Films you thought you would hate... but loved!!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,895
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Are there any films you saw that before you saw it you would think I'm gonna hate that or That is no way my type of film. But ended up really enjoying.

The only one I remember for me was 500 Days of Summer

Comments

• November_RainNovember_Rain Posts: 9,145
    Forum Member
    Phonebooth. I was expecting it to be really boring but I was hooked throughout.
  • LadyCakeLadyCake Posts: 3,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scary Movie. I'm guilty of being a film snob at times but it made me laugh..a lot:o

Gremilns. I thought I wouldn't like it as an adult but loved it!

Kickass. It isn't a favourite but was much better than I thought it would be.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    Gone with the Wind .
  • treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jean de Florette.
  • GortGort Posts: 7,466
    Forum Member
    Fight Club

Originally thought it was just going to be some idiotic male macho fighting film, but found out that my blinkered stereotypical view about it was greatly amiss. It's now one of my favourite films and I'm hopefully now the wiser.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 245
    Forum Member
    Showgirls. It's my guilty pleasure film.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gort wrote: »
    Fight Club

Originally thought it was just going to be some idiotic male macho fighting film, but found out that my blinkered stereotypical view about it was greatly amiss. It's now one of my favourite films and I'm hopefully now the wiser.

Me too! That's what I thought about it too, before and after watching the film.
  • GortGort Posts: 7,466
    Forum Member
    qwerty282 wrote: »
    Me too! That's what I thought about it too, before and after watching the film.

It's also fun to note when people misunderstand the film and come to the wrong conclusions after watching it. Then again, I suppose it's not X-Factor. ;)
  • jules1000jules1000 Posts: 10,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The crow. Really didnt think id like it, but i loved it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Good choice, not keen on Colin Farrell but even he done a great job in that, great script.

V For Vendetta, it got slated, but love the idea behind it, and ended up loving V.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I really liked that film :)
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Confessions of a Shopaholic. I thought it would be a really boring romcom type movie (never read the books) but I actually loved it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watchmen.
  • 007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Hangover and The Blindside.
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    'Dude, Where's My Car'. I was won over by it just being so incredibly daft.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,466
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kick-Ass sprung to mind immediately. I really didn't fancy it at all, but as soon as the film ended, I wanted to watch it all over again!
  • kerker Posts: 1,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good Will Hunting. I thought it was overhyped rubbish and put off watching it for years, then when I finally watched it, it instantly became a favourite film.

Recently, Bride Wars. Someone lent me the DVD ages ago, and I never fancied watching it, but when I finally did, I thought it was great and really enjoyed it.
  • BenBenBenBenBenBenBenBen Posts: 440
    Forum Member
    treefr0g wrote: »
    Jean de Florette.

And of course the sequel, Manon des Sources. Two wonderful films! If you havn't seen them, then do.

Don't be put off by the fact they're in French.
  • ginockginock Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't think I would dislike it but I didn't think I would be taken in as much as I was by "My Sisters Keeper", really got to me but in a good way.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    300. I went to the cinema with every intention of hating it, but I was totally gripped by the story.
  • treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And of course the sequel, Manon des Sources. Two wonderful films! If you havn't seen them, then do.

Don't be put off by the fact they're in French.

After seeing Jean de Florette I knew I'd love Manon des Sources. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Hangover, I was expecting just another ''gross out''/American Pie/Road trip sort of film but it was so much more!
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kill Bill. I'd heard about it being extremely violent and bloody so, out of curiosity, thought I'd just watch a bit but soon be switching over, disgusted. It turned out to be such a great film that all the gore didn't really put me off!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mamma Mia!