Comments

• Options
    GormagonGormagon Posts: 1,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alanwarwic wrote: »
    I'm saying nothing.

:)

If you want to demonstrate a sub £100 tablet doing that, feel free to do so.
  • Options
    hybridtheoryhybridtheory Posts: 850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi

Another quick question.

I have my iPad and iPhone sync'd with iTunes on my own iMac.

If I were to create a user account on my g/f's iMac and sync'd my iPad and iPhone with iTunes. Would I lose all content on my iPad and iPhone?

Thanks

Baz
  • Options
    jonner101jonner101 Posts: 3,410
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi

Another quick question.

I have my iPad and iPhone sync'd with iTunes on my own iMac.

If I were to create a user account on my g/f's iMac and sync'd my iPad and iPhone with iTunes. Would I lose all content on my iPad and iPhone?

Thanks

Baz

Are you planning to get rid of your iMac then ? if not I would just stick to syncing with the same computer unless you want to be able to play the music on both mac's. You can authorise each iTunes account on 5 different computers.

You would get a warning that the iPad, and iPhone were synced to another library when you connect the iPhone/iPad to your g/fs mac.

I think you would have to copy all the content from you iMac to your user area which is created on your g/f's mac. You would also need to copy across the iPhoto library if you use that as well. This should all be on Apple's support site on how to transfer an iTunes library.

Obviously this would take up space on your g/f's mac.
  • Options
    hybridtheoryhybridtheory Posts: 850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jonner101 wrote: »
    Are you planning to get rid of your iMac then ? if not I would just stick to syncing with the same computer unless you want to be able to play the music on both mac's. You can authorise each iTunes account on 5 different computers.

You would get a warning that the iPad, and iPhone were synced to another library when you connect the iPhone/iPad to your g/fs mac.

I think you would have to copy all the content from you iMac to your user area which is created on your g/f's mac. You would also need to copy across the iPhoto library if you use that as well. This should all be on Apple's support site on how to transfer an iTunes library.

Obviously this would take up space on your g/f's mac.

Hi

I have an iTunes Match account so that sorts out my music. Can't I backup my iPhone to the Cloud, then when connected to my g/f's iMac, restore my iPhone from the Cloud backup?

Thanks

Baz
  • Options
    GormagonGormagon Posts: 1,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi

I have an iTunes Match account so that sorts out my music. Can't I backup my iPhone to the Cloud, then when connected to my g/f's iMac, restore my iPhone from the Cloud backup?

Thanks

Baz

In theory yes. In practice ... no idea, I've never had the guts to try it myself as I'm still not convinced that Apple really understands the concept of "sharing".

If you set up your own User account on GF's iMac, then sign into iTunes under that User account and 'Authorize' your own iTunes account to be used on that specific iMac then yes you can.
    What ever is on your iPhone / iPad will then be backed up to your GF's iMac.

The way that I have successfully done this in the past is to set-up a User Account on the target machine, using that account, sign into iTunes using your own iTunes account and authorize that specific unit. Then before syncing anything, copy your entire itunes library from the Master (in this case your own iMac) to the Target unit (GF's iMac).

Edit: damn that was a convoluted way of saying: Take a copy of your entire iTunes library (external HD, USB etc) and copy across.