. Putting their phones on loud speaker so they can hear the others slagging each other off lol.

Bettheny totally ignoring them all cos shes now found the man of her dreams :rolleyes:

LuAnne getting all in a tizz cos Ramone said shes now "countless"

Ramona being two faced over her sudden freindship with Simon and Alex cant see that lasting lol.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh and I wonder how many copies of Playgirl Bobby bought when he heard that Kelly was going to be naked in it lol.

Loved the bit when Kelly was telling Jill and LuAnne about the photo shoot and LuAnne gets her pics out of when she was a glamour model you could see her turning green with jealousy at Kelly lol.

Really enjoying the New York houswives.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    New Jersey and Beverley Hills would be my recommendation. :)

Miami was dire and they scrapped that after just one season, as they did with DC ( which I quite enjoyed :o )

NJ has it all though!! :eek: I would seriously fear for my sanity if I was around this lot, but it makes great car crash TV.

So glad you're enjoying it Vallerian. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tally wrote: »

Miami was dire and they scrapped that after just one season, as they did with DC ( which I quite enjoyed :o )

NJ has it all though!! :eek: I would seriously fear for my sanity if I was around this lot, but it makes great car crash TV.

Hi tally, yes, I love it. I'm watching it over and over in case i've missed anything :D I didn't think I would like the two new HW's but they fit in really well.
    I've just been reading that NJ's Jacqueline Laurita was a no-show at the series three reunion and has now quit the show. I hope they don't bring back Danielle:mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi tally, yes, I love it. I'm watching it over and over in case i've missed anything :D I didn't think I would like the two new HW's but they fit in really well.
    I've just been reading that NJ's Jacqueline Laurita was a no-show at the series three reunion and has now quit the show. I hope they don't bring back Danielle:mad:
    I suppose with brat Ashley stropping off to California, Jacqui's story arc had become too boring. I do like her and Caroline though, they seem to have great marriages, unlike Joe Guido who nigh on seems to want to rape Melissa every time he sees her. UGH! Repulsive little jerk.

I think the likelihood of Danielle coming back is zero. Andy Cohen of Bravo TV nigh on had a nervous breakdown worrying she'd bring the franchise down with her repulsive criminal friends and mental instability.

Just finished watching Ep4 of Bev. Hills. Sheesh, there is serious money there! Jill Zarin and Vikki Gulvasson are paupers by comparison. How the other half live!! :)
  • bacchantic enigmabacchantic enigma Posts: 3,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am really enjoying RHONY. Have you watched New Jersey ?
    Your eyes are out on stalks at some of their antics :eek::D
    Both! I've watched all the series except Atlanta and I haven't really got into Miami yet - early days but New York, Orange County, Beverley Hills & New Jersey are all compulsive viewing.
    tally wrote: »

Thank you all for the recommendations. I've just watched season 1 of Beverly Hills. I didn't find it as good as New York, but I think that may be in part because in Beverly Hills everyone tends to be so much more careful about what they say generally? Jill Zarin and Bethenny Frankel were just so so funny and compulsive viewing,as was Ramona in her own little way and I think that 'character' is missing in Beverly Hills? Nobody had me falling about laughing or 'noooo wayyyy' really.

Right, New Jersey it is next then :D
  • bingoesbingoes Posts: 4,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are two threads on DS about this series? Anyhow..

OMG this series (3) is just nasty, what on earth is going on with them all? One minute individually they seem ok (even Kelly) and then they something really wacky and end up really bitching about each other. Jill and Betheny I can't make up my mind who's side I am on? The Countess is such a snob it's nuts. Ramona, is she on drugs or something. Kelly, is she dim, I find her very confusing. Alex and Simon so far are coming across quite 'normal' so far. Great series, makes you feel so good about yourself.:D