Good Morning Britain - ITV

Comments

• boksboxboksbox Posts: 4,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    myscimitar wrote: »
    Goodness knows what would happen if a major story broke, like the underground bombing years ago, the presenters, with SR leading would not cope!!!

As she is an accomplished and experienced journalist she'd cope well, as she has done in the past.
  • simon_geraldsimon_gerald Posts: 825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would have had John and Ranvir covering from Scotland.

Agree regarding with what boksbox said about Susanna,just think this show is killing the credibility and her journalistic past,same for charlotte as well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From the ratings thread for the 11/09/14

GMB 597,000 (15.4%)

Charlotte didn't work that day,so will the same now be said as when Susanna has a day off and figures rise.
  • YaffiYukYaffiYuk Posts: 1,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would have had John and Ranvir covering from Scotland.

Agree regarding with what boksbox said about Susanna,just think this show is killing the credibility and her journalistic past,same for charlotte as well.

Agree with you. GMB's problem is, they've hailed Susanna and Ben as the main presenters. John and Ranvir would have been excellent this morning. However, if they'd presented, then it would have been like admitting that S&B weren't up to the job. Vicious circle, in a way.
  • stv viewerstv viewer Posts: 17,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    YaffiYuk wrote: »
    Agree with you. GMB's problem is, they've hailed Susanna and Ben as the main presenters. John and Ranvir would have been excellent this morning. However, if they'd presented, then it would have been like admitting that S&B weren't up to the job. Vicious circle, in a way.

IMO I think Ben is the problem john and Susanna work well together
  • Bob_KnoobbBob_Knoobb Posts: 907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stv viewer wrote: »
    IMO I think Ben is the problem john and Susanna work well together

I quite like Ben on Tipping Point but it just feels wrong when you have a light entertainment guy doing serious news stories like Beheadings etc.. #MixedMessages.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On the recent GMB survey they asked if you preferred 3 rather than 4 presenters which could be bad news for Sean who I guess is likely to be demoted to just a roving reporter?
  • stv viewerstv viewer Posts: 17,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bob_Knoobb wrote: »
    I quite like Ben on Tipping Point but it just feels wrong when you have a light entertainment guy doing serious news stories like Beheadings etc.. #MixedMessages.

Yeah I agree
  • cylon6cylon6 Posts: 25,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On the recent GMB survey they asked if you preferred 3 rather than 4 presenters which could be bad news for Sean who I guess is likely to be demoted to just a roving reporter?

That means Sean's toast. Even when he's there it feels like 3 people presenting rather than 4. He contributes little as they give him little outside of sport

Ben has no gravitas when it comes to news, always comes across as a lightweight.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From the ratings thread,Thanx to bushmills

Yesterday
    GMB 554000 (14.1%)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ranvir is the presenter I relate to the best. She comes from an ordinary working class Preston Family and is well grounded with different life experiences to most media middle class types. She got an assisted place at Kirkham Grammar School (100% fees paid because from low income family) and as made the most of it. In my opinion she is under used.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In my opinion Susanna Reid is an Ill fitting shoe for ITV, she is BBC material -posh plummy pushy head girl stuff (which she does well). I think it is too big of a job to try & reinvent herself as a more light entertainment 'down with it & cool person', it doesn't seem genuine and people from more ordinary backgrounds see through the act.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In my opinion Susanna Reid is an Ill fitting shoe for ITV, she is BBC material -posh plummy pushy head girl stuff (which she does well). I think it is too big of a job to try & reinvent herself as a more light entertainment 'down with it & cool person', it doesn't seem genuine and people from more ordinary backgrounds see through the act.

I think people started to see through her when she was on SCD, when she started believing the hype, and before that the interview flirting, I think the rot set in as a series presenter before she left the Beeb, and I really see her future on fluffy daytime programme or local news, not main ITV or Beeb morning shows.
  • Guest82722Guest82722 Posts: 10,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From the ratings thread,Thanx to bushmills

Yesterday
    GMB 554000 (14.1%)

To confirm- That was Thursday 18th figure.

Friday 19th is going to be the interesting one.

Deprived of Stv's viewers, and the BBC referendum coverage. What do we reckon? 250,000?

Would be interested to know the combined GMB/STV figure as well.
  • kelvokelvo Posts: 3,441
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

agree it does seem odd, in much the same was as I still see Simon Parkin who presents Meridian Weather as a kids TV presenter - it's a totally different environment - you wouldn't see Trevor McDonald or Mark Austin presenting a fluffy daytime quiz show would you?

Charlotte is the only one who I really have time for, and you only have to look at her journalistic CV to see the sort of programmes she has covered, and actually starting out as a main news anchor on Meridian, I would say is a pretty good start, plus some of the stuff she has done for ITV, so although some people might mock "regional news" as lightweight, I would rate that equal with mainstream ITV, breakfast TV actually seems a waste of her talents.

So let's think, Charlotte's had her baby, 6 months later a position comes available alongside Mark Austin on ITN... who could I see in the role, Susanna or Charlotte...:D
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BBC1 averaged 1.80 million (35%) between 6 and 10 am yesteday, with a peak at 8 am of 2.83 million (41.1%). No figures yet for ITV - The Ratings Thread
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wouldn't offer Susanna or Charlotte the job would give it yo ranvir.

Charlotte and Susanna both left serious news breakfast shows to present GMB,to me that says they no longer want to present serious news shows.

GMB is damaging both their future careers.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From the ratings thread

GMB 717.000 (14.2%)

Peak 921.000 (14.5%)

Between 6-8.30am 686.000 (13.9%)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good to see that the show is up 132k on the previous day in the regular timeslot,hope it continues into next week.
  • c120701c120701 Posts: 717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From the ratings thread

GMB 717.000 (14.2%)

Peak 921.000 (14.5%)

And without the STV viewers.
  • mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Although the bare figures were good, the share was still around the normal for GMB.

And I would not expect to see those figures going into next week, Friday was a special day after all. barring the premature fall of this Government, the next one that might perk up the figures will be Friday 8th May 2015.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    c120701 wrote: »
    And without the STV viewers.

Those figures will include STV viewers just as the BBC figures include BBC Scotland viewers, we don't have the breakdown between the two .BBC Scotland was claiming a 40.6% share for its overnight results programme against STV's 14.8%.It seems viewers in Scotland voted heavily in favour of the BBC coverage.
  • Guest82722Guest82722 Posts: 10,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From the ratings thread

GMB 717.000 (14.2%)

Peak 921.000 (14.5%)

Well, I am surprised.

I honestly thought their viewing figures would completely collapse.

So, what does this tell us?

That potentially if they got the balance right, they could improve the viewing figures?

Or, maybe, that their viewers are the type of people who couldn't care less about the referendum, were sick and tired of it, and considered GMB to be the dumbed down, less serious version? If it's Stv and GMB combined, it might be added stv viewers that have given them a lift- with south of the border the same as normal.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I am surprised.

That potentially if they got the balance right, they could improve the viewing figures?

Or, maybe, that their viewers are the type of people who couldn't care less about the referendum, were sick and tired of it, and considered GMB to be the dumbed down, less serious version? If it's Stv and GMB combined, it might be added stv viewers that have given them a lift- with south of the border the same as normal.

I'm sure it's adding the STV viewers that has given them the lift but we won't know until the officials.I believe GMB was shown in the Border region rather than STV. But whichever way they spin it they're miles behind the BBC.
  • YaffiYukYaffiYuk Posts: 1,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I am surprised.

It's interesting. People went to GMB for news only on Friday. And the figures went up. What does that tell producers?